Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: December 27, 2006, 05:33:46 PM

SIMMS TO BE TRADED?

A league source tells us that the father of Bucs quarterback Chris Simms recently has been overheard saying that he expects his son to eventually be traded to the Dallas Cowboys.

Another league source, however, tells us that Simms won't be traded.

Simms' father, former Giants quarterback Phil, works as the No. 1 analyst for CBS.

The younger Simms has signed a two-year extension to remain with the Bucs.  Our friends at WDAE radio in Tampa tell us that the deal is worth $10 million, with a $3 million signing bonus.

Per a league source, the $3 million will be prorated over 2006, 2007, and 2008.  Thus, a pre-June 1 trade in 2007 would result in a cap charge of $2 million.  The source says that the deal also includes a $2 million base salary for 2007, and a base salary of $2 million for 2008, plus incentives.

In Dallas, starter Tony Romo is signed through 2007.  He's scheduled to earn $1 million next season.

If Simms isn't traded, then the move suggests (as we recently explained) that coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Bruce Allen are safe for another year.  If Gruden and Allen were on the outs, we doubt that a decision on Simms would have been made before a new coach and/or G.M. had been hired.

Interesting!!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 27, 2006, 05:35:13 PM

Wow, fasten your seat belts...........

Baghead #2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 27, 2006, 05:35:22 PM

What is a "league source"?

#3 : December 27, 2006, 05:35:56 PM

This move doesn't make too much sense unless the coaches in Big D don't think Romo is the answer.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 27, 2006, 05:36:32 PM

I can't see how they could not think that Romo can be better than what he is currently, which is pretty good.

Baghead #2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : December 27, 2006, 05:37:21 PM

And Romo?? Parcells doesn't have enough to worry about!  Wait!  It's TO's fault!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 27, 2006, 05:45:24 PM

Just as I thought, the Offseason will prove to be much more exciting for us Buc Fans than the 2006 season turned out to be. Nevertheless, this rumour still seems unlikely, although PFT have in the past made these kinds of revelations before anyone else, and some of them have turned out to be true. An intriguing prospect.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : December 27, 2006, 05:47:19 PM

HUH?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#8 : December 27, 2006, 05:49:20 PM

HUH?
Simms.....traded.......in........offseason........maybe.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : December 27, 2006, 05:54:06 PM

HUH?
Simms.....traded.......in........offseason........maybe.
Oh ok. I get it now.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 27, 2006, 06:02:34 PM

I heard that Parcells and Jones were extremely pissed that Romo was having a good time with  Underwood before the game and then went out and played so bad! That being said I would trade Simms straight up for Romo!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#11 : December 27, 2006, 06:03:20 PM

I heard that Parcells and Jones were extremely pissed that Romo was having a good time with Underwood before the game and then went out and played so bad! That being said I would trade Simms straight up for Romo!
I wouldn't. He's been awful since Thanksgiving.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#12 : December 27, 2006, 06:04:05 PM

I wonder what we would get for Simms? Surely at least a 2nd round pick.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 27, 2006, 06:08:08 PM

You heard they were upset about Underwood/Romo? You heard from who?

I saw them mention it on ESPN but it was only the opinion of the announcers. I doubt Romo is
on any trading block because of that. He's young. YOUNG QBs STRUGGLE. Sound familiar?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 27, 2006, 06:09:13 PM

I heard that Parcells and Jones were extremely pissed that Romo was having a good time with Underwood before the game and then went out and played so bad! That being said I would trade Simms straight up for Romo!
I wouldn't. He's been awful since Thanksgiving.

I think it would depend on the offense.  I think Romo would be perfect for Gruden's core GCO.  Simms needs a modified offense to be successful.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools