Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft, ya thats right already « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#15 : September 06, 2008, 09:58:45 PM

Brandon Pettigrew might be a good choice there at 17, too. He takes Alex Smith's spot day one.

Crabtree is NOTHING like Clayton or Stovall. Crabtree runs like a running back when he catches the ball in the open field. While he might not time like he does on the playing field in the 40, I think he's a good pick and vaule at 17. Maclin has been dropping the easy passes as of late, see the Illinois game. Crabtree should be a 6'1 low 4.4 guy, great hands, and great after the catch. Think he would be a great pick.

Crabtree won't run in the low-4.4s. Maclin overall is very sure-handed, although not as much as Crabtree. But he's much faster and doesn't play in that ridiculous TT system.

I'd like the pick, but I think Maclin is going to be better and could easily replace Galloway. Crabtree's good, but he's got some risk to him with not having the best speed and could see him having trouble getting separation at the next level. Which I don't think is a concern for Maclin.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 07, 2008, 12:41:11 AM

Michael Crabtree tonight ;D

7 catches
158yards  
22.6 average  
1 Touchdown  

#17 : September 07, 2008, 12:38:46 AM

Taylor Mays is gonna be a player.
and he is a saftey that we dont need. So pass.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 06, 2008, 11:47:23 PM

If Tebow was on the board and we passed on him I'd be ticked off!

deftbuc

Rookie
#19 : September 07, 2008, 12:20:40 AM

I think that Crabtree is faster than most people think I say he runs about a 4.47 or under I would like to have him if he does. If he doesn't run as fast I wouldn't mind Maclin or Harvin either.

The Harvin pick scares me to be honest. He is coming off a big surgery and he is a UF receiver. Has there been one UF receiver besides Ike Hillard to have a decent career? I would much rather have the pick spent on:

1) DT - If Haye doesn't continue to develop. Carter isn't getting younger. Peterson was alright in the preseason to me. Wilkerson could take the place of Carter next season with his balance inside/outside game. I would still prefer a UT to be picked. I don't think we need anymore replacements at nose tackle because we have Hovan and Sims. Hovan is holds the point of attack more and clogs it up in there. Sims is more of a blow the play up in the backfield type of nose tackle.

2) LT - This is if Penn doesn't continue to get better. During the preseason Penn looked stronger then he did last year. I hope he pans out because spending another high draft pick on the O-Line would seem like a waste.

3) WR - G-Way isn't getting younger. I hope to god that Clayton gets his mind right and plays to his potential. I was watching Major League the other day and maybe we should take a page from their book. Live chicken sacrifice anyone? No? How about someone Feng Shui his house? Bless the man with holy water? Maybe someone stole his mojo and he needs to foil the evil plans of Fat Bastard, Gold Member, and Doctor Evil to get it back?!?! Hopefully, one of the many big and physical WR on our roster figure out how to caught the dang ball.

4) DE - If, White doesn't have a good year again. We might have a dark horse in Wilkerson and he could replace Carter as our inside/outside man. I personally like Carter as a mentor for Adams. But, does Adams really need a mentor his third year starting?

This is all hypothetical of course since the season hasn't even started, yet.

*Edited because of errors

kmitchell

Starter

#20 : September 07, 2008, 12:23:11 AM

I'm willing to bet none of those 32 picks will happen for the respective teams.

dpc1192

Starter

#21 : September 07, 2008, 12:26:26 AM

Taylor Mays is gonna be a player.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 07, 2008, 12:37:21 AM

No love for Bey Bey?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 07, 2008, 01:59:56 AM

I think it would be awesome if we could get Crabtree, but i hope we draft a little lower than 17.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 07, 2008, 02:03:11 AM

If Tebow was on the board and we passed on him I'd be ticked off!

Why? We allready got a good fullback in Askew.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 07, 2008, 07:22:37 AM

We need speed at WR.    Crabtree over Tebow?   I hope not.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft, ya thats right already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools