Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I like the offense. I like the coach." « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
: December 27, 2006, 05:50:33 PM

TAMPA, Fla. … (AP) … Rather than test free agency at the end of the season, injured Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms is remaining with the Buccaneers.

Simms, sidelined since the third week of the season after having his spleen removed, signed a two-year contract extension Wednesday and looks forward to trying to regain his starting job in 2007.

Terms of the contract were not released, but Simms described the deal as îî starter's money'' that shows coach Jon Gruden and general manager Bruce Allen are committed to him leading the offense.

"It's definitely a load off my shoulders,'' Simms, wearing a T-shirt bearing the words "got sple ere and
definitely like the organization. I'm happy it's all done.''

Simms, the son of Super Bowl-winning quarterback Phil Simms, replaced the injured Brian Griese last season and made 10 starts en route to helping the Bucs win the NFC South and earn a playoff berth for the first time in three years.

He and the team entered training camp with high expectations this year, but the 26-year-old quarterback's
season came to an abrupt end in Week Three when he took several hard hits during a loss to the Carolina Panthers and wound up in the hospital after the game.

The Bucs initially believed Simms had bruised ribs and was battling dehydration before he was taken to the emergency room, where it was determined that his spleen was ruptured and needed to be removed.

"It's great to have him back. It's unfortunate that he had an injury to disrupt his season,'' Gruden said. "He's a young guy who's paid a price and we're excited to have him back.''

Simms was 0-3 and had thrown for one touchdown and seven interceptions when he was injured. Rookie Bruce Gradkowski went 3-8 over the next 11 games and Tim Rattay won his first start of the season last week at Cleveland.

Simms, who expects to make a full recovery, said his injury had nothing to do with his decision to not test his worth on the open market.

"Nothing's guaranteed anywhere. ... It comes down to what I'm comfortable with and what I like,'' the quarterback said.

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I like the offense. I like coach. I like the direction the organization is going. At the end of the day, there's a lot more ifs about what's going to happen out there in free agency than what's going to happen here.''

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 27, 2006, 07:13:18 PM

Simms is a good kid. Talk to him for a few minutes and you can't help but smile. I hope he turns out to be an exceptional QB.

#2 : December 27, 2006, 07:14:54 PM

Simms is a good kid. Talk to him for a few minutes and you can't help but smile. I hope he turns out to be an exceptional QB.
He is a nice guy I must say...HOWEVAH, he's obviously covering up the fact that Gruden hates him, and that the team hates Gruden....it's obvious..

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 27, 2006, 07:21:03 PM

Either trade Simms or bye bye Garcia...

Baghead #2

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 27, 2006, 07:45:27 PM

You guys don't get it the only reason Garcia is successful is because, the Eagles have a very,very talented offensive line. The Bucs have a young offensive line any QB will struggle with our line. Manning would struggle to throw for 200 yards behind this line.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 27, 2006, 07:51:07 PM

You guys don't get it the only reason Garcia is successful is because, the Eagles have a very,very talented offensive line. The Bucs have a young offensive line any QB will struggle with our line. Manning would struggle to throw for 200 yards behind this line.

I agree T he is in a very user friendly offense right now, no question. I think this signing eliminates the possiblities of bringing in Garcia. For one I don't think Garcia would want to come here. We can't offer him a chance at the superbowl and I don't think that the bucs, according to Simms saying they paid him good money, starters money, would want Garcia. I think they sign Rattay now and I also think there is a very good chance if Troy Smith were to fall on draft day to the mid-late first round they would make the move.

Baghead #2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2006, 08:37:31 PM

"I like the coach"

So much for the crap talk that all the players want Gruden out.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#7 : December 27, 2006, 08:51:28 PM

"I like the coach"

So much for the crap talk that all the players want Gruden out.

Yes! But as you know the media and fans around here. they know nothing but negatvity and will not belive nothing other than Gruden hates Simms and he really hates Alstott. But my thing is the more they(the media) talk to the players you are hearing even more of them say they like Gruden and wants to play for the guy and expect him to be around next year. Plus now hearing Alstott today say he would like to come back next year and play and that he hasnt made up his mind if he is going to retire at the end of this year and he also said he dont know if he's even going to make that decision on retiring at all. Here is another guy that they(the media and fans) said Grudne didnt like. I have heard on all the player shows also that they like Gruden.  You just wont keep hearing many of these guys come out and say they like the coach if they really don't like him. I mean what is not to like about the guys. Win or Lose he probably is one of the Hardest Working coaches in the NFL and when players seeing thier coach work that hard to prepars for each game you cant do anything but like and respect what he does. Its not a secret around the leauge this guy knows what he is doing. he was picked in a poll a few months ago and the third most wanted coach around they leauge BY THE PLAYERS to want to play for because of his knowlege of the game..

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 28, 2006, 03:05:26 AM

According to Beckles all the players hate Gruden...proves again this guy makes no sense and makes things up all the time.

#9 : December 28, 2006, 08:07:27 AM

It goes to show you a lot of "we people" have no idea what we are talking about.

When Chris said he wants to come back all I heard was  "He has to say that he would be out of his mind to want to come back"

When Chris said he loves the team and coach Gruden all I heard of was "Thats just player talk he will enter free agnecy and he is just keeping his options open"

When Chris said he is close to signing all I heard was  "Thats hogwash he is not coming back"

When he agreed to the deal all I heard was " Why would he want to come back....obviously he is going to be traded."

Why cant we just be happy he is ONE OF THE FEW players that wants to be here more than every other team. GEEZ Alstott is seen as a god because he has the same mentality but everyone is ready to dump Simms becuase they dont believe him.

Try trusting the kid for once it will lead you to less disappointment

#10 : December 28, 2006, 08:57:37 AM

I like the offense. I like coach.

Nonono...Simms is wrong.  He hates Gruden and wants to leave.

Tell them, Karen.

Duemig/Ian should have some conspiracy theory cooked up for this, right?

#11 : December 28, 2006, 09:04:08 AM

Nonono...Simms is wrong. He hates Gruden and wants to leave.

Tell them, Karen.

620 right now if it wasnt "the only sports radio station in Tampa" would probably lose their flagship status and player access over the filth they have been spewing this year

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 28, 2006, 09:09:29 AM

Nonono...Simms is wrong. He hates Gruden and wants to leave.

Tell them, Karen.

They do. Duemig thinks Simms was only signed so he can be traded.

This is the same clown that claimed a month ago that Gruden was going to sign Simms to a big long term deal in order to "screw the franchise while going out the door."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 28, 2006, 09:11:43 AM

This is the same clown that claimed a month ago that Gruden was going to sign Simms to a big long term deal in order to "screw the franchise while going out the door."

They need to settle on one single conspiracy instead of... oh wait, they couldn't do that, could they? It wouldn't work right that way.

#14 : December 28, 2006, 09:24:45 AM

Also, Deumig just recently said that "something" was happening right now.  Meaning something about moving Gruden out, finding a new coach.

Someone needs to upkeep a list of Deumig's false stories.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I like the offense. I like the coach." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools