Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Fire Sale « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 10, 2006, 08:48:21 PM

It's time to unload some of our veterans and get what we can for them. The guys I'm talking about are Rice, Booger, Quarles, Simms  and maybe Kelly, depending on what we can get for him.  We can probably get more for Rice now than we could in the offseason. I don't know if there is any market for Quarles and Booger. I'd be fine if we just cut Booger to send a message. Simms would be valuable to some team because they could sign him cheap. In the case of Rice, Booger and Shelton, I think they stand in the way of younger guys getting more PT down the stretch and Rice especially could become a cancer as this team continues to lose. Lets accumulate as many draft picks as we can for next year.

#1 : October 10, 2006, 09:23:03 PM

It's time to unload some of our veterans and get what we can for them. The guys I'm talking about are Rice, Booger, Quarles, Simms and maybe Kelly, depending on what we can get for him. We can probably get more for Rice now than we could in the offseason. I don't know if there is any market for Quarles and Booger. I'd be fine if we just cut Booger to send a message. Simms would be valuable to some team because they could sign him cheap. In the case of Rice, Booger and Shelton, I think they stand in the way of younger guys getting more PT down the stretch and Rice especially could become a cancer as this team continues to lose. Lets accumulate as many draft picks as we can for next year.
few things here.
1. Why would teams trade for Simms, he's hurt, and this 'they can sign him cheap' well he's a FA at the end of the year, they can sing him cheap then too.
2. Remind me, when we went 7-9 and 5-11 was Rice a cancer?
3. Nobody is going to give us a good draft pick for Booger
4. Why trade Q? Ruud should probably be playing over Nece other than that we don't have another youngster to play, and sorry a 30-something MLB is not going to bring back anything of great value.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 10, 2006, 09:30:07 PM

just another uninformed shot at Simeon...gets old...

#3 : October 10, 2006, 09:37:44 PM

just another uninformed shot at Simeon...gets old...
so is this new fad 'trade Simms' ...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 10, 2006, 09:40:53 PM

It's either that, or let him walk at the end of the year and get no value in return.  If we can get a pick for him, why not?

#5 : October 10, 2006, 09:42:01 PM

It's either that, or let him walk at the end of the year and get no value in return. If we can get a pick for him, why not?
but WE CAN'T ...HE'S HURT, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HE'LL BE UPON RETURN, HE'S A FA AT THE END OF THE YEAR!!! Would you trade for Simms, something of value, hell a 5th round pick right now, would you pull the trigger?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 10, 2006, 09:49:04 PM

In all honesty, the guy is most likely not going to want to come back.  I think if Grads plays well, you can pretty much assume that the Bucs will stick with the more mobile QBs, the types such as McCown, and whoever else, they can get.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to get as much for him as you can before the trade deadline, and I am sure the Bucs FO is silently working to see what kind of value they could get for him.  Thing is, he played very very poorly, but at the same time a lot of that can be attributed to the O-line, the lack of a run game, etc...so the Bucs might use that as some deflection unto his upside.  He has a big time arm, he is tough as nails, and big.  Trying to get rid of him after the beating he took would be tough though.  I would think teams are not going to offer much for him, simply because of his injured state, and his poor performance this year.  But if he is going to leave, or the management has secretly made up their mind on the issue, might as well see what you can get before he hits the market. It also makes me think that is why the BUcs did not place him on the IR...yet.

His contract is easy to deal with.  He has upside.  He could be worth a fourth rounder in some teams eyes...like the Jets, Raiders, Minnesota, Green Bay maybe...who knows.

I think the world of the Simms, but if the Bucs can get something for him, I would pull the trigger before he skates out of Tampa.  I am a Bucs fan first and foremost.

I would agree with dumping Booger immediately for practically anything resembling a 4th round pick, or a "potential" laden safety/corner type.  But his contract is massive, his reward value is practically nothing.  If we all know he sucks, most other teams will know he sucks faster than we do.

Hell no to trading Kelly, or Barber.  Espescially Kelly.

#7 : October 10, 2006, 09:52:14 PM

In all honesty, the guy is most likely not going to want to come back.  I think if Grads plays well, you can pretty much assume that the Bucs will stick with the more mobile QBs, the types such as McCown, and whoever else, they can get.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to get as much for him as you can before the trade deadline, and I am sure the Bucs FO is silently working to see what kind of value they could get for him.  Thing is, he played very very poorly, but at the same time a lot of that can be attributed to the O-line, the lack of a run game, etc...so the Bucs might use that as some deflection unto his upside.  He has a big time arm, he is tough as nails, and big.  Trying to get rid of him after the beating he took would be tough though.  I would think teams are not going to offer much for him, simply because of his injured state, and his poor performance this year.  But if he is going to leave, or the management has secretly made up their mind on the issue, might as well see what you can get before he hits the market. It also makes me think that is why the BUcs did not place him on the IR...yet.

His contract is easy to deal with.  He has upside.  He could be worth a fourth rounder in some teams eyes...like the Jets, Raiders, Minnesota, Green Bay maybe...who knows.

I think the world of the Simms, but if the Bucs can get something for him, I would pull the trigger before he skates out of Tampa.  I am a Bucs fan first and foremost.

I would agree with dumping Booger immediately for practically anything resembling a 4th round pick, or a "potential" laden safety/corner type.  But his contract is massive, his reward value is practically nothing.  If we all know he sucks, most other teams will know he sucks faster than we do.

Hell no to trading Kelly, or Barber.  Espescially Kelly.
Boid I'm not saying it because I like Chris, I'm saying it because it's non-sensical, you don't honestly believe Chris is worth anything to anyone at this point
- hurt
- nobody knows how he'll come back
- FA at the end of the year
- was struggling

I know even Rattay was worth a 6th, but he was able to play if needed, Chris isn't even able to take a hit through week 6....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 10, 2006, 09:55:54 PM

but WE CAN'T ...HE'S HURT, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HE'LL BE UPON RETURN, HE'S A FA AT THE END OF THE YEAR!!! Would you trade for Simms, something of value, hell a 5th round pick right now, would you pull the trigger?

I think getting value is better than letting him walk

#9 : October 10, 2006, 09:57:30 PM

I think getting value is better than letting him walk
....are you joking me..HE HAS NO VALUE, ZIP, ZIPPO, NADA, NOTHING, NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND (and Rich McKay) would give a penny for Simms

- hurt
- was struggling

I know even Rattay was worth a 6th, but he was able to play if needed, Chris isn't even able to take a hit through week 6....(TRADE DEADLINE = WEEK 6...) NO CHANCE IN HELL WE COULD GET ANYTHING FOR CHRIS

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 10, 2006, 09:58:36 PM

Boid I'm not saying it because I like Chris, I'm saying it because it's non-sensical, you don't honestly believe Chris is worth anything to anyone at this point
- hurt
- was struggling

I know even Rattay was worth a 6th, but he was able to play if needed, Chris isn't even able to take a hit through week 6....

Well, given those facts, the Bucs could easily eat his contract this year, and probably offer him another one year deal that comes on the cheap, on the same basis.  And Chris might test the market, and realize he is better just trying to regain his starting job, putting up some numbers, and going after the big contract the year after next.  Also, some teams might just try to grab him now, and rework his contract for next year as soon as they sign him, and load it with incentives, mostly games played stuff.  That way, they have their "insurance" QB ready to go should they choose, and not really pay out their ear for him.  I am sure some teams would love to see him (teams mentioned above, plus Detroit, forgot about them) in their Unis next year.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 10, 2006, 10:05:24 PM

Yeah, I guess it's an uninformed shot at Simeon to say one year he talks about the team not being disciplined and the coaches not holding players accountable and then the very next year he gets suspended for a game. Don't fool yourself, Simeon has been a great player but he's not what he used to be and on a winning team his character is questionable on a losing team he's a malcontent.  

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#12 : October 10, 2006, 10:07:29 PM

Hey Dorothy click your heels your not in Kansas and the Bucs arent going to have a fire sale after the 4th game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 10, 2006, 10:08:04 PM

Yeah, I guess it's an uninformed shot at Simeon to say one year he talks about the team not being disciplined and the coaches not holding players accountable and then the very next year he gets suspended for a game. Don't fool yourself, Simeon has been a great player but he's not what he used to be and on a winning team his character is questionable on a losing team he's a malcontent.  

He is one of the worst teams in the NFL right about now, and he isn't crying too hard in his Kool-Aid, IMO.  He is saying the right things, and is actually saying he will play lights out (which he didn't last week).  He isn't a cancer this year.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 10, 2006, 10:09:16 PM

1. Trading Quarles would be **CENSORED**ed up IMO not to mention we wouldnt get jack **CENSORED** for him.
2.Kelly isn that old and what do you want to do start Torrie Cox Or AZ! PASS!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Fire Sale « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools