Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms: Comeback player of the year 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Badabingnrt

Starter

#15 : December 27, 2006, 08:50:42 PM

hey it's not all bad guys....with Simms in there, we will have another good draft pick for the 2008 draft...

If JeMarcus Russell doesnt come out this year, we could get him next year.

Simms is terrible folks...he had slightely better stats then Grads...(talking about 2005 compared to 2006, respectively)....and Simms had the #1 D and great rushing attack to ride.

We are not talking apples and oranges...we are talking **CENSORED**ty Qbs and **CENSORED**tier Qbs...

#16 : December 27, 2006, 08:51:58 PM

hey it's not all bad guys....with Simms in there, we will have another good draft pick for the 2008 draft...

If JeMarcus Russell doesnt come out this year, we could get him next year.

Simms is terrible folks...he had slightely better stats then Grads...(talking about 2005 compared to 2006, respectively)....and Simms had the #1 D and great rushing attack to ride.

We are not talking apples and oranges...we are talking **CENSORED**ty Qbs and **CENSORED**tier Qbs...
That's the sad reality.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 27, 2006, 10:42:43 PM

You guys are so negative.   At the start of this season, everyone was loving Simms and expecting a great year.    He started out badly, I agree.   But he was given very little action in the preseason (big mistake on Gruden's part) so he started out slowly.   Remember, he started out slowly the year before as well before turning it up and playing pretty darn well.    So he had a couple of bad games against the Ravens and Falcons.   He was decent against the Panthers before going out for the year.    In my opinion, you guys are panicing over nothing.    I saw the same mentality going into the 2005 year.   Most people were saying the Bucs would go 5-11 that year, but they went 11-5.   

I look for Simms to come back as the starter, get alot of reps in the pre-season and for Gruden to ditch the excessive 3 step drop passes that were so unsuccessful this year.    It wouldn't take much for Simms to have a great year next season regardless of what some of you doom and gloom lovers seem to believe.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 27, 2006, 10:50:13 PM

I like Simms.  I think he could become a great QB but I don't see that happening in the WCO.  You put him in a shotgun formation with two speedy WRs and let him air it out and he'll put up big numbers.   Who knows though if Gruden gets fired after next year and we get those receivers the 08 Bucs could have the offense everyone has dreamed about.   Keep him throwing short passes on three step drops to the middle of the field and you will continue to get 5+ batted passes per game. 

zed

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 28, 2006, 07:05:30 AM

It's not too far-fetched.  He showed he could do it in 2005.  Why not in 2007?  He knows what his weaknesses are: batted passes and three step drops, but who says they can't be overcome?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : December 28, 2006, 08:37:53 PM

It's not too far-fetched. He showed he could do it in 2005. Why not in 2007? He knows what his weaknesses are: batted passes and three step drops, but who says they can't be overcome?
You need to talk to the all knowing, all seeing MJS...oh, wait, you can't....

#21 : December 28, 2006, 10:02:52 PM

Chris Simms: Comeback player of the year 2007

I'm predicting this right now.   I do admit though that it's not a tough call.   

Doesn't a player need to have been a force in the past to be a "comeback player".   ???

2006 was meant to be Chris's breakout year, so I am at a loss to know how he can be the NFL comeback player.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 28, 2006, 10:07:50 PM

Simms will never be anything than an average QB that gets all this publicity due to his father being Phil Simms.  What did Chris do at Texas?  Oh thats right look like a back-up to Major Applewhite.  I have never been a Chris fan and he will have to put together a hell of a lot better stats than he did last year and this year.  Our QB position is one of the weakest in the NFL right now as Simms and Gradkowski are like dumb and dumber.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 28, 2006, 11:43:14 PM

okay my question to you samari is, where is major applewhite now and who drafted him...if im not mistaken i dont think anybody did...so what does that tell you about how good major applewhite is compared to chris simms..

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : December 28, 2006, 11:48:19 PM

You can't have a discussion with samari---he thinks Gruden takes Carnell out on 3rd down to make Alstott fans happy!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 29, 2006, 02:44:47 AM

"Chris Simms, Backup Quarterback 2007" is prolly more accurate.
Yeah.  Lets all raise our glasses half full to Gradkowski finding some "timing" on the long ball, and some accuracy on everything in between...

Until then, Simms is a better prospect, despite three whole games of sub par performance.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms: Comeback player of the year 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools