Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 10, 2008, 03:10:45 PM

After a great day Sunday, this bust talk will be shot down.
Sam Baker has played well so far.
Baker has played beyond well, and was available when we made our 21st selection

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 10, 2008, 03:11:57 PM

Gaines Adams is better/has more upside than Adrian Petersen.

I'll bet he has more sacks than Petersen over the course of his career.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 10, 2008, 03:13:16 PM

I admit I'm concerned with Gaines....I watched him closely when i rewatched the game and while he did have a few moments, for the majority of the game he was being manhandled. It appears he has no leverage on many of his rushes...most of the time he's stalemated, which doesn't bode well for a "dominant" pass rusher. The Saints, I believe, only ended up with 1 sack, but they had a boatload of pressures and made Garcia very uncomfortable. There were times in the game were Brees had six/seven seconds to throw...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 10, 2008, 03:14:32 PM

When you look at the track record Bruce Allen has in the first round since coming to Tampa, its not really much of a surprise.

Wow, how come Bruce Allen is the only person involved in evaluating talent and making draft picks? I would think that would be a mistake. People must be conditioned to the old Rich McKay's "I'm in total control of the draft" approach.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 10, 2008, 03:18:30 PM

Mind you, whose Detroit's fine pass rushing phenom? Oh wait.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#35 : September 10, 2008, 03:24:23 PM

i hope he turns it up this year. Our line needs somebody to be feared on it.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 10, 2008, 03:25:28 PM

I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but hes done nothing to prove he isn't so far.

Because most people are bashing you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and I came up with this. Your grammar[/b] is EXTREMELY poor and does not get your point across the way you want it to... in fact, people are reading it correctly it's just not the way you intended. By saying "I'm not saying he's a bust yet...", that's quite obvious what you mean... but when you included "... but he's done nothing to prove he isn't so far", in the same sentence, tells people that you are in fact [/b] calling him a bust because it means that you agree with the notion that he is a bust. In summation, you aren't calling him a bust, but you are implying that he is. Another example would be: "I don't think O.J. killed anyone, but I think there's a reason that no one else got arrested."

My suggestion... re-word your statement.

No, it means the jury is still out

You can't call him a bust so far because its too soon, but he hasn't done a thing yet to show that he won't be a bust

I'm not saying if he is or isn't a bust, I'm not giving an opinion...   I'm just telling you that the way you worded your statement isn't telling people what you want.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 10, 2008, 03:26:21 PM

When you look at the track record Bruce Allen has in the first round since coming to Tampa, its not really much of a surprise.

Wow, how come Bruce Allen is the only person involved in evaluating talent and making draft picks? I would think that would be a mistake. People must be conditioned to the old Rich McKay's "I'm in total control of the draft" approach.
Ive noticed you have this habit of responding to posts, and nitpicking the smallest little thing you can, not contributing anything thoughtful to the thread, all while doing nothing to disprove the original posters post that you are disagreeing with.  It really gets old quick, and makes you look like... well I'll let you decide that.

Obviously anyone with any clue realizes BA is not the only one who has a hand in talent eval/drafting.  But this is HIS regime.  He is ultimately responsible.  Similar to how the coach is ultimately responsible for the teams play.  Maybe an OC/DC/AST HC makes a bad call/move/gameday decision, its still gonna fall on the head coach.  Maybe BAs scouts were giving him bad info on possible draft picks, but BA is the one who employs them.  It falls back on him.  Its called accountability.  With power comes responsibility, and accountability.  Is that simple enough for you?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 10, 2008, 03:45:58 PM

Ive noticed you have this habit of responding to posts, and nitpicking the smallest little thing you can, not contributing anything thoughtful to the thread, all while doing nothing to disprove the original posters post that you are disagreeing with.  It really gets old quick, and makes you look like... well I'll let you decide that.

Cool, thanks!

dpc1192

Starter

#39 : September 10, 2008, 08:23:48 PM

Looks like the worst starting DE in the league to me.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 10, 2008, 08:46:48 PM

1.)  Pass rushers, Pass Protectors, and QB's are the most valuable players in the NFL.  If you can get a legitimate pass rusher, you get one.

2.)  Peterson was, and is, a better talent than Adams.  No one can question that. 

3.) However, RB's have a horrible shelf life, while pass rushers traditionally last longer.

4.)  While Peterson was clearly the better player, based on lifespan and position, I can't fault the pick of Adams there, although I don't buy for one second the notion that the Bucs were "glad" to lose the coin flip. 

5.)  All that being said, no one can be happy with Adams so far.  He is not a bust, but he isn't a good player - yet. 

dpc1192

Starter

#41 : September 10, 2008, 09:08:18 PM

I really don't see him turning into a player..

He's to finesse for the NFL.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 10, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

I guess Freeney is too finesse too?

#43 : September 10, 2008, 10:03:46 PM

It's amazing that Gaines Adams will be involved in more than 1300 plays this season and only the 5-10 or so that he records sacks in will matter to some people. That's the life of a DE in the NFL

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 10, 2008, 10:08:53 PM

1.) Pass rushers, Pass Protectors, and QB's are the most valuable players in the NFL. If you can get a legitimate pass rusher, you get one.

2.) Peterson was, and is, a better talent than Adams. No one can question that.

3.) However, RB's have a horrible shelf life, while pass rushers traditionally last longer.

4.) While Peterson was clearly the better player, based on lifespan and position, I can't fault the pick of Adams there, although I don't buy for one second the notion that the Bucs were "glad" to lose the coin flip.

5.) All that being said, no one can be happy with Adams so far. He is not a bust, but he isn't a good player - yet.

actually, I'm happy with Adams thus far.  he is much better against the run than he was puported to be and he came on strong at the end of the year with extended pt.  so he didnt have a good game against Jamaal Brown and Drew Brees.  Its well documented how good the Saints are at avoiding sacks.  I still say Adams gets 10 sacks this year. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools