Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palin open to war with Russia if Russia attacks NATO allies « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

: September 12, 2008, 12:36:51 AM

IRCC, Neither of them are apart of NATO. So who cares.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2008, 09:46:22 PM

Gov. Palin, in an interview with ABC news, said that if Georgia and Ukraine became NATO members, the US would have to honor it's obligations to the alliance and defend those countries if Russia invaded them. Asked if that means war with Russia, she said, "Perhaps so."

"I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help," she said.

"What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against ... We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to."

She added: "It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_el_pr/palin_interview

Vladimir has yet to respond:

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 11, 2008, 10:25:50 PM

You've gotta be kidding me.. they can't even wait into office to start declaring future wars?

Is America purposely trying to mastermind our downfall as a civilization?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 11, 2008, 10:38:42 PM

No....Russia is doing that.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2008, 10:46:36 PM

In a thinly veiled dig at George Bush, Vladimir Putin today suggested that the US President was not in charge of American affairs, saying that it was "the court that makes the king".

Amid heightened tensions with the US in the wake of the war in Georgia, the Russian Prime Minister insisted that the US leader was a man of honour and integrity, but blamed members of the administration for the sharp deterioration of relations with Russia.

"I still hope we will maintain good relations, but it is the court that makes the king," he told a group of foreign journalists in an interview at his residence in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.

He nonetheless spoke fondly of his relationship with Mr Bush, saying, only half-jokingly: "I treat President Bush better than some Americans would".

At times Mr Putin displayed genuine anger, particularly when discussing the deployment of US navy warships just off the Russian Black Sea coast. Much of his criticism was aimed directly at the Bush administration which he accused of training and army the Georgian military and encouraging its leadership to launch last month's assault on the breakaway province of South Ossetia.

"Should we have wiped the bloody snot off our face and bowed our head? Should we have waved our penknives?" he said in response to the mobilisation of Georgian tanks and troops.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4734894.ece

kmitchell

Starter

#5 : September 11, 2008, 10:59:28 PM

No....Russia is doing that.

Russia isn't threatening us. I'm pretty sure we kicked them out of the G8. I'm pretty sure we are putting up a missile shield right in front of their faces. I'm pretty sure we were behind the Georgia invasion of S Ossetia. I'm pretty sure Palin is threatening Russia and not the other way around.

If McCain/Palin get elected, our country will collapse in it's 4 year term. More stupid wars, and more unpayable debt are our future.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 11, 2008, 11:36:12 PM

this is why i liked ron paul.....

i talked to a man the other day...

he told me his story.

he said to me that he lived in africa.

he said he was forced to fight a war when he was 12.  he was in the woods.  he killed many people.  he was a boy soldier.

that man is in his 20's now.

he said to me "people in america think violence is fun and good.  they rep their hood, they think its cool.  these people that have this feeling towards violence and war, have never been to war, and have never seen violence."

that meant alot to me, and made me re-evaluate my own values.

i know there are a bunch of idiots in america that love war (bucco 40)  and think we can kick everyones ***.  but these people that want war, and think this, are not out fighting the war they want.  they are sacrificing soldiers for their under developed opinion.

the man that told me this story was the author of a book.  i forget the books name.  but im sure you can google it.

war is not good.  but some people seem to be more for it than others.

#7 : September 11, 2008, 11:38:41 PM

Funny stuff.  A chick more at home with pageant tiaras than international travel is going to be making foreign policy calls.....priceless.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 11, 2008, 11:56:46 PM

I was going to post reactions to the interview segments that have been released so far. But they are so different,
depending on the political persuasion of the person giving the reaction, that I won't bother.

One thing she DID say that I agree with her on is "Buy Silver." ;)

#9 : September 12, 2008, 12:13:34 AM

WTF? Didnt Georgia attack Russia first?

kmitchell

Starter

#10 : September 12, 2008, 12:16:24 AM

Georgia didn't attack Russia, it attacked South Ossetia. The Russians pushed the Georgians out of South Ossetia then temporarily posted it's forces in Georgia until the fighting died down. Now, if we started WW3 over something that small, that would suck.

#11 : September 12, 2008, 12:19:23 AM

I might be alone here, but I dont think we could take Russia alone. Russia is not a 3rd world Country like the ones were are attacking now. They have equal power and I believe a bigger military.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 12, 2008, 12:21:12 AM

We could build a bridge to Russia and teach them abstinence and Creationism.

#13 : September 12, 2008, 12:23:01 AM

I might be alone here, but I dont think we could take Russia alone. Russia is not a 3rd world Country like the ones were are attacking now. They have equal power and I believe a bigger military.

I have news for you:  We can't take many countries several thousand miles away without help, even if its only the use of friendly airfields.  Not to mention the military simply couldn't engage Russia whilst still stretched in Iraq and Afghanistan.

kmitchell

Starter

#14 : September 12, 2008, 12:25:15 AM

I agree with you. I'm pretty sure our military is bigger and has better technology, but the US doesn't have the money or stomach for another fight.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palin open to war with Russia if Russia attacks NATO allies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools