Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PiratesofthePewterPants 4 Round Mock V 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
: October 10, 2006, 09:29:50 PM

This years class is weak defensively at the top. There are great offensive prospects like Quinn, Calvin, AP, and Ginn, but the Bucs need to get defensive in the 1st round.

1. Quentin Moses | Defensive End | Georgia
6-5 | 257 | 4.7

The defensive line is a need and NT is probably a bigger need the end, but there aren't many tackels avaiable. With Spires and Rice getting older and slower, Moses and White could be a nice 1-2 combo for years to come.

2. Michael Griffin | Safety | Texas
6-0 | 205 | 4.45

The safety spot has been another weakness on this team. Jermaine Phillips is a hitter, and tackeling has been one of the main issues on the defense. In fact, he was replaced by Pearson in last weeks game. Will Allen has had some issues, but I think he will be back next year. Phillips, I'm not sure about. Griffin was a playmaker for a national champion.

3. Kareem Brown | DT | Da U
6-5 | 315 | 5.10

Reason we need him? Booger. Big boy who posted 5 sacks for Miami last year. Can you imagine trying to block him, Rice, Moses? Not easy.

4. Garrett Wolfe | RB | Northern Illinois
5-7 | 177 | 4.4

The Bucs need a big play return man, and Wolfe could provide that and then some. Will be a sleeper because of his size, but he can ball. He has great vision and hits the hole hard. Perfect for kick returns. Also could provide a nice changeup for Cadillac for years to come. Set 5 game rushing yard record this season, and is on pace to break the single season rushing record.

Highlights
More highlights

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 10, 2006, 09:33:38 PM

great another mock draft thread........only another 7 months to go, plenty of time for you to do versions 2 thru 29.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : October 10, 2006, 09:35:01 PM

great another mock draft thread........only another 7 months to go, plenty of time for you to do versions 2 thru 29.
You think there are only going to be 29?

What else is there to do? I guess we could all rip on the Booger some more.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 10, 2006, 09:36:41 PM

Where are we going to take Moses at?  He's fine but not in the top 5 I don't think.  He's still living off hype from last season.  So far he's got all of 1 sack this season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 10, 2006, 09:37:36 PM

You think there are only going to be 29?

What else is there to do? I guess we could all rip on the Booger some more.

It is better to see what FA brings before you start mock drafts IMO.

#5 : October 10, 2006, 09:39:11 PM

seriously Pirate, your blocking another 'Trade Simms' or 'Rice will become a cancer' thread  ::)
as I posted on the CFB I like the picks

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2006, 09:39:20 PM

Where are we going to take Moses at?  He's fine but not in the top 5 I don't think.  He's still living off hype from last season.  So far he's got all of 1 sack this season.

If we end up with a top five pick, which looks very likely, they need to trade down or take the BAP.....which will probably be an offensive pick.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 10, 2006, 09:41:44 PM

seriously Pirate, your blocking another 'Trade Simms' or 'Rice will become a cancer' thread  ::)
as I posted on the CFB I like the picks

Does he think the posters are too stupid to find the College Football Board?   ;)

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8 : October 10, 2006, 09:42:33 PM

If we end up with a top five pick, which looks very likely, they need to trade down or take the BAP.....which will probably be an offensive pick.
Yep I agree. I don't see a defensive player that is worthy of a Top 5 pick.

Calvin Johnson would probably be the BAP, so I would agree we would trade down.

Now what we would get? I have no idea, so I just went with that.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : October 10, 2006, 09:43:08 PM

Does he think the posters are too stupid to find the College Football Board? ;)
Well I posted it over there and got 1 reply.

Compare that to how many replies I have over here already.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#10 : October 10, 2006, 09:43:33 PM

Does he think the posters are too stupid to find the College Football Board? ;)
the CFB is pretty dead compared to what I would expect from the old college threads (runole missing may have something to do with that) I have nothing wrong with Mock threads, I mean we get to see the pics at least rather than just text, and some have added video which makes it pretty cool if you ask me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 10, 2006, 09:45:06 PM

When draft time rolls around defensive players tend to rise.  So yes there will be a defensive player worth a top five pick by then and no it will not be a safety. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2006, 09:45:18 PM

I'd just take the best available.  Of the early projections, there will be a RB which we probably won't need, a QB which we may need, a LT which we need, and a WR that is too good to pass on and I think we need more than people realize.

Don't let this last game suddenly make up your mind about this offense.  Sure it looked good, but it was horrid in the 3 games before that.  I'm not convinced that Grads has cured all of its ails just yet.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : October 10, 2006, 09:49:12 PM

If Calvin Johnson is there I don't care who you are you can't pass him up at #5.

We could trade down, but we can't select anybody else at that pick I don't think. He is just too good and Galloway is getting up there so we will have a need for a speedy WR soon. Johnson is not just speedy but speedy and huge. That is a nice combination for any offense.

I love the Wolfe pick...we could really use him here.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 10, 2006, 11:11:23 PM

Does he think the posters are too stupid to find the College Football Board?   ;)
We have a College Football Board!?

;P
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PiratesofthePewterPants 4 Round Mock V 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools