Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs thoughts game 2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2008, 07:45:00 PM

Some things that were good and some things that were not so good, Sabby playing in spot duty made some nice defensive splash plays with his Int, forced fumble and fumble recovery, while his good job didnt end there having a mental lapse wont help him earn more playing time, but considering this is his first extended look what a player maker he is going to turn out to be if he can correct a few mental breakdowns.

Passing game is not where it needs to be at all not sure if the team has a qb on the roster that can run Gruden offense effectively or not still to many plays being left out there.

Graham what more can you say about the man beast? But feed him the damn football thus far in two games Graham has carried the football for 24 times for 207 yards for an astonishing 8.6 yard average and one score, clearly the Bucs best offensive weapon, and yet Gruden using him sparingly.

What is going on with the defensive tackles for the Bucs in the first two games? not getting enough push up the middle to keep opposing QB's from stepping up in the pocket. Need better production out of the defensive tackles.

Gaines Adams step up big vs the Falcons after being kept off the stat sheet last week 2.5 sacks and 6 total tackles great game from a player who need a statement game.

Greg White is Greg White getting one splash play a  game, but for this team to get quality pressure Kevin Carter needs to be the player on the sideline and Monte needs to allow the edge rushers loose to do what they do.

Sears needs to buckle down as this is going to be a long season if he continues to breakdown mentally.

Elbert Mack showing some nastiness to him which is something this defense needs.

Play calling needs to get better no reason you have a team down by 17 mid way through the second quarter and you are not playing down hill.

Dunn still has wiggle left in him steady number two back.

Other then Hilliard have we dressed any other receivers? Hilliard the only reliable receiver this team has rigth now.

Ales Smith and John Gilmore had a total of four catches for 61 yards and a score good to see them used more.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 14, 2008, 07:48:11 PM

agreed

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 14, 2008, 07:48:23 PM

All excellent points.

bibfortuna

Second String
#3 : September 14, 2008, 07:49:01 PM

Second the thought on DT's. It looks like Jimmy Wilkerson played some; I'd be interested in knowing whether he subbed for Haye.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : September 14, 2008, 07:59:50 PM

I liked what I saw from Sims when he was in. One play in particular he beat his man right from the start and forced Ryan out of the pocket very quickly

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 14, 2008, 08:21:36 PM

My observations, for what little they're worth:

Offense just infuriates me. The amount of plays that were left out there again was just terrible. Griese had Bryant open deep on a play that was probably a TD and he overthrows him, not to mention a few other critical 3rd down pass plays which were missed right as the Falcons were getting into it a little. It just annoys me because firstly Garcia wasn't in sync with the offense, which can be attributed to his lack of preseason/training camp action, but now the guy that played all of TC with the 1st team offense is missing gimme plays too. I mean, WTF?? Last year the offense clicked immediately in game 2 against the Saints when we blew them out, I prey that it will next week against what is a fierce Chicago D right now. As for Gruden, I thought he called good plays but Griese just missed on too many throws, should have worked Graham more though.

Graham, just love the guy, nuff said really. O-Line continues to show that its forte is clearly in the Running Game; Zuttah and Sears still look shaky in the passing game on some plays. I thought Trueblood had a great game, and that Penn, given who he was up against, played pretty good too. Overall though, the OL could have done better.

PENALTIES PENALTIES PENALTIES. It was a downright joke how many we gave up today. I hope that was the exception and not the norm, because we can't afford to be in double digits in penalties when we play better teams; we find it hard enough to make plays as it is on Offense.

Defense rebounded big time. Sabby is a born playmaker, but he was an idiot on that lateral. Gaines Adams had a helluva a day, a real statement kind of game. Not just the sacks, but he was constantly forcing Ryan to move around and made some plays in the running game too. Greg White played good too. Still, the pass rush needs improvement once we play Delhomme, Brees, Romo, Cutler etc. because a lot of times Ryan held on for too long. Not enough pressure from the middle.

I thought the Defensive Backs played really well, especially Buchanan, Jackson and Piscitelli.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 14, 2008, 09:08:59 PM

We need Davin Joseph back.  He'll allow Faine to help out Sears more.  Remeber Sears is still a young dude and Davin was really comin' on before injury.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 14, 2008, 09:10:35 PM

Some thoughts:

1-Nice to see some pass rush...2 sacks for Gaines, Greg White coming alive.....pretty sick
2-Aqib Talib and Sabby having some nice INTs which helped give us an early 10-0 lead.
3-Sabby Piscitelli making a bone head play, I'm sure he will no longer lateral it anymore...
4-penalties.....come on now correct that...
5-Griese made no difference in this game.  I guess you have to name him starter for next week since we won today, but honestly, they are the Falcons, some may consider one of the worst teams in the league and we were still neck and neck with them late in the 4th because Griese left plays on the field.

6-Griese needs to play better if we expect to win against a much tougher D on the road next week....ugh...i have a stomach ache just thinking about it...

7-Hilliard is still the man
8-good to see Derrick keep his streek alive...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 14, 2008, 09:11:47 PM

We need Davin Joseph back. He'll allow Faine to help out Sears more. Remeber Sears is still a young dude and Davin was really comin' on before injury.

Indeed. Zuttah has nice upside but he is too raw and needs a lot of help, both mentally and physically, due to his lack of experience.

BTW, I thought Donald Penn had a pretty nice game.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 14, 2008, 09:17:11 PM

The nice thing is on the long TD run fro Graham it came on the left side, lets hope when Joseph comes back things really get settled an the offense can start building some momentum in the passing game which will even open up the running game that much more

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 14, 2008, 09:19:20 PM

No, it was on the right side.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 14, 2008, 09:19:36 PM

We need Davin Joseph back. He'll allow Faine to help out Sears more. Remeber Sears is still a young dude and Davin was really comin' on before injury.

Indeed. Zuttah has nice upside but he is too raw and needs a lot of help, both mentally and physically, due to his lack of experience.

BTW, I thought Donald Penn had a pretty nice game.

You make a great point BuccAny. We really need Davin back; Zuttah just isn't ready yet.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 14, 2008, 09:20:42 PM

Any word on his status???

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 14, 2008, 09:21:08 PM

No, it was on the right side.

Yes, the play was supposed to go to the left, but EG cut it back to the right and he had a friggin' wall all the way down the sideline.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 14, 2008, 09:22:29 PM

Yes, the play was supposed to go to the left, but EG cut it back to the right and he had a friggin' wall all the way down the sideline.

And Bryant made two nice blocks to get him into the end zone.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs thoughts game 2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools