Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : September 08, 2008, 09:06:18 AM

Stan

Stated it in other threads and TOTALLY agree with you.

Monte Kiffin's group needs to take their share of criticism as well.

And some have stated the D was on the field too long again.  Crapola on that.  If they looked at the game stats they'd know better.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 08, 2008, 09:03:24 AM

I agree Stan. Everyone seems rather intent on slamming the offense but the D really let us down yesterday.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#47 : September 08, 2008, 09:01:47 AM

But where was our defense?

They gave up over 400 yards-thats not Bucs ball.

Did they forget how to tackle?

Can't lay all the blame on the offense for this one.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 08, 2008, 01:27:02 PM

Players with more talent that are paid more and/or drafted higher make fewer mistakes.

True. That's why first round picks are always sure things. They never bust, and never get out-played by guys picked in lower rounds.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 08, 2008, 02:01:18 PM

Players with more talent that are paid more and/or drafted higher make fewer mistakes.

True. That's why first round picks are always sure things. They never bust, and never get out-played by guys picked in lower rounds.
That's not at all what I said.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#50 : September 08, 2008, 02:29:49 PM

i agree the bucs defense failed to show up in the second half. Way too many big plays for buc ball.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 08, 2008, 03:08:24 PM

as a matter of fact, it's a credit to Gruden and Kiffin our Bucs are even competitive....

People want to call Bruce Allen a genius...but honestly, our team lacks alot of talent.

think about it...

At QB, we have a 38 year old journeyman who's last big year was in 2002, the same year we won the Super Bowl.  He isn't as bad as many on here think and is probably one of our better offensive players, but that just shows you how talentless our team really is.  Earnest Graham is a monster.  Joey Galloway is our best offensive threat and is 36 years old.  Our offensive line isn't anything special despite making an average center the highest paid and investing through the draft.

On the defensive line, we invested a top 4 pick on Gaines Adams.  Other than that, what have we done.  We took a reclamation project on Chris Hovan, got an undrafted guys in Greg White and Jovan Haye, and have cast aways in Carter/Wilkerson.  So aside from Gaines Adams, what have we done to solidy our D line.  At Linebacker, we have Derrick Brooks, who was here since 1995.  Barrett Ruud was a good investment and Cato June was a good signing.  Also can't complain  with the secondary.

We don't have much talent to tell you the truth, and this isn't an over-reaction to the game yesterday as I do think we should be 3-1 at the end of the first quarter, but you just have to hand it to Gruden and Kiffin for keeping this team competitive.

We haven't drafted a Probowl player for a while now.  We didn't have one last year until Garcia was annointed as an alternate.  Not saying probowl is the be all and end all when it comes to judging talent, but Bruce Allen needs to do a better job....

and we will probably see an infusion of talent if we do indeed have 4-6 wins this year.  Next week is huge...If we lose to the Falcons at home...forget about it....

haha this is why you gotta love the Bucs...you can know by week 4 what your in for....

With exception of 2003........

2002- 3-1
2004-0-4
2005-4-0
2006-0-4
2007-3-1

haha next week is huge..

TheRealist

Second String

#52 : September 08, 2008, 03:32:19 PM

I remember when It use to be that when the Bucs had the lead in the fourth quarter thats was it, there was no come back....that was definetly not the case yesterday
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll get blasted for this « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools