Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Several teams will be in the market for a HC « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 27, 2006, 01:15:03 AM

Although there are many people who want Gruden fired, finding a replacement may be difficult since so many coaches are on the hot seat.... The market would be tough...

1. Arizona - It looks almost a sure bet that the Cardinals will fire Green at the end of the season.
2. Pittsburgh - Rumors are that Cowher has already bought a house in North Carolina. And it is looking like he may be retiring.
3. Washington - Despite his history with the franchise, many are wondering if the game has slipped by Joe. His future with the Redskins is in doubt.
4. Dallas - One thing is for sure, someone is going to be out. Either T.O. or Parcells will be leaving Dallas. Like many predicted, the marriage didn't last. T.O. has blammed Parcells for both the New Orleans and Philly losses.
5. Indy - Although unlikely to be fired this year, criticism is increasing fast on Dungy, who now leads a Super Bowl ready team that ranks last in the NFL in rushing defense. A statistic he was specifically hired to improve.
6. Atlanta - Mora's future is in serious jeopardy. The Falcons are on the verge of a .500 season and missing the playoffs again, something that Blank has said is "unacceptable." Combine this with Mora's botched joke on a Seattle radio station, he may be out of a job with a loss to the Eagles this week. Blank was asked after the Falcons loss to the Panthers about Mora's status and Blank refused to give a straight answer.
7. Miami - Rumors continue that Nick Saban is still considering the University of Alabama head coaching position. Although I don't think he will leave the Dolphins, Alabama still has the offer on the table and seems to be waiting for the end of the NFL season. So the possibility remains.
8. Oakland - It is almost a sure bet that Art Shell will be fired.
9. Cleveland - The Browns have been outscored 130-51 over the past 5 losses and the team doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It looks more and more like Crennel will be let go at the end of the year.
10. New York Giants - Although the Giants could back into the playoffs, one has to wonder why the Giants seem to have completely fallen apart. After last years embarrassing shut-out loss in the playoffs, the Giants seem to be going nowhere fast. Questions are starting to be made about Coughlin's future.

So again, to those of you who want Gruden out. Who are you going to bring in here? This is why I believe that Gruden is not going to be fired. The Glazers want a big-name, high-profile coach. And there is no one out there right now. They will not go for a college guy. They won't go for a some unproven coordinator. They will rather stick with Gruden.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 27, 2006, 01:33:31 AM

Good post.  I think your right about Dungy having one more year to make imrovements with D or he will be gone.  I think Crennel will get another year in Cleveland but who knows.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 27, 2006, 01:40:21 AM

So again, to those of you who want Gruden out. Who are you going to bring in here?

I don't think Lovie has signed a new contract yet.   ;)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 27, 2006, 03:01:46 AM

I'd rather have Gruden than Lovie.   But it's immaterial since Gruden isn't going anywhere.

#4 : December 27, 2006, 08:04:03 AM

The only guy I would consider to coach here intead of Gruden is Charlie Weis
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Several teams will be in the market for a HC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools