Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : December 26, 2006, 05:00:45 PM

Marcus Thomas in R4 can help our DT situation.

#16 : December 26, 2006, 05:00:57 PM

For a DT, I would like to take Marcus Thomas with our round 2 pick from Indy. Thomas has problems, but he is a top 10 talent. He is a force in the middle in every sense of the word and he will drop due to his off-filed problems.

I'm a huge fan of trading down a few picks for an extra #2, and selecting Glenn Dorsey. We could get an excellent DE in the second round. Then go some combination of S/CB/WR/Brian Leonard/OT with our other two #2's.

That will depend on FA, obviously...

I have a feeling that Dorsey's stock will rise to mid-1st

That's what I mean...I would take our #3-7 (where ever we land) in the first round, trade it to someone who wants a Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams, and go to around spot 10-14 and get Dorsey.  I really think that Dorsey has potential to be that rare interior lineman who can consistently put pressure on the QB.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 26, 2006, 05:06:59 PM

Yeah if Dorsey declares he will be another R1 DT. I think if people declare, such as Dorsey and Branch this could be a very good DT class when some thought it would not be so good. Marcus Thomas IMHO is the best talent (put aside chiefing the Marijane) and he is looking like late R2 or mid R3.

If you look at it (in no particular order) there are some really good prospects and IMHO makes for a very good DT class early on in the 1st 2 rounds (if underclassman declare)....

Alan Branch
Nate Dorsey
Amobi Okoye
Marcus Thomas
Tank Tyler
Quinn Pit**CENSORED**

4 of these guys, Thomas, Dorsey, Okoye and Tyler IMHO would be tailor made to play the UT position for this defense.

Baghead #2

#18 : December 26, 2006, 05:08:10 PM

Marcus Thomas is like a mini-Sapp.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 26, 2006, 05:12:01 PM

I agree with you MBF. If he is there and if he doesn't come across as a complete jacka$$ in interviews he would be my safety valve late in round 2.  We need a dominant DT and Thomas has displayed that he can really rev it up inside.

Baghead #2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 26, 2006, 06:17:24 PM

Marcus Thomas is like a mini-Sapp.

about 40 pounds "mini"er than Sapp.

#21 : December 27, 2006, 10:48:34 PM

Thomas is a great team player. By all accounts the Gator team liked him and he was a leader on the field. His problem was that he did drugs. My biggest concern is that he is addicted and won't stop. He was suspended twice at UF during his sr season and then he tested positive for I believe ecstacy. How dumb can you be?

However Thomas could be worth a late 2nd round selection. His work ethic and motor on the field was never in question and neither was his ability to be a teamate. Plus he has top 10 type of talent. He may be the best DT on the field in this entire draft.

#22 : December 28, 2006, 09:07:40 AM

Thomas is a great team player. By all accounts the Gator team liked him and he was a leader on the field. His problem was that he did drugs. My biggest concern is that he is addicted and won't stop. He was suspended twice at UF during his sr season and then he tested positive for I believe ecstacy. How dumb can you be?

However Thomas could be worth a late 2nd round selection. His work ethic and motor on the field was never in question and neither was his ability to be a teamate. Plus he has top 10 type of talent. He may be the best DT on the field in this entire draft.

I like Glenn Dorsey...he has it all, IMO.  Prototypical Tampa 2 DT (read "Warren Sapp").  Of course, Booger was as well, I just don't think Booger ever had the skills of Dorsey.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#23 : December 28, 2006, 05:29:38 PM

Absence MUST make the heart grow fonder, because EVERY SINGLE time without fail that Thomas is brought up someone remembers him as better and better. Before it was surefire 1st rounder. Then it was top 15 talent. Then best DT eligible. Now, top 10 type of talent. What's next? Top 5? Best overall?

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 28, 2006, 10:53:11 PM

Amobi Okoye get's my vote...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools