Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 10, 2008, 01:37:11 PM

Gaines Adams is better/has more upside than Adrian Petersen.

Just ask BA.

enterprise

Rookie
#16 : September 10, 2008, 01:45:28 PM

While it's a bit early to call the kid a bust, what's painfully obvious, however, is that he hasn't developed another move besides the speed-rush.  In fact, it's probably not a stretch to say G. White is the more complete player.  Yeah, he's more "mature" but damn, the guys WASN'T the 4th pick in the draft.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#17 : September 10, 2008, 01:57:46 PM

I saw the title of the thread. I saw who posted it. I bet myself $10 that I'd read the word "bust" in the first sentence.

I now owe myself $10

Do you know how to read you **CENSORED**ing dumbass??? are you that **CENSORED**ing stupid??

I said "i'm not saying hes a bust"...does that mean I think he's a bust. Maybe inside your skull it does, but according to the english language and anyone not retarded it means I don't.

You don't owe yourself 10 dollars, You owe yourself a jump out of your office window

#18 : September 10, 2008, 02:01:31 PM

I saw the title of the thread. I saw who posted it. I bet myself $10 that I'd read the word "bust" in the first sentence.

I now owe myself $10

Do you know how to read you freaking dumbass??? are you that freaking stupid??

I said "i'm not saying hes a bust"...does that mean I think he's a bust. Maybe inside your skull it does, but according to the english language and anyone not retarded it means I don't.

You don't owe yourself 10 dollars, You owe yourself a jump out of your office window

I bet that I would see the word bust in the first sentence

The word bust was in the first sentence.

ergo, I owe myself $10

Logic.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#19 : September 10, 2008, 02:03:52 PM

I just laugh at the people who don't understand and can't interpret threads. I bet if adams has a good year someone will bump this thread as a "you were wrong" type thing. Which will be hilarous since im not saying he sucks and that he won't be a good player

All im saying is he needs to prove he can step it up because this was supposed to be his breakout year and the first game was a dissapointment.

He got no pressures or hits on brees. The only decent play he had was when jamal brown lost his balance and held him.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#20 : September 10, 2008, 02:05:32 PM

I now owe myself $10

Do you know how to read you freaking dumbass??? are you that freaking stupid??

I bet that I would see the word bust in the first sentence

The word bust was in the first sentence.

ergo, I owe myself $10

Logic.

Ok..so all you did was compliment me..You bet yourself 10 dollars that you would open my thread up and see logic in the first sentence.

Thanks alot

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 10, 2008, 02:52:37 PM

I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far.

Because most people are bashing you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and I came up with this.  Your grammar[/b] is EXTREMELY poor and does not get your point across the way you want it to... in fact, people are reading it correctly it's just not the way you intended.  By saying "I'm not saying he's a bust yet...", that's quite obvious what you mean... but when you included "... but he's done nothing to prove he isn't so far", in the same sentence, tells people that you are in fact [/b] calling him a bust because it means that you agree with the notion that he is a bust.  In summation, you aren't calling him a bust, but you are implying that he is.  Another example would be: "I don't think O.J. killed anyone, but I think there's a reason that no one else got arrested."

My suggestion... re-word your statement.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 10, 2008, 02:56:02 PM

The D-Lineman who I think really had a tough game was Javon Haye.

That's for sure. Haye was clearly not up to speed. Put Sims in there or Wilkerson.

All the guys who haven't played in a month were lousy. Go figure.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#23 : September 10, 2008, 02:58:04 PM

I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far.

Because most people are bashing you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and I came up with this.  Your grammar[/b] is EXTREMELY poor and does not get your point across the way you want it to... in fact, people are reading it correctly it's just not the way you intended.  By saying "I'm not saying he's a bust yet...", that's quite obvious what you mean... but when you included "... but he's done nothing to prove he isn't so far", in the same sentence, tells people that you are in fact [/b] calling him a bust because it means that you agree with the notion that he is a bust.  In summation, you aren't calling him a bust, but you are implying that he is.  Another example would be: "I don't think O.J. killed anyone, but I think there's a reason that no one else got arrested."

My suggestion... re-word your statement.

No, it means the jury is still out

You can't call him a bust so far because its too soon, but he hasn't done a thing yet to show that he won't be a bust

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 10, 2008, 03:02:17 PM

The bottom line is this kid may prove to be a decent pass rusher, but hes shown NOTHING that would make anyone with a brain think he was the right pick for the Bucs at #5.

When you look at the track record Bruce Allen has in the first round since coming to Tampa, its not really much of a surprise.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Madman

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 10, 2008, 03:04:05 PM

The bottom line is this kid may prove to be a decent pass rusher, but hes shown NOTHING that would make anyone with a brain think he was the right pick for the Bucs at #5.

Not to fan the flames, but Gaines was the #4 pick.  ;D

I still think he'll come on strong this year and post 10+ sacks.

Buc31

Starter

#26 : September 10, 2008, 03:05:08 PM

so after week 1 of his second yr have these topics already??? Give me a break

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 10, 2008, 03:07:03 PM

Not to fan the flames, but Gaines was the #4 pick. ;D

I still think he'll come on strong this year and post 10+ sacks.
You got me, I get it confused with Caddilaugh Williams who was our 5th pick

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 10, 2008, 03:08:56 PM

After a great day Sunday, this bust talk will be shot down.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 10, 2008, 03:10:03 PM

After a great day Sunday, this bust talk will be shot down.
Sam Baker has played well so far.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools