Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Captains Announced « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2008, 03:59:43 PM

You sure about that?  Maybe that crudfest in the Jax game had as much to do with money as it did with rust.  Obviously something is impacting him on the football side....

From what I know of Jeff Garcia, I could never, ever say that his dissatisfaction with his contract has any impact on his play on the field. The just doesn't seem wired that way. He so much wants to win that I doubt you could do anything to him before a game, aside from harming him physically, that would detract from his desire to win the football game.

During the offseason or during the week his mind may focus on the business issues, but on Sunday the guy is all about winning.

The crudfest, IMO, was lack of reps and wasn't any attempt on his part to prove a point. Stupid is one thing he is not. Annoying in front of a microphone at times? Sure. Too worried about getting respect in the form of dollars? Yep. Stupid? No.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 02, 2008, 06:01:29 PM

makes sense for t faine to get the C instead of davin.  centers are more natural leaders, and a guy in his 3rd season needs to focus on becoming a more complete player

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 02, 2008, 06:49:18 PM

You sure about that? Maybe that crudfest in the Jax game had as much to do with money as it did with rust. Obviously something is impacting him on the football side....

From what I know of Jeff Garcia, I could never, ever say that his dissatisfaction with his contract has any impact on his play on the field. The just doesn't seem wired that way. He so much wants to win that I doubt you could do anything to him before a game, aside from harming him physically, that would detract from his desire to win the football game.

During the offseason or during the week his mind may focus on the business issues, but on Sunday the guy is all about winning.

The crudfest, IMO, was lack of reps and wasn't any attempt on his part to prove a point. Stupid is one thing he is not. Annoying in front of a microphone at times? Sure. Too worried about getting respect in the form of dollars? Yep. Stupid? No.

Nice explanation DTG, but he's still pissing me off...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : September 02, 2008, 07:02:39 PM

Great.. so one of our team captains is a whiner.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 02, 2008, 08:05:47 PM

And a lot of our posters...lol

Let the guy play a game before you condemn him please?

DTG hit it on the head. Business wise, he aint happy.

Play wise? We won't know until Sunday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 02, 2008, 07:57:08 PM

Nice explanation DTG, but he's still pissing me off...

I have no problem with that.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 02, 2008, 08:02:34 PM

faine has never played a down for the bucs

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 02, 2008, 10:55:45 PM

faine has never played a down for the bucs

But he's made a big impression in the lockerroom.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : September 02, 2008, 11:19:04 PM

Well if Garcia comes out and sucks on Sunday he will have hell to pay, we will know the money side affected his play and it will be time for him to be a back up.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 02, 2008, 11:25:21 PM

Well if Garcia comes out and sucks on Sunday he will have hell to pay, we will know the money side affected his play and it will be time for him to be a back up.

So missing tons of practice due to injury would have nothing to do with it?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 02, 2008, 11:27:13 PM

Not sure you can blame just the money side and not his age, health issues and rustiness as well as Gruden not wanting to get married to a 38 QB who might be done, which might have distorted Garcia'S mind with all the stepping out of the relationship Gruden did with the so called beauty queens of QB's in the NFL should he stink it up in the opener

#26 : September 03, 2008, 12:11:52 AM

So missing tons of practice due to injury would have nothing to do with it?

He's not the only qb to miss practice.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 03, 2008, 12:14:05 AM

But he needs it more than guys like Manning and Brady.

schtoomy

Second String

#28 : September 03, 2008, 02:53:52 AM

are we whining about our team captain being a whiner?  that's hot.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 03, 2008, 03:15:21 AM

But he needs it more than guys like Manning and Brady.

Why would a 400 year veteran need it more than Manning or Brady?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Captains Announced « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools