Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#45 : December 27, 2006, 10:37:43 PM

The contract was signed earlier today.

:>) sorry, just got up. Yea Bucs.
On vacay or just sleeping in?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 27, 2006, 10:42:37 PM

Unless the contract is inked very soon, Simm's agent maybe working the backrooms to see what kind of money is out there.

The Bucs have cap room available to sign Simms and tie him up for a blockbuster trade. The Bucs need more than a questionable QB to revamp the team. Simms going to Dallas doesn't make sense but he may go elsewhere including New York where the bloom is off the Manning rose. My bet is NY before Dallas.

I've read a few different sources that say the deal is signed.

And Eli Manning isn't a questionable QB?? He threw 17 INTs last year and has thrown 18 so far this year.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#47 : December 27, 2006, 11:15:22 PM

I'm sure the Giants are looking hard for a replacement.  Simms would be a perfect fit.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#48 : December 27, 2006, 11:22:47 PM

I'm sure Eli's contract will not make it easy to get rid of him.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#49 : December 27, 2006, 11:56:13 PM

I'm sure Eli's contract will not make it easy to get rid of him.

Yep..........hard to imagine the Giants benching Manning but with Barber retiring,  you got to believe the offense is going to get the bulk of the attention in the offseasonand the natives are restless. 

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 28, 2006, 02:18:44 AM

we should keep Simms at all costs,just saw a picture of his  wife and shes an absolute knock out drop dead beautiful...he must be doing something right ...you know what they say about guys with large feet LOL.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#51 : December 28, 2006, 03:20:29 AM

OK, I'm reading behind you & you are obsessed with Danielle. When did you see her? Not many people have.  Alot of people don't even know her at games.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#52 : December 28, 2006, 09:46:42 AM

I agree BB, Bruce Allen IS the man...I always wondered what it was like to have a good GM...

No doubt, he knows how to work the numbers..... now he just needs to brush up on his talent evaluating.

Agree

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 28, 2006, 09:50:43 AM

There is a reason Dumeig puts that guy on his show...he's one guy that's more full of crap than he is.  No credibility at all.  It's all bogus.

#54 : December 28, 2006, 09:51:46 AM

Why would NY trade Eli? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 28, 2006, 11:23:22 AM

There is one possiblity that makes sense even though it is a longshot.   Tampa Bay signs Simms right now to keep him off the market.  The Cowboys now can obtain hiim with a friendly contract and do not have to compete for his services with other teams possibily driving up his price tag.  They just have to surrender a draft pick.

Even with Parcells' uncertainty Romo will be a Cowboy in 2007 so I do not think much of this rumor.

This is really the only possibility that makes any sense to me if there is any truth to the rumor (and it's definitely a longshot).  It would probably mean Bledsoe won't be around next year and Simms is brought in as camp competition/backup to Romo.  If the contract/SB is structured as written in the article, a $2MM hit for the trade is pretty palatable, depending on what we would get out of the deal.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#56 : December 28, 2006, 11:38:49 AM

I hope he gets traded sheesh, i think its more of a chance he gets traded to the texans than the cowboys tho, that just doesnt make much sense

spartan

Hall of Famer
#57 : December 28, 2006, 03:04:06 PM

Seeing as BA has spent so much time rectifying the cap situation it makes absolutely no sense to me to trade him and take an instant 3m cap hit. It makes no sense either Dallas waiting to June either to prorate the signing bonus as Simms will miss out on all the OTA's and so forth. Nothing about this rumor makes sense to me so I must consider it as just garbage.

#58 : December 28, 2006, 03:11:17 PM

There is a reason Dumeig puts that guy on his show...he's one guy that's more full of crap than he is. No credibility at all. It's all bogus.
I don't know about that, he has broken a few stories.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to be traded to Dallas??? (per PFT) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools