Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Saints loss cause an opening day home TV blackout? « previous next »
Page: 1

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

: September 08, 2008, 07:41:35 AM

If Gruden coaches the offense like he did yesterday, I hope they do black it out.  That was pathetic from an offensive genius. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

RudeGuy

Starter

#1 : September 08, 2008, 01:03:00 AM

I doubt we will have blackouts this year but if they start really bad maybe its a possibility.

If you see Chip Carter around the hood, just ask him for us.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 08, 2008, 10:18:59 AM

I don't blame you guys in Tampa for not wanting to go see this team anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see games getting blacked out. The offense stinks, again. You guys have put up with this year after year and still bought your season tickets. I had Sunday Ticket for the last 3 years to watch the Bucs. This year I physically couldn't get it, but I am glad that I have this money in my pocket now. The team just isn't worth watching. They're the biggest snoozefest in the NFL and year after year we put that same product on display. I'm no genius, and I don't know exactly why we suck on offense year after year but I just know that it's the bottom line: we do.

I don't think we're going to get better, either. Not just this year but into the future until some changes are made. Be that somebody else running the offense, whatever. It's got to happen because there are going to be a lot of blackouts in the future if this is the type of product put out from here.

Actually, it was a great game on Sunday and the Falcons appear to have righted the ship and bring a challenge for the Bucs in Week 2. The Bucs are what we thought they were. If the Defense gives up more than 20, we're going to lose. If the defense plays at a high level and gives the offense a short field, they win.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 08, 2008, 09:47:53 AM

I don't blame you guys in Tampa for not wanting to go see this team anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see games getting blacked out. The offense stinks, again. You guys have put up with this year after year and still bought your season tickets.
Aww poor fans, buying their season tickets although they're under no obligation to do so. My heart bleeds for you. Can't believe they still go, even though the FO hate the fans and aren't trying to improve just to piss off the fans.

^^Typical example of the fickle bullcrap some fans come out with, it boggles the mind.

techstar25

Starter

#4 : September 08, 2008, 09:46:08 AM

There was article from PFT, where they investigated the claim that the Dolphins game was sold out. They checked and also found 8 seats together. These were tickets returned by the visiting team. It's a long and strange explanation, but it kind of makes sense, and may or may not be relevant to our situation.
First article where they went looking for tickets:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/06/jets-fins-not-sold-out/

Second article where they reveal the reason it's sold out with tickets still available:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/06/more-on-the-jets-fins-tickets/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : September 08, 2008, 09:37:13 AM

I don't blame you guys in Tampa for not wanting to go see this team anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see games getting blacked out. The offense stinks, again. You guys have put up with this year after year and still bought your season tickets. I had Sunday Ticket for the last 3 years to watch the Bucs. This year I physically couldn't get it, but I am glad that I have this money in my pocket now. The team just isn't worth watching. They're the biggest snoozefest in the NFL and year after year we put that same product on display. I'm no genius, and I don't know exactly why we suck on offense year after year but I just know that it's the bottom line: we do.

I don't think we're going to get better, either. Not just this year but into the future until some changes are made. Be that somebody else running the offense, whatever. It's got to happen because there are going to be a lot of blackouts in the future if this is the type of product put out from here.

#6 : September 08, 2008, 12:39:26 AM

I doubt we will have blackouts this year but if they start really bad maybe its a possibility.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 08, 2008, 12:54:14 AM

I wouldn't think so. The tickets for sale should go quick now that a record breaking RB for the Falcons will be coming to RayJay next week. 220 yards set the team record for Atl. Mike Turner lit up the Lions....So lots will want to to see that.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 08, 2008, 12:38:33 AM

I just went online and checked ticketmaster.   I did a search on 8 tickets together for the Falcons game.   It's no problem at all to find 8 tickets together!    That's crazy.    I think the game is likely to be blacked out.   A win over the Saints and it would have sold out, but I don't see it happening now.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : September 08, 2008, 04:51:05 PM

1. I don't have season tickets and physically can't due to location.

2. I said I don't blame people for NOT buying season tickets anymore because the offense still stinks and has for years. You're right - if you aren't satisfied don't go. I just don't blame people for not wanting to go.

JOTT, it's still the same old story in a different season. We're not any better than last year and we need to be.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 08, 2008, 04:56:06 PM

I highly doubt that opening day will not be a sell out.  Still, it is clear that the bloom is off the rose for this team.  Boring offense without an elite big name defense = a tough sell all the way around. 

The PR guys must see it too, since they are again offering a half off deal. 

Like them or not, Allen and Gruden are bad for business. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Saints loss cause an opening day home TV blackout? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools