Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More of a coaches decision to sit Clayton then an injury? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #30 : September 09, 2008, 11:35:25 AM »

ike had 6 catches for 45 yards. not exactly lighting it up. but i guess thats not what he's out there for.

Big catches, though...seemed like every one resulted in a first down or touchdown...

Exactly! Ike may not be highlight material but he is Mr. First Down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #31 : September 09, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »

Clayton, had by far, the best TC of any receiver.  I was there for a few days, and he was clearly the dominant receiver.  As with Benett, we're seeing that in Gruden's world, it doesn't matter how well you perform on the field, but more that you are one of "his" guys.  This hugely disturbing to me, he clearly doesn't count TC as much as he says.  These decisions cannot sit well with the players who actually performed in TC.

How did he look in pre-season games? Drop any big passes?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #32 : September 09, 2008, 12:18:29 PM »

He dropped 1 pass, albeit a big one.  My point is, neither Bryant or Hilliard practiced much at all in TC and Galloway not at all.  Your 3 starting recievers and QB not 1 day of TC together.  When Gruden says positions are open to competition during TC, he is being less than honest.  Not to play Clayton, a curious decision, not to play Bennet, a real shot at the players who performed in TC.  One thing for sure, TC and pre-season, under Gruden, is not where jobs are won and lost.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #33 : September 09, 2008, 12:20:52 PM »

He dropped 1 pass, albeit a big one.

Show me what a guy does in live fire against another team's defense, not what he does at practice.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #34 : September 09, 2008, 01:07:28 PM »

They don't even get a chance in game under Gruden.  Gruden's the worst player-development coach I've ever seen.  I've been a long-time supporter of Gruden, but this "my guy" type way of determining who plays is wearing thin.  Do you honestly think Dunn was better than Bennet during TC or pre-season?  Bennet has a full year in the system and has an outstanding pre-season, yet doesn't even dress at the expense of Dunn, who showed absolutely nothing in pre-season.  This, IMO, is not fair to the team or the players.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : September 09, 2008, 01:09:39 PM »

True, coaches shouldn't be allowed to have a preference over who starts and why. They should just assess each player's production from prior to week one, and plug in the guy who had the best pre-season stats.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #36 : September 09, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »

well, it seems like there are 2 trains of thought.  One, to play the guys with the most potential.  Or two, play the guys most trusted.  and we saw how plan 2 falls apart when mistakes are made and we need big plays.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

« #37 : September 09, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »

well, it seems like there are 2 trains of thought.  One, to play the guys with the most potential.  Or two, play the guys most trusted.  and we saw how plan 2 falls apart when mistakes are made and we need big plays.

It's a little scary when none of the guys in category one fit category two, and no one in category two fits category one lol.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #38 : September 09, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »

Hilliard provided first downs and a TD.

What more can you ask of him?

Buc31

Starter

« #39 : September 09, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

Please he is 100 x's better than the smurf known as the carpet muncher in Dexter Jackson.

Does he return kicks? Does he run a 4.3 40 yrd. ? Be sure and get back to us on that one...

Check and/or mate!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #40 : September 09, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »

Hilliard provided first downs and a TD.

What more can you ask of him?

i think its what differently can we ask him to do.  averaging 7 yards a catch is troublesome imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucmebaby

Starter

« #41 : September 09, 2008, 03:28:44 PM »

When Bryant is running a crossing pattern and Saints Corner Porter is on his inside hip is it too late to throw somewhere else? Looked to me like Garcia should have looked elsewhere after Porter showed he owned Bryant on the first crossing pattern. [banghead]

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it." Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More of a coaches decision to sit Clayton then an injury? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools