Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More of a coaches decision to sit Clayton then an injury? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 09, 2008, 12:02:51 AM

Clayton is a turd (as far as receiving skills are concerned).

Nice fur coats though (for a man in FLA). [banghead]

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 09, 2008, 12:04:30 AM

I think we'll see Clayton soon enough, and hopefully Bennett also. Maybe they can give us a spark.

I would like to see Bennett out there........but Clayton needs a fresh start somewhere else I think.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 09, 2008, 08:45:26 AM

It was reported about a month ago, the Bucs fielded many offers for Clayton, but replied by saying they wanted to wait until after final cuts.

wasnt it also reported that the Bucs were fielding offers for Simms?  and that the Bucs were in talks with GreenBay for favre?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 09, 2008, 09:55:10 AM

Not that this is saying much but I like Clayton as a receiver more than Stovall who is now banged up making it less likely Clayton goes anywhere.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 09, 2008, 10:01:05 AM

i like clayton AND stovall as receivers...i just dont think we use them properly.  i do think garcia tried to force some balls in the second half yesterday...but he forced them to galloway/bryant when they were blanketed.  if we are going to force balls, why not force them to our bigger stronger receivers?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 09, 2008, 10:03:26 AM

i like clayton AND stovall as receivers...i just dont think we use them properly. i do think garcia tried to force some balls in the second half yesterday...but he forced them to galloway/bryant when they were blanketed. if we are going to force balls, why not force them to our bigger stronger receivers?

Stovall was unable to play most of the game on Sunday.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 09, 2008, 10:05:43 AM

Antonio took his far share of footballs off the hands to make up for Clayton's absence. 

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 09, 2008, 10:48:10 AM

Clayton, had by far, the best TC of any receiver.  I was there for a few days, and he was clearly the dominant receiver.  As with Benett, we're seeing that in Gruden's world, it doesn't matter how well you perform on the field, but more that you are one of "his" guys.  This hugely disturbing to me, he clearly doesn't count TC as much as he says.  These decisions cannot sit well with the players who actually performed in TC.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 09, 2008, 10:51:30 AM

We should trade Clayton to Seattle.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 09, 2008, 10:53:26 AM

Clayton, had by far, the best TC of any receiver. I was there for a few days, and he was clearly the dominant receiver. As with Benett, we're seeing that in Gruden's world, it doesn't matter how well you perform on the field, but more that you are one of "his" guys. This hugely disturbing to me, he clearly doesn't count TC as much as he says. These decisions cannot sit well with the players who actually performed in TC.

Well, it looks like he may see the field now b/c of Stovall's injury...

Who do you sit for Clayton? Ike is the most obvious choice, but he was great Sunday...That might change if Garcia goes to the bench, but he is Garcia's safety valve...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 09, 2008, 10:55:40 AM

Ike isn't being benched after his performance week 1 and if he is I would be so angry.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 09, 2008, 11:07:36 AM

ike had 6 catches for 45 yards.  not exactly lighting it up.  but i guess thats not what he's out there for.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 09, 2008, 11:11:03 AM

ike had 6 catches for 45 yards. not exactly lighting it up. but i guess thats not what he's out there for.

Big catches, though...seemed like every one resulted in a first down or touchdown...

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 09, 2008, 11:21:19 AM

Hilliard had 6 for 45 yards

Galloway 6 for 56 yards

Bryant 3 for 43

Hillard didn't exactly blow the doors off the barn, take away his TD and he more or less did the same as the other two, maybe fewer drops but some of those drops by Galloway at least can be partially contributed to Garcia.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

BucNGator

Starter

#29 : September 09, 2008, 11:27:42 AM

........or Joey's laziness
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More of a coaches decision to sit Clayton then an injury? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools