Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : December 27, 2006, 08:09:38 PM

Who the hell is going to throw to TO here?

#31 : December 27, 2006, 08:10:22 PM

I'd take Terry Glenn for Simms all day long

#32 : December 27, 2006, 08:11:04 PM

His old pal Jeff Garcia

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 27, 2006, 08:11:15 PM

#34 : December 27, 2006, 08:11:59 PM

LOL wtf?

#35 : December 27, 2006, 08:33:16 PM

His old pal Jeff Garcia
Yeah, that'll work.
At least it'll be entertaining.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 27, 2006, 08:33:28 PM

Next people are going to say the Bucs are going to deal Simms for Romo and then the Bucs will sign Romo to a long term deal. Why on earth would the Cowboys trade for a QB they can have for free in 2007. Also, with Romo playing well, why would they go after Simms? I find nothing about that situation that could possibly be true.

The only way Simms ends up in Dallas is if Romo leaves and gets a big deal elsewhere and the Bucs can sign a big time vetran (or Romo) and thus Simms is expendable and we trade Simms there. That's the only way that would happen...and that's not going to happen.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#37 : December 27, 2006, 08:38:47 PM

Forst of all Romo is Parcellls guy. Remember he made themove to bench Bledsoe and bring him in. Parcells also said that he is not suprised by the way the guys plays because he has been in the system for the last 4 years. PFT is not right on this one. There is no way they make that trade to Dallas. They are not going to trade away Romo right now. With all due respect to Simms he is playing at a way higher level then Simms was even when he was healthy. I think Simms doesnt even fit thier offense because it requires that mobility that Simms doesnt have enough of. Simms will be here next season i think. As always here come the rumors flying now that he is resigned first there was"he's not going to sign he may est the market and go elsewhere". And now that he is signed now it's," Hes going to be trade". You cant win with the media these days i guess!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 27, 2006, 08:44:48 PM

Forst of all Romo is Parcellls guy. Remember he made themove to bench Bledsoe and bring him in. Parcells also said that he is not suprised by the way the guys plays because he has been in the system for the last 4 years. PFT is not right on this one. There is no way they make that trade to Dallas. They are not going to trade away Romo right now. With all due respect to Simms he is playing at a way higher level then Simms was even when he was healthy. I think Simms doesnt even fit thier offense because it requires that mobility that Simms doesnt have enough of. Simms will be here next season i think. As always here come the rumors flying now that he is resigned first there was"he's not going to sign he may est the market and go elsewhere". And now that he is signed now it's," Hes going to be trade". You cant win with the media these days i guess!

The reality is that Parcells may not be back. Either T.O. or Parcells will be gone at the end of the year. Thats what every single analyst is saying right now.

#39 : December 27, 2006, 08:47:49 PM

I agree BB, Bruce Allen IS the man...I always wondered what it was like to have a good GM...

No doubt, he knows how to work the numbers..... now he just needs to brush up on his talent evaluating.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 27, 2006, 08:49:54 PM

There is one possiblity that makes sense even though it is a longshot.   Tampa Bay signs Simms right now to keep him off the market.  The Cowboys now can obtain hiim with a friendly contract and do not have to compete for his services with other teams possibily driving up his price tag.  They just have to surrender a draft pick.

Even with Parcells' uncertainty Romo will be a Cowboy in 2007 so I do not think much of this rumor.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#41 : December 27, 2006, 09:02:06 PM

The reality is that Parcells may not be back. Either T.O. or Parcells will be gone at the end of the year. Thats what every single analyst is saying right now.

Okay Understandable but, How many time have the media been wrong. A lot. Im not banking on thing i see the sports media saying until it happens. The same people that said Alstott was gone and that the Panthers or the Falcons was a sure lock for the superbowl out the NFL early in the season.

They can say what they want but i think Parcells is going to honor his contract and be there next year. I dont think TO is running Parcells out of town . I think, that TO is running himself out. but wait Terry Glenn is now complaining about the offense now so the prblem may not be TO, it might be the OC. How knows, Knowbody knows

blitz

Pro Bowler
#42 : December 27, 2006, 10:02:27 PM

Unless the contract is inked very soon,  Simm's agent maybe working the backrooms to see what kind of money is out there.   

The Bucs have cap room available to sign Simms and tie him up for a blockbuster trade.  The Bucs need more than a questionable QB to revamp the team.    Simms going to Dallas doesn't make sense but he may go elsewhere including New York where the bloom is off the Manning rose.  My bet is NY before Dallas.   

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : December 27, 2006, 10:24:02 PM

The contract was signed earlier today.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#44 : December 27, 2006, 10:33:55 PM

The contract was signed earlier today.

:>) sorry, just got up.   Yea Bucs.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools