Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : September 08, 2008, 09:50:08 AM

That's 3 examples. Shall I mention Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, Deacon Jones, etc?

Players play. The amount of $$ they make is irrelevant. They don't play well because they make a lot of money. They make a lot of money because they play well.
Face it. When an organization makes one side of the ball a priority, they use their premium resources to build it - high draft picks and big free agent money. Look at the Chargers. They start a 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks on their defensive line, a 1st round pick at outside linebacker, a 2nd round pick at safety, and two 1st round picks at corner. The Bucs haven't been doing that. All the good resources go to the offense.
and the offense is still worthless.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 08, 2008, 09:48:40 AM

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 08, 2008, 09:48:57 AM

Players play. The amount of $$ they make is irrelevant. They don't play well because they make a lot of money. They make a lot of money because they play well.
Face it. When an organization makes one side of the ball a priority, they use their premium resources to build it - high draft picks and big free agent money. Look at the Chargers. They start a 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks on their defensive line, a 1st round pick at outside linebacker, a 2nd round pick at safety, and two 1st round picks at corner. The Bucs haven't been doing that. All the good resources go to the offense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 08, 2008, 09:47:51 AM

It really wasn't that close in my eyes. We got lucky and returned an interception for a touchdown. If we didnt do that we get blown out, the offense showed me nothing especially the offensive line. Someone was saying they were going to be top 10.... they look like lower 5 of the league. I am not encouraged at all.

I love it when the D makes a great play and it's "lucky"

The running game was good, pass pro was a little shaky in the begining but over the course of the game came on strong, and Garcia started getting it going. The team answered a score with a 73 yrd, fairly quick stike drive.

If you didn't see anything positive yesterday I'm sorry for you, there were many positives among the negatives.
I didn't see anything, sorry. Poor tackling, dead armed QB a coach that REFUSED to run the ball and a returner that was so scared of getting hit he fell down when someone got near him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 08, 2008, 09:45:42 AM

It really wasn't that close in my eyes. We got lucky and returned an interception for a touchdown. If we didnt do that we get blown out, the offense showed me nothing especially the offensive line. Someone was saying they were going to be top 10.... they look like lower 5 of the league. I am not encouraged at all.

I love it when the D makes a great play and it's "lucky"

The running game was good, pass pro was a little shaky in the begining but over the course of the game came on strong, and Garcia started getting it going. The team answered a score with a 73 yrd, fairly quick stike drive.

If you didn't see anything positive yesterday I'm sorry for you, there were many positives among the negatives.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 08, 2008, 09:46:35 AM

We got beat in all 4 phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams and coaching. The front 4 of ours not getting any pressure really was hard to watch, especially with the way their front 4 was owning our very soft offensive line.

wow, to get beat in all 4 phases and lose on the road by 4?

the ST play was outstanding yesterday
Someone was saying they were going to be top 10.... they look like lower 5 of the league. I am not encouraged at all.
Did you see their run blocking? Even without the huge run, Graham had gaping holes to run thru. Same with Warrick. That encouraged the hell out of me, especially if Gruden didn't abandon the run.
Fine.. running holes... but our coach is bumbling and decided running wasn't the right thing to do. All those holes mean NOTHING if Gruden is allowing an obvious dead-armed QB to throw the ball.

#21 : September 08, 2008, 09:42:55 AM

Can't lay all the blame on the offense for this one.

Maybe not ALL the blame but we cannot expect to beat one of the top offenses in the league scoring ONE offensive TD.

Sure we can.  Because our QB might not throw lotsa TDs, but he sure can protect the ball, yessirree

#22 : September 08, 2008, 09:41:58 AM

Can't lay all the blame on the offense for this one.

Maybe not ALL the blame but we cannot expect to beat one of the top offenses in the league scoring ONE offensive TD.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 08, 2008, 09:40:26 AM

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 08, 2008, 09:41:46 AM

We got beat in all 4 phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams and coaching. The front 4 of ours not getting any pressure really was hard to watch, especially with the way their front 4 was owning our very soft offensive line.

Someone was saying they were going to be top 10.... they look like lower 5 of the league. I am not encouraged at all.
Did you see their run blocking? Even without the huge run, Graham had gaping holes to run thru. Same with Warrick. That encouraged the hell out of me, especially if Gruden didn't abandon the run.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 08, 2008, 09:39:26 AM

You can say all that based on one game? Signing bonuses have nothing to do with play on the field. We made some big mistakes yesterday. It happens.
Players with more talent that are paid more and/or drafted higher make fewer mistakes.

That's just naive. Players who want to and are well coached make fewer mistakes. Draft position and salary have never won a game in the NFL.
Of course there are 1st round picks who don't play like it, but most of the time the higher you're drafted and more money you make the more universally acknowledged your talent is. Who made plays for the Saints yesterday? Drew Brees - $60 million contract. Reggie Bush - #2 overall pick in the draft. Charles Grant - $50 million contract. Bobby McCray - $20 million contract. Jammal Brown - top 15 pick.
Our 1st round picks and big contract guys... lol Yugo Williams, Michael "Inactive" Clayton, Jeffy "I've got a hurt ego so I cant play in preseason" Garcia, Davin "Injured again?" Joseph, Charlie "Bad Knees" Garner. The future isn't bright on offense.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 08, 2008, 09:37:33 AM

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 08, 2008, 09:36:25 AM

You can say all that based on one game? Signing bonuses have nothing to do with play on the field. We made some big mistakes yesterday. It happens.
Players with more talent that are paid more and/or drafted higher make fewer mistakes.

That's just naive. Players who want to and are well coached make fewer mistakes. Draft position and salary have never won a game in the NFL.
Of course there are 1st round picks who don't play like it, but most of the time the higher you're drafted and more money you make the more universally acknowledged your talent is. Who made plays for the Saints yesterday? Drew Brees - $60 million contract. Reggie Bush - #2 overall pick in the draft. Charles Grant - $50 million contract. Bobby McCray - $20 million contract. Jammal Brown - top 15 pick.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 08, 2008, 09:22:31 AM

Turner is a younger version of Deuce and they have Norwood who I believe is better than Bush. The Falcons game will be challenge for the defense even if Ryan is a rookie.

I disagree.

Norwood is nothing like Bush, not even on the same planet. Turner is a good RB but the Bucs will handle the poor ATL OL and the horrendous ATL D

MBF

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 08, 2008, 09:34:17 AM

I predict we'll crush Atlanta and then everyone will downplay the result and say 'it's just Atlanta'.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools