Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Counting chickens.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: December 27, 2006, 10:58:09 AM

...before they're hatched. Simms signing still not finalized and Tuesday has come and gone.

If Simms stays with the Bucs, I have to question his intelligence. He is not a good fit for what Gruden wants to do here. If he really wants a career in the NFL he will find a team that can adapt to his strengths and take advantage of them. Gruden will never do that.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 27, 2006, 11:04:57 AM

Yeah, what the heck is up with this signing? I thought it was tuesday as well??? If I am the bucs I either sign Simms and Rattay or as they are possibly doing right now, pull the offer off the table and sign Garcia and get the QB of the future via draft.

Baghead #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 27, 2006, 12:00:58 PM

I think Simms and his agent have found out that there won't be a lot of suitors for a below average QB...

They want to be back with the bucs because the bucs are the only ones who want him back, for whatever reason.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 27, 2006, 12:32:04 PM

Simms's agent, Tom Condon, is a bright fellow. There's no way he lets Simms sign back with the Bucs before the opening of free agency if he believes that there would be multiple, more competitive offers for him in the marketplace.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 27, 2006, 12:33:51 PM

Maybe he wanted to stay because he likes it here. He did go to all the games home and away when he was able

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 27, 2006, 02:30:19 PM

brad johnson was also not considered a good fit for this offense, and he won a superbowl and went to the pro bowl.  if simms believes in himself and his coaches, he has to like his chances of starting in tampa as much as anywhere else in the league right now.  if he's the best available QB, both he and the offensive coaches will make the necessary adjustments.

if he winds up being the starting QB, i'm behind him all the way, i'd just like to see at least 1 new face in the running this offseason to keep the level of competition as high as possible.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2006, 02:39:57 PM

Im pretty sure there was a direct quote from Simms in the St. Pete times saying he signed.

#7 : December 27, 2006, 04:10:02 PM

Simms is signed.  Sportsradio says that he's come out and acknowledged the signing.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 27, 2006, 04:13:18 PM

Simms is signed. Sportsradio says that he's come out and acknowledged the signing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2006, 04:14:38 PM

Simms is signed. Sportsradio says that he's come out and acknowledged the signing.

Or if you prefer:

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5598

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 27, 2006, 04:16:04 PM

Based on what's been reported about the contract, I think it's a good move. I also don't think the Bucs have finalized their QB plans with this signing, either.

#11 : December 27, 2006, 04:24:43 PM

Based on what's been reported about the contract, I think it's a good move. I also don't think the Bucs have finalized their QB plans with this signing, either.

Agreed.  But this is a gret start to the offseason, I have to say.  It's exciting, not so much that I think Simms is a fabulous QB (although he may be), but more because he knows our sys and solidifes that position to a new degree.  And the season isn't even over, yet.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 27, 2006, 04:51:23 PM

Simms is signed. Sportsradio says that he's come out

Hmmm...  Maybe putting him and Garcia on the same team IS a bad idea

#13 : December 27, 2006, 04:54:59 PM

Orrr...maybe an incredibly good idea?  It would be an epic love story...two QBs fighting for the same job, fighting in the trenches for eachother.  One "goes down" with an injury, the other, tears in his eyes, comes in to lead the Bucs to a victory.

Yep...you got it...

Broke Buc Mountin'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 27, 2006, 05:01:40 PM

Orrr...maybe an incredibly good idea? It would be an epic love story...two QBs fighting for the same job, fighting in the trenches for eachother. One "goes down" with an injury, the other, tears in his eyes, comes in to lead the Bucs to a victory.

Yep...you got it...

Broke Buc Mountin'

;D ;D

Maybe they can pose together on the cover of Garcia's new book (Cooking For Your Man, pt. 2)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Counting chickens.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools