Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deion Sanders speaks on the Colts..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: December 25, 2006, 03:16:31 AM

Peyton actually said "we can't play both sides of the ball." HILARIOUS! He's gonna start throwing the D under a train!

What would have been funnier would be if Manning said "We brought in a head coach who is supposedly a defensive genius, but our defense stinks.   It may be time to go in a different direction if we want to win a superbowl.   Our defense was better than this with less talent before Dungy came here.".

#1 : December 25, 2006, 01:09:26 AM

He asked the cameraman to zoom in close to his face, then he said(paraphrasing) "I'm really not that good looking people... its just the make-up. Just like the Colts. They really aren't that good-looking. Late in the season, their make-up comes off and we see the real Colts"

I thought that was hilarious.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 25, 2006, 01:11:57 AM

LOL!

Maybe the BUcs want Dungy to be apart of their future plans...as an assistant of some kind, or if Kiff retires, a D-Coordinator...lol!

Dungy is a class act, and a great professional.  Tip my hate to the man, but it looks like it is all slipping away right now.  What a bad stigma to have on his resume.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : December 25, 2006, 02:50:15 AM

Peyton actually said "we can't play both sides of the ball."  HILARIOUS! He's gonna start throwing the D under a train!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 25, 2006, 07:25:05 AM

Actually, it soudn't surprise me to see Manning ask for a coaching change if the defense is the reason(and it looks like it will) they don't make the superbowl this year. Granted, the Colts window may have been extended with Wayne becoming a true #1 and Addai replacing James, but I think he knows he's not going to get anywhere with Dungy at the helm.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 25, 2006, 08:03:28 AM

I was listening to the Indy radio post game show after that Colts loss.   Some of the fans are calling for Dungy's head and the radio guys seemed to agree but were reserving final judgement until the playoffs.   

#6 : December 25, 2006, 09:38:10 AM

Actually, it soudn't surprise me to see Manning ask for a coaching change if the defense is the reason(and it looks like it will) they don't make the superbowl this year. Granted, the Colts window may have been extended with Wayne becoming a true #1 and Addai replacing James, but I think he knows he's not going to get anywhere with Dungy at the helm.

He's never won anything regardless of who was at the helm. He shouldn't be casting any stones.

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 25, 2006, 10:15:37 AM

Dungy & Manning are a match made in heaven, neither have won anything meaningful.

#8 : December 25, 2006, 10:43:44 AM

Maybe the best line Deion has ever delivered.....wonder who wrote it for him.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 25, 2006, 10:50:26 AM

Watching ESPN this morning and I was really surprised to hear Manning say that! Sure seems like the frustration is boiling over there with the offense. Besides the "can't play both sides line" he said we scored 24 points, I guess we'll have to score more next time to win. Does Dungy get fired if the Colts don't make the Super Bowl? They've gone 2-4 in the last six games and it certainly seems like the seat is getting a lot hotter there.  Not the way you want to go into opening a new stadium.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 25, 2006, 11:28:48 AM

Deion is actually a nice guy unlike alot of people think. He went to my high school. Yeah he is full of himself but hey he WAS the **CENSORED**.

#11 : December 25, 2006, 11:53:23 AM

canes04

Flambuoyant?  yes  full of himself?  yes  complete player?  not as much as some think....he was afraid of the tackling dummies.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 25, 2006, 12:07:20 PM

LOL Prefer! Yea he definitely didn't want any part of the "tackling" portion of the job description. Then he was the "mediator" between Deangelo Hall and Terrell Owens. Talk about the 3 stooges. With those 3 mouths going, hard to get a word in.  :D

#13 : December 25, 2006, 12:51:25 PM

He didn't have to do much tackling when he had one side of the field shut down.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 25, 2006, 01:09:04 PM

How can a guy be criticized for being one of the best CB's ever to play, a shut down corner if I ever saw one just because he did not like to tackle?  So the guy was not Ronnie Lott who cares as he shut down everybody's #1 WR and QB's rarely threw his way and when they did Prime Time was gone the other way for a TD.  Deion was one of the most electric players ever to step on a field as every time he touched the ball he had a chance to take it to the house.  Anybody who ever says they would not want Deion on their team is a liar or a moron as the guy was the best at his position PERIOD.  Plus he was and is a winner as look where he went and put them over the hump - San Francisco could not get past Dallas so Deion comes in, shuts down Haper and Irvin and they win the Super Bowl, then he goes to Dallas and Dallas wins.  Yeah there were other great players on both teams but fact of the matter is Deion is and was the greatest CB ever to play the game.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deion Sanders speaks on the Colts..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools