Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is sports radio a joke? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 27, 2006, 11:01:33 PM

The Caddy pick was the perfect pick.   The Clayton pick can definitely be debated since there were so many great athletes still on the board rated higher than him.

#31 : December 27, 2006, 11:03:41 PM

The Caddy pick was the perfect pick. The Clayton pick can definitely be debated since there were so many great athletes still on the board rated higher than him.
Caddy is still an excellent pick, the people who are calling him busts need their heads examined or a taste of a real bust.

#32 : December 28, 2006, 12:15:01 AM

The Caddy pick was the perfect pick. The Clayton pick can definitely be debated since there were so many great athletes still on the board rated higher than him.
Caddy is still an excellent pick, the people who are calling him busts need their heads examined or a taste of a real bust.

Have you not watched him attempt to catch the ball? Is this not something Gruden has always had in his arsenal?

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 28, 2006, 02:11:56 AM

I can catch better then Cadillac and i'm 65 years old,they should throw him the ball 200 times a day in the off season,think its in his head,hes to exciteable needs to concentrate more.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 28, 2006, 06:54:04 AM

The subject neglected by so many is this......"WHo took Caddy under his wing when he got here?, gave him a place to live??  AHHHH...that would be Clayton, maybe a little too much Smoking going on...but then again it never hurt Mike Irvin

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 28, 2006, 07:38:47 AM

Sports radio is a joke when you have a has been ex jock like Beckles who obviously has a hate thing for Gruden and talks about nothing else yet is always unprepared and befuddled when asked the easiest questions...'Duh I ah really don't know' HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD THAT ...WHY DON'T YOU KNOW DUMMY ...HOW ABOUT TAKING SOME PRIDE IN YOUR WORK AND DOING SOME INVESTGATING RATHER THEN MAKE UP A PACK OF LIES...'ALL THE PLAYERS HATE THE COACH' yet Simms just signed saying he likes the system and likes the coach,Alstott may resign ...an odd thing to do if you hate the coach ...eckles never finds out the facts...NEVER!!

coolhandluke

Starter

#36 : December 28, 2006, 07:54:40 AM

The only reason he has the gig is the untimely death of Chris Thomas.  Ian is a bitter ex NFL Player who just comes into work and thinks he can rely on what little he knows about sports.  All he would have to do is pick up a paper in the morning and at least he would know a little. Then you have a FM Radio Jock on as his Partner and what you have are 2 guys who have no credibility when it comes to sports. There are guys on here who could be better then these guys. As a Matter of fact thwht they should do is have the

"SCOTT REYNOLDS MORNING SHOW"  Please before you crush me for being a A$$ KISSER  like I have said before I am not one of Scotts biggest fans but his Honesty and Knowledge is far more crediable then what is on now.

Cool

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 28, 2006, 08:09:17 AM

I've been saying for a while now that Scott would be a good replacement for Duemig.    He's far better than Duemig everytime he's on the air.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 28, 2006, 08:21:53 AM

If Gruden was really as bad as people are saying he is, why is Alstott coming back? Why is Simms saying that he "likes the coach" and likes the offense?

If Gruden's ego was the problem, none of these guys would be coming back.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 28, 2006, 08:31:10 AM

cyberdude, only a buffoon would ever believe those guys on the radio.    You and I may know that they are full of crap simply by looking at the facts.    Unfortunately there are alot of buffoons living in Tampa who believe whatever they hear on the radio.   I guess if you are easily manipulated (I think that is part of the definition of buffoon) and hear the same thing over and over again, you will believe that to be true.   

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 28, 2006, 10:00:38 AM

java,and when you say over and over your not kidding thats Beckles whole show ,and i was calling for scotty to do his own show 2 years ago,these guys are like swinging doors watch them be all kissy kissy when they win...got a feeling Grudens not gonna forget especially with Beckles whos been on a hate Gruden for over 2 years ever since he knew he wasn't getting to do Grudens show or the color show on the games.....he really has to be living in a dream world if he thinks any body with any brains would want him to do the color on the games.....all the hell he would talk about is Hennessey products...talk about driving something into the ground.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 28, 2006, 07:12:41 PM

All of this is why the draft is a crapshoot guys and gals.  You never know.  Clayton was a lights-out pick at the end of the 2004 season.  Now where is he?  Ryan Leaf was the second-coming and we all know his result.

It is but when your profession is making these decisions which is what McKay, Allen, etc. do, this is how you are evaluated. You can say it seemed like a good idea at the time, but these people are paid to make the tough decisions and project the future. If they keep getting it wrong, there are other people that don't. It's no conspiracy GMs like Ozzie Newsome consistently hit home runs on their 1st round picks and find gems in the mid-to-late rounds and even undrafted free agents.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 29, 2006, 02:41:25 PM

All of this is why the draft is a crapshoot guys and gals. You never know. Clayton was a lights-out pick at the end of the 2004 season. Now where is he? Ryan Leaf was the second-coming and we all know his result.

It is but when your profession is making these decisions which is what McKay, Allen, etc. do, this is how you are evaluated. You can say it seemed like a good idea at the time, but these people are paid to make the tough decisions and project the future. If they keep getting it wrong, there are other people that don't. It's no conspiracy GMs like Ozzie Newsome consistently hit home runs on their 1st round picks and find gems in the mid-to-late rounds and even undrafted free agents.

In my following of the draft since the early 70's I have never found a single GM that ever could consistently pick great talent over everyone else.   "Numbers like Tarzan plays like Jane"... "too small to slow" etc ends up  "ALL PRO" in the NFL!! LOL

I can guarantee after the fact I can find flaws in every NFL teams early and late choices since the draft began.  The problem is "AFTER THE FACT"!!!  To label anyone a poor or great evaluator of talent is extremely suspect. That being said I believe Allen and Gruden do their homework and are among the best in the NFL.  That really isn't being complimentary because I think the draft is more "dumb luck" than anything.

2 OF THE BUCS greatest draft picks Brooks and Sapp had many questions surrounding their Pro futures.  Brooks was too small and Sapp was too short + drug issues.  Look how they turned out!!!

Sapp ended up revolutionizing the game and led to many teams ( copycats) trying to draft another Sapp.  Brooks likewise has led to a whole new generation of fast quick safety types ending up as LB's.

#43 : December 29, 2006, 02:47:31 PM

In my following of the draft since the early 70's I have never found a single GM that ever could consistently pick great talent over everyone else.   "Numbers like Tarzan plays like Jane"... "too small to slow" etc ends up  "ALL PRO" in the NFL!! LOL

I can guarantee after the fact I can find flaws in every NFL teams early and late choices since the draft began.  The problem is "AFTER THE FACT"!!!  To label anyone a poor or great evaluator of talent is extremely suspect. That being said I believe Allen and Gruden do their homework and are among the best in the NFL.  That really isn't being complimentary because I think the draft is more "dumb luck" than anything.

2 OF THE BUCS greatest draft picks Brooks and Sapp had many questions surrounding their Pro futures.  Brooks was too small and Sapp was too short + drug issues.  Look how they turned out!!!

Sapp ended up revolutionizing the game and led to many teams ( copycats) trying to draft another Sapp.  Brooks likewise has led to a whole new generation of fast quick safety types ending up as LB's.

Among the best in the NFL? Are you kidding me?

When i think of great front offices, Baltimore definitely comes to mind along with the Patriots and San Diego. These teams seems to continually find the diamonds in the rough. What examples of the GruAllen regime's success can you share with the rest of us?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 30, 2006, 01:07:15 PM

Nope!

I think if you do the research on the complete Gruden and Allen file you perhaps will change your opinion.   When was the last time the Ravens or Chargers made the Super Bowl? 

Suggest you compare draft choices 1-3 for 2004 and 2005 for Bucs versus Ravens and based on their rookie years tell me whose were more impressive.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is sports radio a joke? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools