Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FYI: Brian Leonard (rutgers) will be playing in the Texas Bowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 29, 2006, 10:07:03 AM

Granted, Ray Rice, but I still didn't really see anything that would convince me that Leonard wasn't more Alstott v2.0 when we need (imo) something more along the lines of Cook v2.0 (in the appropriate round).  

And no, I don't think I'm getting too hung up on value and what is needed in each round.  I see utterly no reason to assume the team can't find a potential starter or at least very solid depth in rd 3 at a position more important than fullback.  

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 29, 2006, 10:08:32 AM

No question, you need to hit on a 3rd round pick, especially picking where we will be selecting. Leonard had a really bigtime drop off in production this year due to the emergence of Ray Rice, but still.

Baghead #2

#32 : December 29, 2006, 10:29:17 AM

Leonard will be a starter in the NFL for many years, so if he is there at the start of the 3rd round it is a no brainer IMO.  We could always draft a 3rd tier LB or DE that will be cut in twelve months time, or how about another Colmer.   ::)

You might need to check out the defense again. We had practice squad players starting. Getting a 3rd round DL or LB would be as high as we've drafted those positions in years. It's more important than a FB.

However like I said before I was one of the handful of people hammering for Devin Hester last year. People said he would be a bad pick because he isnt anything but a KR/PR
This year he went off. Now the same people are mad at Gruden for NOT taking Hester.

Next year when Brian Leonard goes off I dont want to hear the whining about not getting the players with "star potential"

Shag

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 29, 2006, 10:33:20 AM

However like I said before I was one of the handful of people hammering for Devin Hester last year. People said he would be a bad pick because he isnt anything but a KR/PR
This year he went off. Now the same people are mad at Gruden for NOT taking Hester.

Next year when Brian Leonard goes off I dont want to hear the whining about not getting the players with "star potential"

No problem with me. I still don't think we should have drafted Hester.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 29, 2006, 10:37:00 AM

Ditto.  Especially given where he went.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 29, 2006, 11:25:41 AM

Hester has 3 times as many touchdowns as Clayton and Caddy put together this year. 

#36 : December 29, 2006, 11:36:41 AM

Hester has 3 times as many touchdowns as Clayton and Caddy put together this year. 

Slamdunk  :o

Shag

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 29, 2006, 11:41:49 AM

That's just a knock on Clayton and Caddy. Nothing more.

#38 : December 29, 2006, 12:22:51 PM

That's just a knock on Clayton and Caddy. Nothing more.

Its a statement of fact.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 29, 2006, 12:26:13 PM

Its absolutely a true statement but think about his one, you have 2 first round picks (one in the top 5 and the other a top 20) and you have under six TD's combined, that is scary...

Baghead #2

Shag

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 29, 2006, 12:32:48 PM

Its a statement of fact.

Maurice Jones-Drew has 3 times as many TD's as Hester. What does that say?

#41 : December 29, 2006, 12:43:05 PM

Its a statement of fact.

Maurice Jones-Drew has 3 times as many TD's as Hester. What does that say?

MJD also is the current starting RB at Jacksonville. Hester is just a KR/PR. I bet TD/attepmt is way higher for Hester than MJD

Shag

Pro Bowler

#42 : December 29, 2006, 12:47:12 PM

MJD also is the current starting RB at Jacksonville. Hester is just a KR/PR. I bet TD/attepmt is way higher for Hester than MJD

Exactly, he is just a returner. I don't know why we are talking about this anyway. Were we supposed to draft Hester in the 1st round? He wasn't even there with our 2nd rounder. We drafted a guy in the 2nd who plays on every offensive snap, which we needed more than some special teams player. I don't want to hear about how he scored more TD's than Trueblood.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FYI: Brian Leonard (rutgers) will be playing in the Texas Bowl « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools