Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft, ya thats right already « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 06, 2008, 04:02:57 PM

Scott Wright, of Draftcountdown.com has his first mock of the year up while it is extermely early he has the Bucs picking number 17 in the first round and selecting.

WR Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech with the pick

MOCK DRAFT

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 06, 2008, 04:06:14 PM

Eh, decent enough but do we need another big, slow WR?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 06, 2008, 04:08:50 PM

While he is big he runs decent routes and catches everything, should Jackson develop into a deep threat the team will be needing to find a chain mover.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 06, 2008, 04:12:41 PM

I'm still holding out hope that we'll trade for that chain mover (Boldin) or Stovall will step up to the plate.

#4 : September 06, 2008, 04:20:02 PM

No thanks on Crabtree. Ill take Jeremy Maclin or for a D player i like Tyson Jackson. I think he could play UT for us.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 06, 2008, 04:35:44 PM

Brandon Pettigrew might be a good choice there at 17, too. He takes Alex Smith's spot day one.

Crabtree is NOTHING like Clayton or Stovall. Crabtree runs like a running back when he catches the ball in the open field. While he might not time like he does on the playing field in the 40, I think he's a good pick and vaule at 17. Maclin has been dropping the easy passes as of late, see the Illinois game. Crabtree should be a 6'1 low 4.4 guy, great hands, and great after the catch. Think he would be a great pick.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 06, 2008, 04:36:51 PM

if we draft another WR high...we need to fire whoever makes the selections for us

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 06, 2008, 05:14:13 PM

I just want get thru this year and see who does well or not.

Don't even want to think about the draft right now.

If we are not drafting in the upper 20's or higher I will be pissed. 17th does not sit well with me at all.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#8 : September 06, 2008, 05:16:31 PM

I just want get thru this year and see who does well or not.

Don't even want to think about the draft right now.

If we are not drafting in the upper 20's or higher I will be pissed. 17th does not sit well with me at all.
If we dont make the playoffs, Gruden needs to be let go. Im sick of him riding off Kiffin. Thats basically what he has done his entire time here. His job was to make our offense elite and he hasnt even made them average.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 06, 2008, 05:31:10 PM

Crabtree's stock is going to come down to the 40 at the Combine. If he runs 4.45 or under, he'll be a good pick at 17. If he's slower than that he could enter Malcolm Kelly freefall territory.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 06, 2008, 05:44:03 PM

Crabtree's stock is going to come down to the 40 at the Combine. If he runs 4.45 or under, he'll be a good pick at 17. If he's slower than that he could enter Malcolm Kelly freefall territory.

Yeah, I was thinking Dwayne Jarrett all over again.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 06, 2008, 05:51:27 PM

Him, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 06, 2008, 07:42:47 PM

Yeah, I was thinking Dwayne Jarrett all over again.
LOL

You clearly never seen Crabtree play then.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 06, 2008, 08:30:37 PM

lol. I wouldn't be mad picking Crabtree at 17. I think its a steal! I know people here are concerned about the forty time. I'll admit I'd be surprised if Crab could run a 4.3 but there is more to a receiver than a forty time. Crab can give us playmaking ability after the catch something this offense desperately needs. However if we were to pick a WR with our first pick Crabtree would not be my first choice.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 06, 2008, 09:12:23 PM

I think that Crabtree is faster than most people think I say he runs about a 4.47 or under I would like to have him if he does. If he doesn't run as fast I wouldn't mind Maclin or Harvin either.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft, ya thats right already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools