Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marc Bulger, Philip Rivers...or Brian Griese?? « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
: September 11, 2008, 09:43:45 PM

Those are the three QBs on my roster.  Bulger cost me the game last week by only getting me 2 pts, so he's in my doghouse.  Philip Rivers seems on the outside like the best option but he's facing a very good Denver team.

...and then there's Griese.  I know he's Captain Checkdown, and Mr. Pick-6, but he's facing a sub-par at best ATL defense.

Thoughts?  Is Rivers the right one to start?

EDIT: Also, Marvin Harrison vs. Minnesota, or Roy Williams vs. Green Bay??

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 12, 2008, 01:46:02 PM

go with Roy Williams.....

I like Harrison, but want to see if he can rebound first.  I think Indy will have a big day this week against Minny, but I think ur better off with Roy Williams.  Alreso no brainer at QB...go with Phillip Rivers....  griese shouldn't even be on your fantasy team and Bulger hasn't been good in 2 years

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : September 12, 2008, 03:47:51 PM

Why did you start Bulger at Philly instead of Rivers vs CAR?

But anyway, Rivers completely owns Denver. In his 4 career starts vs Denver he's 64 for 92, 960 yards, 7 TDs/ 2 INTs, 120 QB rating.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 12, 2008, 06:39:49 PM

Why did you start Bulger at Philly instead of Rivers vs CAR?

But anyway, Rivers completely owns Denver. In his 4 career starts vs Denver he's 64 for 92, 960 yards, 7 TDs/ 2 INTs, 120 QB rating.

Haha, yeah I know, I'm really embarrassed on that one.  It's just that despite two horrible pre-season games, his last one was really good, and I was hoping Bulger would return to Mr. Faithful when it came to fantasy QBs.  I was wrong, I'll admit it.  I picked up Griese as my emergency QB, but he's still enticing going up against the ATL defense.

Thanks for the help guys.  Great stats, JC.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#4 : September 13, 2008, 11:15:32 AM

Harrison and Rivers are the 2 to start

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 13, 2008, 01:27:03 PM

Harrison and Rivers are the 2 to start

Any reason for Harrison over Williams?

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : September 14, 2008, 07:18:44 PM

Rivers is going ape****. Already has 352 and 3 TDs and this game might be going to OT.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 14, 2008, 11:02:47 PM

Hells yes.  Thank you guys for convincing me to play him!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marc Bulger, Philip Rivers...or Brian Griese?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools