Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football outsiders fantasy notes « previous next »
Page: 1

: September 06, 2008, 04:39:11 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=outsiderswk1

"Joey Galloway has the best matchup of the week according to Football Outsider's DVOA. This chart only reports players with a DVOA of more than +/-5 percent."

AND

Joey Galloway (WR, Buccaneers, plus 23 percent): Galloway owns the New Orleans Saints. Owns. In five games as a Buccaneer, Galloway has three 110-plus-yard games and six touchdowns against the team from the Bayou State. Toss in the fact that the Saints were the worst team in football against No. 1 wideouts last year, and you've got a recipe for a huge game.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 06, 2008, 04:41:47 PM

While he might have the best matchup, he hasnt played in for every and is on a spare tire none the less

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#2 : September 06, 2008, 11:15:49 PM

I like Galloway against the Saints, but they've improved on D and we've seen very little of Galloway as of late (even for his pre-season standards). Hardly the match-up of the week, but then again, I've never bought into FO's garbage.

#3 : September 06, 2008, 11:41:40 PM

i prefer Calvin Johnson this week

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 06, 2008, 11:43:14 PM

I have TO, Galloway and Andre Johnson playing for fantasy, got Romo for a QB as well

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 06, 2008, 11:47:05 PM

I know that if I were Sean Payton (sp), I would be gameplanning like crazy on Joey.  I think they may have before as well, but this time around, with the addition of some new cogs that can actually play defense, they might slow Joey down quite a bit.  It is that, or he will still be slowed from his groin, or Garcia will still be lukewarm, or a combination of all three.  But I do expect to see Antonio give them fits!!

I would almost book that.  I think they will be so intent on Joey, that AB is going to be a big factor...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 07, 2008, 11:33:31 AM

With Clayton inactive, I'd expect to see at least one speed formation with Galloway, Bryant and Jackson.  The Saints weakness is speed receivers.  A bunch set with these guys should keep the NO secondary on their heels.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football outsiders fantasy notes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools