Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Change - The Convention Speech You Didn't See « previous next »
Page: 1

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2008, 02:32:49 PM

If the cable networks and networks had covered this convention and speech, more people
would start to wake up and realize that they need to vote their heart and conscience instead
of their letter - R or D...

This guy comes the closest (not on all issues) to my political views than any other candidate.
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

And he can excite voters and has some charisma, IMO.

No prompter here. Off the cuff...

Part One...

Part Two...

Part Three...

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 10, 2008, 02:41:09 PM

It's funny how there wasn't a peep about Ron Paul's convention, when he's the only guy in the race who was actually looking out for America and the Republican party, lol.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 10, 2008, 02:41:58 PM

Wrong link on part 1, Joe

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 10, 2008, 03:02:43 PM

Wrong link on part 1, Joe

Thanks. Fixed it.

Our mainstream media blows. Thank God for the Internet. We would have never seen much from Paul's
convention if it wasn't for the net.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#4 : September 10, 2008, 03:04:58 PM

You wouldn't even know who Ron Paul was if we still relied on mainstream media lol. He may as well have been a potted plant in the debates way back when.. They'd call on him twice then the moderator would make sarcastic retorts and never call on him again.

But that's always the case, the guy who's most on the ball and with the world is the guy everyone labels crazy and shuns.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 10, 2008, 03:29:54 PM

And with Ventura, you have people using his background to dismiss him.

"He was a wrestler!"

Yes, he was a wrestler/actor and then mayor and governor.

Sounds like another actor who went from governor to president. And most people think he
did a good job.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 10, 2008, 03:51:52 PM

A friend of mine was a big Ron Paul supporter. I could see from the very beginning he never had a prayer. There are a lot of things he says that I agree with, but I never believed he was the man that could fix them.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 10, 2008, 03:53:17 PM

A friend of mine was a big Ron Paul supporter. I could see from the very beginning he never had a prayer. There are a lot of things he says that I agree with, but I never believed he was the man that could fix them.

IMO, until you get somebody in there who can take on the two parties, you'll never get the change that is needed.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 10, 2008, 04:05:48 PM

I wasn't a Paul supporter either but a lot of what he says is 100% correct.

It seemed like a lot of younger people latched on to him, so hopefully he's planting the seed that will eventually grow into the wake up call this country desperately needs sometime down the road.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Change - The Convention Speech You Didn't See « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools