Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Twist of fate « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 11, 2008, 06:32:58 PM

In an interesting twist of fate Jeff Garcia is now not listed on the injury report at all that was released by the team, so was the ankle injury just a fabrication or is it as the players said news to them that Garcia had suffered the injury? With the rumor floating around now by NFL Total Access that Garcia could be being shipped to the Patriots for a fifth rounder. I got to tell you something really smells fishy here. My guess is the things have gone from bad to worse overnight and the Bucs are now looking to unload Garcia before the cancerous  growth becomes to large to cut out as the season goes along. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2008, 06:34:49 PM

So Jeff lied about having injured his ankle?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 11, 2008, 06:37:06 PM

DTG - Not sure what is going on but as the world turns things are beginning to get very interesting around One Buc Place

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 11, 2008, 06:39:28 PM

Today Jeff cited four injuries he suffered during the off-season, pre-season, and one game into the regular season -- one of which was the ankle, which he said got rolled up on.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2008, 06:41:40 PM

I think the biggest injury was to his pride in the offseason, and that's difficult to recover from..

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 11, 2008, 06:45:59 PM

I think the biggest injury was to his pride in the offseason, and that's difficult to recover from..

I would say that you are on to something !!!

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 11, 2008, 06:52:57 PM

His contract issue doesn't help

he is just not on the same page as the bucs are

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 11, 2008, 08:13:10 PM

I still think BA should have gave him the money from Mahan...it probably would have kept him quiet, and viable in camp.  Sounds like Garcia just flat out wants out.  Considering the ankle issue, and his media bickering about cash, and the Favre-fiasco, he has written himself off the football team.  As DTG says, you know a guy like Gruden LIVES for ball.  Anyone who wakes up at 3 a.m. to prepare MUST love it...and with that said, Garcia seemes to only be concerned with his billfold.  Garcia was a fool for running his mouth.  Never denied that.  BUt as these semi-truths start poppin up, it makes me want Jeff off the team as soon as possible as well.  Might as well trade him to ANYONE who is willing to cough up a fifth...or better.  But I would hold on to him if all they are getting is a sixth or worse...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 11, 2008, 08:14:40 PM

I still think BA should have gave him the money from Mahan...

I wouldn't have given him jack, to be honest. And I like the guy.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 11, 2008, 08:15:32 PM

Sources have it - Garcia point shaved and purposely threw into quadriple coverage

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 11, 2008, 08:16:16 PM

Sources have it - Garcia point shaved and purposely threw into quadriple coverage
What was the spread?  Three and a half?

#11 : September 11, 2008, 10:33:11 PM

I still think BA should have gave him the money from Mahan...

I wouldn't have given him jack, to be honest. And I like the guy.

stop the presses.... we agree again. Not one dime to the diva. None, zilch, nada!!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 11, 2008, 10:40:25 PM

What was the spread? Three and a half?
I'm almost certain. But, the dough he earned from the loss is more than his game day check.

#13 : September 11, 2008, 11:04:47 PM

He didn't get paid because they saw it coming.  He saw it too, which is why he ran to the media to try and force their hand.  This crap started long before the Favre crap, LONG before it.  He was whining much earlier.  THe FO offered him contracts and he refused, so it wasn't just about a million dollar bonus.  Little biznatch tried to extort a big payday when he knew he didn't have the goods. 

His decline was apparent in OTA's, again, long before Favre.  This was about a big contract that he thought he "earned" without having to deliver on in the future.  What was the FO supposed to do?  Offer him a 10 year deal?

The Q

Pro Bowler

#14 : September 11, 2008, 11:18:08 PM

I thought Garcia said that it was stiff and now it feels better. So why would he be on the injury report that was not due out until yesterday? If you peck, pick, nit at it and dig....you might get the pus or get it bleeding.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Twist of fate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools