Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: simms gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 27, 2006, 10:53:04 PM

I'm sorry; they don't keep stats on batted passes.
Look, I can't remember any QB in league history looking worse than Chris Simms did this year!  Let's thank the Lord it was only two games!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : December 27, 2006, 10:55:07 PM

A lot of that has to do with a coach that won't adjust his offense. His job may depend on him doing just that.

#32 : December 27, 2006, 10:56:39 PM

He played 2 freaking games! He won the 3rd (while losing a spleen) & the defense couldn't hold it.
Simms' apologist, yet if one of us makes an excuse for Bruce...

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 27, 2006, 10:57:32 PM

I totally agree with that Karen.  Let's hope Gruden has learned that it's not the system that wins games, it's the talent behind it.  If he didn't realize that this season, he never will.

skip

Starter

#34 : December 27, 2006, 11:07:23 PM

This team was not prepared to start the season. Gruden chose to limit his regulars in the preseason for fear of injury therefore we came out flat. It appeared to me that Simms and his offense were starting to get it going when he got hurt. I bet Gruden plays his starters more next preseason.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 28, 2006, 02:23:40 AM

I like Simms but if Favre or Garcia were brought in here with a chance to be the starter ...they'll win the job hands doiwn.

watson

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 28, 2006, 08:23:34 AM

I like Simms but if Favre or Garcia were brought in here with a chance to be the starter ...they'll win the job hands doiwn.
And you can probably add Fiedler, Feeley and Plummer to that list.  As weak armed and bad as Rattay is he shows you what a vet can do.  Its not about the cannon arm...its about reading a defense and having seen what the defense is trying to stop the offense from doing.  When you see a veteran NFL QB that has played in the WCO it looks like every WR is open on just about every play.  Its more about anticipating who will be open and reading things faster.  Joe Montana never had a cannon for an arm.  But he had the ability to read the defense quickly and know which receiver would be his best option.  Same story with Gannon.  Unless Simms changes things like his long wind-up and staring down his receivers, then he will continue to struggle.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: simms gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools