Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 9/11 remembered « previous next »
Page: 1

gruber

Pro Bowler

: September 11, 2008, 12:23:49 PM

I think we all know where we were that fateful day. I was at one of my stores across the street from Sikorski aircraft. I remember watching military helicopters leaving there in formation. The confusion was massive. Im about 40 min from NYC. To this day I still find the whole thing surreal.

Heres a blog from a survivor that circulating.

http://www.robbeaton.com/wtc/

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 11, 2008, 03:02:38 PM

Gruber it is still hard to watch the footage for me. It is still disturbing like Pearl Harbor is. It makes you want to kill and cry at the same time. Unfortunately we will never really get back what was lost or even really ever get even. I guess their punishment will come judgemnet day. I remember being asleep when the first plain hit. I went to my mom's and saw the 2nd plain hit. I went to the library and the newsstand that morning as i knew that would be all that was going to on the tv that week. That whole week was like being stuck in a timewarp. It took me 2 weeks to feel normal again. I still feel there is something else going to come that is worse.

kmitchell

Starter

#2 : September 11, 2008, 05:19:17 PM

My dad woke me up after the first plane hit, then as I was eating breakfeast I saw the second plane hit live. At first I thought it was old footage then noticed both towers were hit. That's when the reporters started going apesh!t. The whole day at school we were watching the news until the principal came over the intercom and told the teachers to turn it off because people were jumping out of the building.

I don't think there will be another 9/11 considering it's been 7 years with nothing at all happening on our side of the world. I think the extremists are content to fight Americans and Israeli's in the Middle East.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 11, 2008, 09:50:00 PM

I don't think there will be another 9/11 considering it's been 7 years with nothing at all happening on our side of the world. I think the extremists are content to fight Americans and Israeli's in the Middle East.
Keep dreaming pal!! It took 8 years for them to hit the towers a second time dont ever for a second think theyre not trying to hit us here again.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2008, 09:54:50 PM

Its a shame that 3 people have commented on this, how quickly we forget. I arrived at the WTC right after the first tower fell. At that point I was with the NYPD for 17 years and thought I had pretty much seen everything. How quickly I learned different. I lost many friends that day and I will NEVER forget them or that day. May all the victims who lost their lives on that day rest in peace.

#5 : September 11, 2008, 10:13:49 PM

Keep dreaming pal!! It took 8 years for them to hit the towers a second time dont ever for a second think theyre not trying to hit us here again.

Osama and Al Qaeda achieved everything they set out to do that day.   They took down the WTC and struck a blow on US soil, and they sucked us into a costly conflict abroad.  Now they have propaganda, a steady stream of donations and targets to attack in the middle east.  Maybe one day they will attempt something else in the US but for now they don't need to.

#6 : September 11, 2008, 10:50:42 PM

Back to the subject at hand.  I was sitting in a Computer Networking lecture at school getting ready to go to our lab, when the lab assistant informed us on the first tower then the second, and the Pentagon.  The school immediately cancelled the rest of the classes for that day.  Then as we watched the video footage, of the towers falling, I remember getting sick feeling, and feeling sorrow for those trapped inside.  Then the rumors floating aplenty of what next?  Work that night was weird too, many of my coworkers really didn't want to be there, for obvious reasons, and some were just flat out scared.  I also remember holding out as much hope as possible that there would be as many survivors as possible.

It is certainly a day that I'll never forget, and a shout out to those on '93.... let's roll.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 11, 2008, 10:51:59 PM

I just got through watching  "102 minutes that changed/world".  It is airing on The History Channel . It will be coming on again in a few hours.  It is a must see.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 12, 2008, 12:16:36 AM

Its a shame that 3 people have commented on this, how quickly we forget.

What do you expect in these times? It's not politically correct to be proud of your country anymore. I was the only one on my street that put the flag out today.

A politician says anything about 9/11 and the media starts hammering on him. Look what happened to Rudy.

Then of course you got to deal with the nutballs who think it was an inside job.

gruber

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 12, 2008, 05:13:33 AM

Its a shame that 3 people have commented on this, how quickly we forget. I arrived at the WTC right after the first tower fell. At that point I was with the NYPD for 17 years and thought I had pretty much seen everything. How quickly I learned different. I lost many friends that day and I will NEVER forget them or that day. May all the victims who lost their lives on that day rest in peace.

I have to agree. I was the only one to post and it was afternoon. After that the first comment was at 3pm.  Its sad how quickly people let this go. I heard Good Morning America cut to a break during the name readings and never came back. They just went to regular programming. This is the type of complacancy that will lead to another 9/11.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 9/11 remembered « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools