Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3rd Metallica Single - Cyanide « previous next »
Page: 1

HeyTampaBay

Starter

: September 02, 2008, 01:00:22 AM

Is on their website, under the headline "Another full taste of death"

By far my favorite from the new album so far! This song kicks.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 02, 2008, 01:03:57 AM

Metallica sucks.....havent been good for years.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#2 : September 02, 2008, 01:14:56 AM

Metallica sucks.....havent been good for years.

Thanks for your very valuable insight on the SONG. Did you listen to it champ?

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 02, 2008, 01:21:37 AM

Yes I did, and I didnt really care for it that much. Old Metallica is so much better then the new stuff. However, I will give them credit that Nothing Else Matters is a good song. They are a great band, just after they did that whole movie and the Album St.Anger it just turned me off to them.

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#4 : September 02, 2008, 01:23:59 AM

Yes I did, and I didnt really care for it that much. Old Metallica is so much better then the new stuff. However, I will give them credit that Nothing Else Matters is a good song. They are a great band, just after they did that whole movie and the Album St.Anger it just turned me off to them.

St Anger was average. Its weird. To me St Anger is an album with no standout tunes but when I actually listen to the album (which is rarely) I find it not to be all that bad. Nothing great came from it but it wasn't downright horrible - I've heard far worse music.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 02, 2008, 01:30:26 AM

Metallica just sucks now considering they lost Newsted and replaced him with Trujillo. They were great back in the day but now its just same old boring stuff they always sing about, atleast, to me.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#6 : September 02, 2008, 01:49:16 AM

Metallica just sucks now considering they lost Newsted and replaced him with Trujillo. They were great back in the day but now its just same old boring stuff they always sing about, atleast, to me.

Trujillo is 10x the bass player Newstead was. Lol

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 02, 2008, 10:07:25 AM

Newstead was part of the 'downfall era' of Metallica, so that's no big prize.

Trujillo is the man but most of the bands he's been in, he hasn't been all that influential in the creation phase.. ie with Ozzy obviously, and Black Label Society.

Plus this album is reworked garbage from St. Anger... no surprise it sucks. You can dress up a turd all day and it's still a turd.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 03, 2008, 04:16:35 PM

This is the worst of the 3 new singles. ''My Apocalpse'' is the best so far. It is only a week away to get the whole album. I cannot wait. It will be better than most of the stuff out there posing as real metal and music. Newstead was not a bad bassist at all. It is just that he was not Cliff Burton. Burton was great but not as good as say Les Claypool or Flea. To me they are the best bass players around. Trujillo is good but not great either. He is better than Newstead is though.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 03, 2008, 05:22:05 PM

Les Claypool is on a whole different level than the other bassists you named.

Les Claypool to bass is what Buckethead is to guitar, they're one of a kind.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

replica

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 04, 2008, 09:48:09 AM

The first single is still my favorite, the entire Metallica album has been leaked onto the internet for anyone to find. I have not looked because of viruses.. Jay Newstead is an incredible bassist. Check out his work with Flotsam & Jetsam, Voivod, and Chophouse records. I do expect Trujillo to bring some 'swagger' back to the band..
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3rd Metallica Single - Cyanide « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools