Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Star Trek's George Takei marries partner Brad Altman « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#180 : September 20, 2008, 12:04:05 AM

God is a Flying Spaghetti Monster. You all have been touched by his noodly appendage.

kmitchell

Starter

#181 : September 20, 2008, 01:16:35 AM

So God made us in his own image, but he isn't a male or a female... so what does he look like? Does he look like a sexless Barbie? At what point in time can you just give up on trying to back all of these obvious fairy tales and just realize the world fell for the biggest April fools joke ever told.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#182 : September 20, 2008, 01:20:39 AM

So God made us in his own image, but he isn't a male or a female... so what does he look like? Does he look like a sexless Barbie? At what point in time can you just give up on trying to back all of these obvious fairy tales and just realize the world fell for the biggest April fools joke ever told.

You were going to hell before that post. But now you're REALLY going to hell! In a hand basket and in
the express lane!

kmitchell

Starter

#183 : September 20, 2008, 01:25:01 AM

I hope they have beer.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#184 : September 20, 2008, 01:30:53 AM

Beer and strippers. But no lesbian strippers.

kmitchell

Starter

#185 : September 20, 2008, 01:34:49 AM

One man's hell is another mans heaven then. I'd take beer and strippers over bible study and telling other people what to do any day.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#186 : September 20, 2008, 06:25:25 AM

It funny to me that some posters idea of Heaven is my idea of Hell.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#187 : September 20, 2008, 09:43:47 AM

Tell me, what do you have faith in?  Be serious.

And for what it's worth, I don't tell people what to do, unless they work for me. 

kmitchell

Starter

#188 : September 20, 2008, 10:09:38 AM

I believe that the universe is 16+ billion years old, and that there might have been one before it. IF there is a god, the only thing he did was provide the matter that started the Big Bang explosion. Every thing else, mother nature did on her own. Atoms, elements, planets, stars, organisms, evolution, atmosphere, is all nature-made. I think world religions are the biggest form of population control ever made, to scare the uneducated peasants/slaves/ and serfs from murdering their lords for almost 2,000 years.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#189 : September 20, 2008, 11:22:53 AM

I believe that the universe is 16+ billion years old, and that there might have been one before it. IF there is a god, the only thing he did was provide the matter that started the Big Bang explosion. Every thing else, mother nature did on her own. Atoms, elements, planets, stars, organisms, evolution, atmosphere, is all nature-made. I think world religions are the biggest form of population control ever made, to scare the uneducated peasants/slaves/ and serfs from murdering their lords for almost 2,000 years.

So if the "current" universe is 16 billion years old, how is it that as of right now, we are the only evolved species in the universe?  I mean surely there must be something else as intelligent as human beings out there, right?  If so, maybe they are like us and can't reach us due to limited technology, or maybe they are more evolved.  But if they are more evolved, and it would be arrogant for us to believe we are the smartest, why haven't they contacted us? 
You know that one point really puts a big hole in the entire 16 billion year old theory. 
Also, the reason for religion was to worship that which was in control.  Yes, man has, and in some parts of the world, worship the sun, trees, themselves, and just about everything else.  And yes, population control became appearant as a result to those in power by observing the worship.  But make no mistake about it, nature itself will reveal that there is a higher power who created all.  Man, by observing that his own intelligence has evolved to where he no longer needs God, is where we are today.  The Bible predicted such an event would take place and foreshadows the return of Christ.  I am neither shocked or nocfused by your comments, but saddened and hopeful by them.  Sad that you think the way you do, and hopeful to know that it will not be long before the age of the Gentile comes to an end. 
Can you imagine having the opportunity of a lifetime by accepting Christ, but because of your own refusal, missing out on it?  What if Christians are right?  What if mankind is on the brink of the return of Jesus Christ?  What do you do then Kmitchell?

kmitchell

Starter

#190 : September 20, 2008, 11:34:14 AM

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.html

Measurements by the WMAP satellite can help resolve this crisis. If current ideas about the origin of large-scale structure are correct, then the detailed structure of the cosmic microwave background fluctuations will depend on the current density of the universe, the composition of the universe and its expansion rate. WMAP has been able to determine these parameters with an accuracy of better than than 3% of the critical density. In turn, knowing the composition with this precision, we can estimate the age of the universe to about 1%: 13.7 ± 0.13 billon years!

Would if Scientology is right, or Buddhism, or Mayan Sun-worship, or if Appolo or Zeus was the real God? Would if God was one of us? Would if I spend my time worshiping Christ, then I found out the true savior was Zeus so I spend an eternity in hell for worshiping false Idols?

The universe is an awful big place to fly across and find each other, and arguably, we have already been found.

The Bible put in the part about the Rapture for one reason. Fear. People are terrified every generation might be the one where Christ comes back to bring his followers to heaven, leaving the rest of us to die here. That fear is the self-nurturing aspect of religion that keeps it continuing from generation to generation.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#191 : September 20, 2008, 11:40:44 AM

Fear is the greatest tool used by Satan, not God.

The rapture is the greatest promise given to mankind.  I once believed the book of Revelations to be fearful to read, not I see it as a promise. 

The greatest fear of man is to know he is not in control and can do nothing about it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#192 : September 20, 2008, 11:54:39 AM

So whats the difference between God and Satan then. If everything is Gods Will, why would he create people he knows will spend an eternity in hell. At least Satan waits until you do something stupid until you get a ticket to hell.

This post shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what Christianity is.

Whether you agree with it or not, it would be nice if you had a clue before you so fervently talk about what you don't understand.

kmitchell

Starter

#193 : September 20, 2008, 11:47:50 AM

So whats the difference between God and Satan then. If everything is Gods Will, why would he create people he knows will spend an eternity in hell. At least Satan waits until you do something stupid until you get a ticket to hell.

Religion=Fear Fear=Obedience. And since I don't fear religion, I am disobedient, so God says I am destined to hell. Whoopty doo.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#194 : September 20, 2008, 12:36:48 PM

Why was Zeus,Apollo,Aton,and others believed to be the first Gods by many? Why didn't GOD get to the egyptians?Sumers?Athenians?
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Star Trek's George Takei marries partner Brad Altman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools