Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« : September 10, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »

I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far. At the end of the last season and before this season people were saying he just needed time and he showed it in the last 6 weeks. People were also saying this was gonna be a breakout season for him.

Well what do ya know. He sucked in the preseason and was an absolute non factor in the saints game. On a few plays he got ran so far past the qaurterback it was like we only had 10 guys on defense. He was literally 10-15 yards behind the quarterback on one play.

« #1 : September 10, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »

Well what do you know. It was one game. Is Peppers now a bust because he only had 2 sacks last year and was a nonfactor against the Chargers?

marlevr

Second String
« #2 : September 10, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »

Jared Allen is a bust too according to your logic.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 10, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »

Went up against Jamaal Brown and Drew Brees...not getting a sack there does not put him in the hall of shame...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 10, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »

Well what do you know. It was one game. Is Peppers now a bust because he only had 2 sacks last year and was a nonfactor against the Chargers?
Peppers has lost it because he cannot use Roids anymore.  Point blank truth.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #5 : September 10, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

First of all I said I don't think he's a bust yet, but he hasn't proven otherwise

and second of all. Peppers had 5 double digit sack pro bowl seasons before that. One bad season doesn't erase all of that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 10, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »

Gaines played decent in the first game, not sure what you're talking about.

He's a good player. How you can say someone "sucked" in the preseason is beyond me but whatever

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #7 : September 10, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

and LOL at the people saying I called him a bust

and again, jared allen had good seasons before that. so it is not "according to my logic"

« #8 : September 10, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »

Then what does, "'m not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far" that mean?
Is Mario Williams a bust because he had a bad rookie year?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #9 : September 10, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »

and again, jared allen had good seasons before that. so it is not "according to my logic"

Bro, you create a thread bashing Adams for the preseason and the first game. The insanity on these boards the last few days is crazy.

Brees was the least sacked QB last year, dude gets the ball out quick. Adams got good pressure and bulldozed Jamal a few times.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 10, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »

Bro, you create a thread bashing Adams for the preseason and the first game. The insanity on these boards the last few days is crazy.

Brees was the least sacked QB last year, dude gets the ball out quick. Adams got good pressure and bulldozed Jamal a few times.
...and was held more than once.  One of the no-calls was pathetic, and should be punishable by a game check (for the refs).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 10, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »

Then what does, "'m not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far" that mean?
Is Mario Williams a bust because he had a bad rookie year?
As I have posted on here a million times, Mario Williams played injured for the second half of 2006. He got his first sack in week 4 and had 4.5 sacks after 8 games. Then he played the rest of the season with turf toe and wasn't as effective with no more sacks. When he was healthy again in 2007, he played every game like he played weeks 4-8 in 2006.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

« #12 : September 10, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

When you look at the tape he actually had a pretty good game. He got a couple hits on Brees and was the only Defensive Lineman to be in the backfield with any consistency. (Even if he was 2 yards behind the QB a number of the times.)

The D-Lineman who I think really had a tough game was Javon Haye. I'd like to see more of Peterson this week.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #13 : September 10, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »

...and was held more than once. One of the no-calls was pathetic, and should be punishable by a game check (for the refs).

I saw multiple holds on Adams, multiple that weren't called. It's too bad, the kid had a good game

« #14 : September 10, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »

I saw the title of the thread.  I saw who posted it.  I bet myself $10 that I'd read the word "bust" in the first sentence.

I now owe myself $10

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools