Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Lamond

Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2008, 09:50:18 AM

That's 3 examples. Shall I mention Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Deacon Jones, etc?

Players play. The amount of $$ they make is irrelevant. They don't play well because they make a lot of money. They make a lot of money because they play well.
Face it. When an organization makes one side of the ball a priority, they use their premium resources to build it - high draft picks and big free agent money. Look at the Chargers. They start a 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks on their defensive line, a 1st round pick at outside linebacker, a 2nd round pick at safety, and two 1st round picks at corner. The Bucs haven't been doing that. All the good resources go to the offense.

Since you mentioned the Chargers, how did that work out for them yesterday?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 08, 2008, 09:18:15 AM

you can't blame the offense completely, but if the D gave up 400 yards and only 24 points, and our pathetic excuse of an offense can only score 13 points, I think you should be blaming both sides of the ball equally.

We sucked yesterday, and I don't think any phase of the game should escape without blame, including the coaching staff......and I am a Gruden supporter.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 08, 2008, 09:18:31 AM

FRG

Mark it down on your Chief Tablet --

Tanard Jackson, Barrett Ruud, Gaines Adams...all will become PB players. �The Bucs have spent the money. �Like many others, you just do not have the patience to allow the tree to bear fruit.
The Bucs haven't spent jack in years on the defense. Without looking it up White, Hovan, Wilkerson, Carter, Haye, Ruud, Jackson, and Buchanon are all paid in the bottom 1/3 for their positions. Adams is the only defensive player to receiver a $10+ million signing bonus since whenever the last time Brooks was extended. The Saints gave Bobby McCray a $20 million contract just to be a backup. He got a sack yesterday. I agree Ruud and Jackson could have Pro Bowls in their future. Adams has a ways to go. But they're all second year starters. The Bucs decided rather than get instant players they were going to develop. That's fine but you can't expect lights-out every game. I actually have plenty of patience. I'm the one saying you can't expect a stifling unit out of this bunch right now.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 08, 2008, 10:47:32 AM

and we have zero weapons. If our defense has a sloppy game we have no chance of winning. If Buchanon doesn't return that INT for a TD we get blown out, simply because the offense would have given up and thrown all game long and not run even 12 times it did.

If the holding call on Adams is called the Bucs win, see how that works? If Barber doesn't fall down the Bucs would have won. If, if, if.

The fact is Buchanon did return it for a TD and the Bucs didn't get blown out. It's a team game, if the D scores it isn't a bad thing.

The Bucs O didn't take advantage in the first half. That, IMO, is the reason they lost.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : September 08, 2008, 10:42:10 AM

If you didn't see anything positive yesterday I'm sorry for you, there were many positives among the negatives.

Yeah, I agree...too many people that are "all-in" with their views...either was horrendous or no big deal...

There were definitely some positives to come out of this game, along with mistakes...which happens every game...and we just happened to come up on the short end of the scoreboard against a team who -- let's be honest -- looks like they have a lot of weapons on offense just like everyone predicted...
and we have zero weapons. If our defense has a sloppy game we have no chance of winning. If Buchanon doesn't return that INT for a TD we get blown out, simply because the offense would have given up and thrown all game long and not run even 12 times it did.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 08, 2008, 10:13:26 AM

If you didn't see anything positive yesterday I'm sorry for you, there were many positives among the negatives.

Yeah, I agree...too many people that are "all-in" with their views...either was horrendous or no big deal...

There were definitely some positives to come out of this game, along with mistakes...which happens every game...and we just happened to come up on the short end of the scoreboard against a team who -- let's be honest -- looks like they have a lot of weapons on offense just like everyone predicted...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 08, 2008, 10:09:09 AM

It's not koolaid, the Bucs are a good team.

Newsflash, they will lose another game this year. Hopefully the emotional outbursts will have calmed down once they win a few games.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 08, 2008, 10:06:33 AM

Some very un-buc like plays out of the D. That said, if the O is going to be allowed to have egregious holds all day long it's going to be hard to play great D. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 08, 2008, 10:00:48 AM

Whatever man, that might be the weakest comment you've made in this thread.

Carry on...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : September 08, 2008, 10:01:13 AM

I didn't see anything, sorry. Poor tackling, dead armed QB a coach that REFUSED to run the ball and a returner that was so scared of getting hit he fell down when someone got near him.

No, I'm sorry for you. Yes there was poor tackling and DJ was afraid to get hit. Garcia doesn't have a dead arm, his accuracy was off yesterday.

The Bucs are one of the stronger teams in the conference, I can't wait for the rest of the season.
I need some of your kool-aid.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 08, 2008, 09:58:49 AM

That's 3 examples. Shall I mention Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Deacon Jones, etc?

Players play. The amount of $$ they make is irrelevant. They don't play well because they make a lot of money. They make a lot of money because they play well.
Face it. When an organization makes one side of the ball a priority, they use their premium resources to build it - high draft picks and big free agent money. Look at the Chargers. They start a 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks on their defensive line, a 1st round pick at outside linebacker, a 2nd round pick at safety, and two 1st round picks at corner. The Bucs haven't been doing that. All the good resources go to the offense.

Since you mentioned the Chargers, how did that work out for them yesterday?
I'm not justifying success; I'm justifying expectations. Because of what San Diego invested in that defense, you expect them to play better. Based on what the Bucs invested, you get what you get.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 08, 2008, 09:51:54 AM

That's possible Buckit. I was a little surprised they didn't slide June over there and put Black in a SLB.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 08, 2008, 09:51:31 AM

I didn't see anything, sorry. Poor tackling, dead armed QB a coach that REFUSED to run the ball and a returner that was so scared of getting hit he fell down when someone got near him.

No, I'm sorry for you. Yes there was poor tackling and DJ was afraid to get hit. Garcia doesn't have a dead arm, his accuracy was off yesterday.

The Bucs are one of the stronger teams in the conference, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 08, 2008, 09:50:35 AM

The D made plenty of plays yesterday.  However, with an offense as dynamic as the Saints, plenty sometimes ain't enough.  When Brooks went out, the Saints took full advantage of our lack of depth at that position.  From what I recall, we had Brooks manning up vs Bush.  His replacement was less than capable.

I'd expect to see Geno Hayes get a lot more reps in practice this week.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 08, 2008, 09:49:06 AM

Maybe not ALL the blame but we cannot expect to beat one of the top offenses in the league scoring ONE offensive TD.

The O lost the game, IMO. The 73 yrd drive was nice but where was that in the first half?

It's tough, that game should not have been close if the Bucs O showed up in the first half.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools