Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is the time to draft Ted Ginn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Shag

Pro Bowler

#45 : December 28, 2006, 03:32:12 PM

I think if Reggie Nelson is available with our second pick we should take him. Maybe that's just me being a Florida fan but he is a ball hawk who can bring the wood.

If he is there we definately draft him. He's a 1st round safety though.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#46 : December 28, 2006, 05:14:49 PM

Yeah guys, Ginn has world class speed. Like, Eddie Kennison-type track speed. How can he fail?!

LivinLegend

Rookie

#47 : December 29, 2006, 12:02:44 AM

Why Draft Ginn.

1- he is the best nfl prospect on the best team in college.

2- if u look at what he did to Aaron Ross( the Jim thorpe award winner for best db) and what he did michigan(Leon Hall) u will know. he killed them. he kills the best players in the nation.

3- he would make our special teams one of the best in the nfl. i'm pretty sure he would be the FIRST to return a kickoff for a td in our history. Can calvin johnson return kicks. Ginn would effect special teams and offense

4- He goes to OSu the same school Joey g went to so joey G would proably be the best mentor to him then anyone in the league. there the same player. alot of knowledge to be gained.

5- can't teach the his world class speed. but besides the speed he has great lateral movement and vision and agility.

6- With him and joey g thats way to much speed wit alex smith and clayton and stovall working the middle.

7 if we get him we prob could trade down and gain more picks to get calvin johnson we would have to take him higher. I cant see putting that high a pick on a reciever seeing what the lions have done in recent years and keyshawn was the 1 overall pick the same year marvin harrison came out. just something to think about

#48 : December 29, 2006, 12:04:31 AM

Why Draft Ginn.

1- he is the best nfl prospect on the best team in college.

2- if u look at what he did to Aaron Ross( the Jim thorpe award winner for best db) and what he did michigan(Leon Hall) u will know. he killed them. he kills the best players in the nation.

3- he would make our special teams one of the best in the nfl. i'm pretty sure he would be the FIRST to return a kickoff for a td in our history. Can calvin johnson return kicks. Ginn would effect special teams and offense

4- He goes to OSu the same school Joey g went to so joey G would proably be the best mentor to him then anyone in the league. there the same player. alot of knowledge to be gained.

5- can't teach the his world class speed. but besides the speed he has great lateral movement and vision and agility.

6- With him and joey g thats way to much speed wit alex smith and clayton and stovall working the middle.

7 if we get him we prob could trade down and gain more picks to get calvin johnson we would have to take him higher. I cant see putting that high a pick on a reciever seeing what the lions have done in recent years and keyshawn was the 1 overall pick the same year marvin harrison came out. just something to think about
You have the Bengals attention now..

LivinLegend

Rookie

#49 : December 29, 2006, 12:11:09 AM

hahahahaha. yea the bengals are the nfl versions of the portland trailblazers.

#50 : December 29, 2006, 12:12:43 AM

what the bengals got to do wit this?
They have loads of criminals, you said he kills players (obviously not literally)...it's a joke...

LivinLegend

Rookie

#51 : December 29, 2006, 12:36:08 AM

yea i changed my post. i didnt see that u highlighted the killing part so i didnt know what u were talking bout at first

#52 : December 29, 2006, 07:54:22 AM

Ginn would be a great selection if he is there in round 2....best case senerio for Ted is that he will go mid- late first.

I have him going  to the Steelers in my mock

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#53 : December 29, 2006, 08:02:06 AM

I know its easier said than done.. but if Thomas is gone .. at least try to trade down and get Ginn and pick up an additional 2nd rounder.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#54 : December 29, 2006, 02:18:37 PM

A lot of the Ginn hype is going to be settled at the combine.  Everybody knew Ronnie Brown was fast, just not that fast.  Same with Vernon Davis.  If Ginn comes out and runs a 4.29 or a 4.31, he's going to get some attention in the top 10.  If he comes in and runs a 4.45 he's going to drop some.  He's a little raw but the speed will make up for that in many teams' front offices. 

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 29, 2006, 02:24:00 PM

speed isn't only useful on deep routes, every QB likes a fast wideout, even if it's for hitches or slants. still, i've heard some charles rogers comparisons that make me uncomfortable with ginn

how crisp are his routes? a big fast WR in college can get away with alot of backyard-ball stuff that just doesn't translate into the pros, even against the best of NCAA competition. to play in a gruden O, you need to run precise routes - you can't run a deep fly on every play, eventually you have to run some WCO patterns.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#56 : December 29, 2006, 03:48:39 PM

A lot of the Ginn hype is going to be settled at the combine.  Everybody knew Ronnie Brown was fast, just not that fast.  Same with Vernon Davis.  If Ginn comes out and runs a 4.29 or a 4.31, he's going to get some attention in the top 10.  If he comes in and runs a 4.45 he's going to drop some.  He's a little raw but the speed will make up for that in many teams' front offices. 
Very true.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is the time to draft Ted Ginn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools