Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New AP polls up « previous next »
Page: 1 2

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2008, 03:13:53 PM

As a USF fan, we learned real quick just how legit the PAC 10 was last year.  Oregon and their 115th string QB ran all over us in the 2nd half.  That same USF team who beat a great WVU offense and went into Jordan Haire and beat Auburn last year.

I think the SEC is the best conference top to bottom.  But, the top teams in the PAC 10 are just as good as the top teams in the SEC. If not better.  USC is a machine.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 03, 2008, 07:22:11 PM

As a USF fan, we learned real quick just how legit the PAC 10 was last year.  Oregon and their 115th string QB ran all over us in the 2nd half.  That same USF team who beat a great WVU offense and went into Jordan Haire and beat Auburn last year.

I think the SEC is the best conference top to bottom.  But, the top teams in the PAC 10 are just as good as the top teams in the SEC. If not better.  USC is a machine.

well good compliment about Oregon

And I agree, with everything you have said to a point. Do I think today if Oregon played Florida they would beat them probably not. But I think last year USC/Oregon/ASU could have competed with the top of the SEC

But the gap is closing year after year. And with the last few years ASU, UCLA, Cal, Washington, Oregon, USC all have had great recruiting classes.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 06, 2008, 06:14:12 AM

I'd like to see a USC / UF BCS TITLE game.

THAT would be nice.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 07, 2008, 06:11:19 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3574200

New poll.

USC 1, Foloowed by UGA, OK, UF, OSU.  ECU goes to 14. 

5 SEC in top 11.

My bold prediction:  UM will win ACC and be the top team in ACC.  They have a championship defense.  If taht offense grows...watch out.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 07, 2008, 06:16:01 PM

OSU drops another 2 spots. After they get blown out next week they'll drop again. Only bad thing about OSU losing next week is that it will all but guarantee a BCS title shot for USC.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 11, 2008, 01:45:37 PM

Hey.  I don't see Bucknell on there.  What the...?

lol
my alma mater.  sigh....

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 11, 2008, 02:45:15 PM

Florida will not be in the title game. USC  probably will. Florida will lose atleast 2 games mark it down.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 11, 2008, 05:26:05 PM

Florida will not be in the title game. USC  probably will. Florida will lose atleast 2 games mark it down.

Certainly possible.  I wouldn't bet a lot of money on them losing twice, but anything can happen.

Heck, the MNC last year had 2 losses.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New AP polls up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools