Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: simms gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 27, 2006, 06:42:44 PM

Haters.
Don't you believe that competition is best for this position, at this time, for this team? I mean sign Garcia or Plummer, or trade for Favre, and let them compete with Simms for the starting QB position...that's fair isn't it?
Garcia, Plummer, or Favre?? Still celebrating?

#16 : December 27, 2006, 06:43:26 PM

No, Karen believes that Simms should have everything handed to him on a platter, and that all other QB's are inferior to him.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : December 27, 2006, 06:46:28 PM

No, Karen believes that Simms should have everything handed to him on a platter, and that all other QB's are inferior to him.
You are not psychic!  In spite of your over inflated sense of self.

#18 : December 27, 2006, 06:48:51 PM

In spite of your over inflated sense of self.
Ummm....ok?

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 27, 2006, 06:49:08 PM

Haters.
Don't you believe that competition is best for this position, at this time, for this team? I mean sign Garcia or Plummer, or trade for Favre, and let them compete with Simms for the starting QB position...that's fair isn't it?
Garcia, Plummer, or Favre?? Still celebrating?

HUH?

You must be accountable for your actions!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : December 27, 2006, 06:54:12 PM

Ummm....ok?
In other words---you do not know what I think.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 27, 2006, 06:56:31 PM

Yes he could have. I bet he could have gotten more money on the open market. Look at what Griese got.

I can think of not one single NFL team that would sign an injured Chris Simms and GUARANTEE him a starting spot. If you have information on one that would, please post it here.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 27, 2006, 06:56:41 PM

Ummm....ok?
In other words---you do not know what I think.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 27, 2006, 06:58:24 PM

Haters.

Haters? On what basis?

#24 : December 27, 2006, 07:02:26 PM

The structure of the Simms deal makes him very expendable, its a back-up contract unless he wows.  If he earns the incentives we will all be happy Buccs fans.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 27, 2006, 07:04:27 PM

The structure of the Simms deal makes him very expendable, its a back-up contract unless he wows.  If he earns the incentives we will all be happy Buccs fans.

Exactly. As Bucs fans, we can't lose. If he's good enough to start, he earns the incentives and still is an affordable starting QB. If he isn't good enough, he's a reasonably priced backup who can win a few games if called upon.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#26 : December 27, 2006, 08:55:56 PM

3 mil a year and a three mill signing bonus.. not that bad but for this team that is starting money right now cause he is the highest paid QB on the roster right now

Badabingnrt

Starter

#27 : December 27, 2006, 09:00:53 PM

yea i dont see where u get Gruden's love for Gradkowski.  If im not mistaking, he benched the guy.....

And...Honestly...i couldn't blame him for liking Grads when he had a 9 to 4 TD to INT ratio.  I honestly thought we found ourselfs another Bulger, Brady, Hasselbeck...etc...

Even though Grads has tailed off at the end, he still deserves to be on this team as a back-up.  Now we have another bum in Simms.  If we keep him as a back-up, then good.  However, if we go into the season with Simms and Grads as the two competing for the starting job, then we are in trouble.

As bad as Grads stats were this year after he tailed off, they were still similar to Simms stats last year..I know Simms had slightly better stats, but still he had the #1 Defense and a damn good rushing attack.

Grads was giving a defense ranked in the 20s and a rushing attack that wouldn't be able to get 100 yards against the Colts rush D.

Im not saying whether Grads or Simms are better....I'm simply saying that GRuden doesnt have a love affair with Grads and that we are in trouble if Simms is our starter next year.

We need to get a vet QB.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 27, 2006, 10:27:53 PM

Quarterback Passing
  Player   Team   G   Att   Att/G   Cmp   Pct   Yds   Yds/G   Lng   TDs   Int   Sck   SckY   Rate

Chris Simms   TB   3   106   35.3   58   54.7   585   195.0   55   1   7   4   32   46.3

How soon we forget just how bad Simms played during the beginning of this season!!  If we don't bring in a veteran to compete for the starting position, sit back and enjoy another losing season!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : December 27, 2006, 10:43:40 PM

He played 2 freaking games!  He won the 3rd (while losing a spleen) & the defense couldn't hold it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: simms gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools