Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick blames coaches « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« : December 25, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »

Big surprise. Nobody would expect him to show some class and accept some himself. The guy is a lousy QB and a team cancer. He can run but that's it. No brains and no character. He got Dan Reeves fired and he's working on Mora.

Hey Rich, extend his contract and give him a huge signing bonus. Jerry Glanville is available.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 25, 2006, 12:47:07 PM »

I have to agree with Vick unfortunately.  The Falcons coaching sucks for the most part.   

gone

Hall of Famer
« #2 : December 25, 2006, 12:56:13 PM »

Link?

Or are you just stating what he's been doing for the last 2 years, i.e. blaming others?

« #3 : December 25, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »

Big surprise. Nobody would expect him to show some class and accept some himself. The guy is a lousy QB and a team cancer. He can run but that's it. No brains and no character. He got Dan Reeves fired and he's working on Mora.

Hey Rich, extend his contract and give him a huge signing bonus. Jerry Glanville is available.

I saw Glanville last nite.... he's the DC with Hawaii.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 25, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »

Michael Vick does not equal class - just look at his brother and his twin Ron Mexico.  Mike is a punk and I hope he never wins anything EVER.  Atlanta and Michael are a match made in hell - LOL.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 25, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »

AP sportswriter Charles Odum wrote the article. It can be found on the Yahoo sports site.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 25, 2006, 01:15:03 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=Avwknbj3F8H6uIRDGf0LVrtDubYF?gid=20061224001&prov=ap

Vick seemed to question decisions by coach Jim Mora and his staff.

"We've got first-round guys, we've got guys that have been in the Pro Bowl offensively and defensively, guys who've been in the scheme for two to three years," Vick said. "You know, the talent level is there, and I just think it's a question that needs to be answered. I don't know what it is, but we're too good to be losing these games, and we should be ranked among the elite in this league this year and we're not."

Added Vick: "You just can't come out there and just try to wing it. I'm not saying that we did that, but either we've got to come out and throw the football or come out and try to establish the run."

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 25, 2006, 01:20:27 PM »

Added Vick: "You just can't come out there and just try to wing it. I'm not saying that we did that, but either we've got to come out and throw the football or come out and try to establish the run."

He is right.  You need a gameplan or two that makes sense.  Knapp and Donatell are not exactly good coaches.  And Mora as the head coach has a lot of questions marks about him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 25, 2006, 01:27:05 PM »

Obviously he's wrong about one thing. They are not "too good" or they wouldn't be losing.

If Blank was smart he would trade Vick for whatever he could get. I just hope the Bucs are not dumb enough to even consider this pariah.

« #9 : December 25, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

Before Mike blames coaches, he should look in the mirror.  All he can do is run, which isn't enough.  I have seen him repeatedly hang his WR's out to dry. 

After Rich McKay's contract brilliance, Blank can't affordably trade Vick.  That would be the epitome of dead money.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #10 : December 25, 2006, 03:01:35 PM »

"but either we've got to come out and throw the football or come out and try to establish the run"

Well, at least no one can question Vick's football acumen.  He pretty much has all the offensive options locked up.  Sadly, the ill fated "punt offense" never made it past the ammonia induced 3am ramblings of Jim Mora's couch.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick blames coaches « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools