Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOOKS LIKE UCLA IS ALSO TO STRONG FOR SEC!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

LFO

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2008, 07:50:35 PM

no need to comment.

UGA better represent the SEC vs ASU... or it will never end

I don't really see how UCLA beating UT is some big indication of anyone being better.

Really, UCLA and UT are about in the same boat.  You figure home team is worth 3 points, well UCLA won by 3. 

Now if ASU beat Georgia, might have something. 

But this isn't like Bama beating Clemson or East Carolina beating VT.  This wasn't really an "upset" IMO. 

Neither UCLA nor UT were considered top teams in their conference this year. 

UCLA is bad... they wont finish in the top 5 of the pac-10. I still maintain they will be around 7 or 8th.

Just because they beat a "sec" team doesnt make them good. They didnt play good at all yesterday. UCLA will be lucky if they are bowl elgible.

Who said they were good?

And who said UT was good?

A pre-season poll?

So since USC lost to Stanford and UCLA last year does that make USC a poor team last year?  Does that mean the Pac 10 sucks?

Fact is, we won't know anything about UCLA, UT, or anyone really until the season plays out.

Will be funny if UCLA beats Oregon.  LOL.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 02, 2008, 08:01:36 PM

no need to comment.

UGA better represent the SEC vs ASU... or it will never end

I don't really see how UCLA beating UT is some big indication of anyone being better.

Really, UCLA and UT are about in the same boat.  You figure home team is worth 3 points, well UCLA won by 3. 

Now if ASU beat Georgia, might have something. 

But this isn't like Bama beating Clemson or East Carolina beating VT.  This wasn't really an "upset" IMO. 

Neither UCLA nor UT were considered top teams in their conference this year. 

UCLA is bad... they wont finish in the top 5 of the pac-10. I still maintain they will be around 7 or 8th.

Just because they beat a "sec" team doesnt make them good. They didnt play good at all yesterday. UCLA will be lucky if they are bowl elgible.

Who said they were good?

And who said UT was good?

A pre-season poll?

So since USC lost to Stanford and UCLA last year does that make USC a poor team last year?  Does that mean the Pac 10 sucks?

Fact is, we won't know anything about UCLA, UT, or anyone really until the season plays out.

Will be funny if UCLA beats Oregon.  LOL.

they wont be Oregon... its a guarantee

Who cares what happened last year or 2 years ago? Fact is USC took care of business in there BCS bowl after that

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 02, 2008, 10:03:35 PM

Every game is different.

so I guess Utah State has a chance to beat Oregon

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2008, 09:21:03 AM

UCLA really is a BAD team.

Tennessee should feel embarrassed.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2008, 01:20:27 PM

No, UCLA is a young team. They've assembled three upper echelon coaches in Neuheisel, Norm Chow and DC DeWayne Walker, so it's just a matter of time.

I'm sure it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but after losing three key starters early, Monday's game showed the kind of resolve that UCLA hasn't had for years. Even out-manned and injured, when it looked like the superior team was gonna take over, they didn't quit. They kept fighting to the very end..

bucngators15

Starter
#20 : September 04, 2008, 01:38:49 PM

AWESOME GAME SCREW TENNESSEE

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2008, 07:29:27 PM

bad is washington State there a step above

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 05, 2008, 09:52:00 AM

Tennessee is the more talented but once again, as usual, Fulmer was completely out-coached in a spotlight game. You don't expect to lose many games in which you outgain your opponent 366 yards to 288, out-rush your opponent 177 yards to 29, and only turn the ball over 2 times to your opponent's 4. But that's Fat Phil for you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 05, 2008, 10:10:46 AM

But that's Fat Phil for you.
Indeed

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOOKS LIKE UCLA IS ALSO TO STRONG FOR SEC!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools