Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Fire Sale « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 10, 2006, 10:09:53 PM

I say lets start the firesale!!!  :o

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 10, 2006, 10:12:13 PM

1. Trading Quarles would be fukced up IMO not to mention we wouldnt get jack crap for him.
2.Kelly isn that old and what do you want to do start Torrie Cox Or AZ! PASS!!

WHOA!  I love seeing the F-bombs, but you better change that one ace!

And you are right...trading Q would be a sin.

#17 : October 10, 2006, 10:12:46 PM

Yeah, I guess it's an uninformed shot at Simeon to say one year he talks about the team not being disciplined and the coaches not holding players accountable and then the very next year he gets suspended for a game. Don't fool yourself, Simeon has been a great player but he's not what he used to be and on a winning team his character is questionable on a losing team he's a malcontent.  
and DB isn't what he used to be but you don't want to trade him, sorry that Sim is flamboyant but in my book there's nothing wrong with it, he's not throwing teammates under the bus (TO) he's not saying 'there's something wrong here' hell Ronde said that as did Moss, he's not saying football isn't his interest -Moss, and he's not getting arrested, so far he's bee fine, this 'cancer' idea is myth.

Orangegone1

Starter

#18 : October 10, 2006, 10:13:53 PM

If we are going to unload anyone Galloway would be in the most demand. He can still play and he has a reasonable salary. He could help SD or many teams that have a good chance to win this year. He wouldn't cost us much dead cap space and we probably could get a good draft pick from the right team. I really like the guy but he can't be in our plans too many more years.

#19 : October 10, 2006, 10:16:15 PM

If we are going to unload anyone Galloway would be in the most demand. He can still play and he has a reasonable salary. He could help SD or many teams that have a good chance to win this year. He wouldn't cost us much dead cap space and we probably could get a good draft pick from the right team. I really like the guy but he can't be in our plans too many more years.
holy crap this is getting pathetic, yes let's trade the only WR with a TD (Alex Smith - TE) because he's old, that's what we should've done two seasons ago too right?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 10, 2006, 10:17:47 PM

Let's see if he still says the right things in weeks 8,9 and 10. Maybe he could get a few sacks between now and then too! As far as trading Quarles goes, why is that a sin? If we could get a pick for a guy who might not be here next year then we should do it. This isn't college ball this is a business and it's good business to get value for something while you can.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 10, 2006, 10:18:45 PM

I think Galloway could be around for a few more years.  What in his game has made anyone think he is slowing down?

The man can outrun deer for Chrissakes!

He hasn't been one of the thirty year olds who has lost a step or two on this team.  Trust that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 10, 2006, 10:20:01 PM

Let's see if he still says the right things in weeks 8,9 and 10. Maybe he could get a few sacks between now and then too! As far as trading Quarles goes, why is that a sin? If we could get a pick for a guy who might not be here next year then we should do it. This isn't college ball this is a business and it's good business to get value for something while you can.

Who mans the middle after Q?

That is why it is a sin.  Because you aren't going to get crap for a 35 year old MLB, might as well let him play his year out in Tampa, and keep on tutoring Ruud in whatever fashion he has to.  That is why it would be a sin.

Orangegone1

Starter

#23 : October 10, 2006, 10:22:03 PM

If we really are rebuilding, that is probably the guy that could get the most in return. He is going to be 35 next month and it wouldn't hurt to listen to offers.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 10, 2006, 10:25:38 PM

If we don't get crap for him then we don't let him go, but if someone wants to give up a pick we take it and give Ruud the PT he needs. We don't want him learning on the job next year when we'll actually be playing for something.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 10, 2006, 10:26:19 PM

Quarles, Rice, Booger, Wyms, and Spires all have high cap values and most likely will all be gone next year.  Rice may stick around one more year if he shows something this year  but I have my doubts.  I am not against trading Rice or Quarles and I doubt the Bucs can obtain anything for Booger.  Spires and Wyms could take a paycut to stick around if not they should hit the road.  Dewayne White needs to show more to stick around.  Julian Jenkins and Charles Bennett will be cheap and will stick around most likely as backups.

Winborn needs to see the field so the Bucs can determine if they can use him as a cheap stopgap for the shorterm at WLB if Brooks decides to retire next year.  Nece and Cash are good enough for the SSLB spot and let the best one win there. 

Bolden's salary is modest but I would like to see Zemaitis on the playing field this year.  If Zemaitis can show he is just as good as Bolden then I would be for Bolden being cut.  It would also be a good time to see what Blue Adams can do as a corner or safety.

At safety I know people want to see Phillips gone but I say he needs to stay.  Even if he is not a starter he still has value as a backup.

#26 : October 10, 2006, 10:29:19 PM

your analogy to CFB makes no sense just to let you know, and again remind me...when we were 5-11 did Rice spout his mouth off?

Orangegone1

Starter

#27 : October 10, 2006, 10:34:10 PM

Mr D'Ray, didn't you have a Marc Denis picture? He is playing well we just can't score.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 10, 2006, 10:49:32 PM

D'Ray, my analogy makes a lot of sense. Pro ball is a business and there isn't a lot of room for loyalty. College ball, on the other hand, has a lot of room for loyalty. Many times you will see a 5th year QB or other position start over a stud freshman because the coaches reward the upper classman for hard work and sticking it out! Just to let you know!!!!

#29 : October 10, 2006, 10:50:37 PM

Mr D'Ray, didn't you have a Marc Denis picture? He is playing well we just can't score.
I did, I change my sig like I change shirts, no indication of my alliance fading, plus Longoria hit a homer in Instructs yesterday so I wanted to give him some dap
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Fire Sale « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools