Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is the time to draft Ted Ginn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : December 28, 2006, 01:23:41 PM

Eh. I am not impressed with Ginn. He just reminds me of a speedy college wideout who is going to get used to being covered by speedier corners and safeties...

I think he tanks.
He has world class speed. He's not just another sprredy WR.

I showed you they both are equal in speed. Where Ginn may beat you is in his acceleration from the snap but in stride CJ=Ginn's speed...the freaky thing is CJ has 4 inches+ on Ginn and is stronger physically...GEEZ A WR SQUATING 425!!!

I just perfer the more polished WR in Johnson than just a speedy guy. Its the same issue that Chicago has with Hester...he is fast but really thats all he is

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : December 28, 2006, 01:27:15 PM

Eh. I am not impressed with Ginn. He just reminds me of a speedy college wideout who is going to get used to being covered by speedier corners and safeties...

I think he tanks.

I showed you they both are equal in speed. Where Ginn may beat you is in his acceleration from the snap but in stride CJ=Ginn's speed...the freaky thing is CJ has 4 inches+ on Ginn and is stronger physically...GEEZ A WR SQUATING 425!!!

I just perfer the more polished WR in Johnson than just a speedy guy. Its the same issue that Chicago has with Hester...he is fast but really thats all he is
They aren't equal in speed. No way.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#17 : December 28, 2006, 01:31:49 PM

Eh.  I am not impressed with Ginn.  He just reminds me of a speedy college wideout who is going to get used to being covered by speedier corners and safeties...

I think he tanks.

He is quick but no way does he have "world class" speed.  Ginn is projected to be 4.35-4.40, Joey ran a 4.19 in TC and he is mid 30s.  In his prime Joey on one leg would have burnt Ginn for speed.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : December 28, 2006, 01:33:32 PM

And don't compare Hester to Ginn. Hester is a moron who can't learn an offense. He's also only 5-10. Ginn has produced at Ohio State (someting Hester didn't at Miami), and still has alot of room for growth at WR.

Calvin Johnson has great size, and good speed. I wouldn't mind if we drafted him either. I just like Ginn more.

Who wouldn't want some Ginn and juice?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : December 28, 2006, 01:37:00 PM

Eh.  I am not impressed with Ginn.  He just reminds me of a speedy college wideout who is going to get used to being covered by speedier corners and safeties...

I think he tanks.

He is quick but no way does he have "world class" speed. Ginn is projected to be 4.35-4.40, Joey ran a 4.19 in TC and he is mid 30s. In his prime Joey on one leg would have burnt Ginn for speed.
He set the high school record for 110 meter hurdles. He runs a 10.5 100 meter dash. They want him to run track in the olympics. That's world class speed.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 28, 2006, 01:40:55 PM

simply said no we do not.we have bigger holes to fill than a speedy wideout.we can pick another quality wr in the 2nd or 3rd round.dt for instance is a bigger need.i do like the possiblity ginn posesses to make a splash play or 2 per game.whether it be catching a ball,running a reverse,or returning a kick.still joe thomas,a dt,qb,safety,lb,ect is more important.regardless tampa will be a much better team after this offseason.this is gonna be one fun draft and free agent period.i cannot wait.it will be an early christmas for the team and us fans in 2007.

#21 : December 28, 2006, 01:41:13 PM

What's the difference between Breaston and Ginn?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 28, 2006, 01:42:40 PM

When are we supposed to draft Ginn?

#23 : December 28, 2006, 01:43:51 PM

He set the high school record for 110 meter hurdles. He runs a 10.5 100 meter dash. They want him to run track in the olympics. That's world class speed.

Hurdles is a technical run, and 10.5 in the 100 meters is nowhere near world class speed.  He is quick but there quite a few guys in the NFL that can run sub 11 second 100 meters.

#24 : December 28, 2006, 01:46:46 PM

Breaston is currently a senior and has played a major role for the Michigan Wolverines in all four of his seasons (2003-2006). He is most prolific return man in school history and has contributed to the Michigan offense as a wide receiver. Breaston's 149 career receptions are sixth most in school history.

Breaston is Michigan's all-time leading punt returner (127 returns for 1,599 yards) and kickoff returner (77 returns for 1,941 yards). He has returned four punts for touchdowns, which ties him with Gene Derricotte and Derrick Alexander for the school record, and one kickoff for a score. His combined total of five returns for touchdowns is a Michigan record. Breaston's punt return and punt return yardage marks are also Big Ten Conference records. Breaston ranks eighth in conference annals in kickoff returns and fifth in kickoff return yardage.

#25 : December 28, 2006, 01:48:29 PM

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=20160&sport=1

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=18332&sport=1

Check both out they both measure up pretty even on the speed side

Larry Brackins

Starter
#26 : December 28, 2006, 01:48:55 PM

Breaston is currently a senior and has played a major role for the Michigan Wolverines in all four of his seasons (2003-2006). He is most prolific return man in school history and has contributed to the Michigan offense as a wide receiver. Breaston's 149 career receptions are sixth most in school history.

Breaston is Michigan's all-time leading punt returner (127 returns for 1,599 yards) and kickoff returner (77 returns for 1,941 yards). He has returned four punts for touchdowns, which ties him with Gene Derricotte and Derrick Alexander for the school record, and one kickoff for a score. His combined total of five returns for touchdowns is a Michigan record. Breaston's punt return and punt return yardage marks are also Big Ten Conference records. Breaston ranks eighth in conference annals in kickoff returns and fifth in kickoff return yardage.
Ok?

Ginn had 803 and 781 recieving yards the last 2 years. Breaston has 291 and 555. The difference is not only can Ginn return kicks and punts, he can actually play WR.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#27 : December 28, 2006, 01:50:15 PM

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=20160&sport=1

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=18332&sport=1

Check both out they both measure up pretty even on the speed side

They run similar 40s. Doesn't mean they have equal speed. I haven't seen C.J. pull away from guys like Ginn.

Again, I like Johnson. I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted him. I would actually like that. I just like Ginn more.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#28 : December 28, 2006, 01:50:44 PM

You want speed?
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/johnnieleehiggins.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/chansistuckey.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/paulwilliams.html

Three guys who run 4.35's but won't go round 1 or possibly round 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 28, 2006, 01:51:17 PM

Ginn is fast, but he also displays good balance. Not sure he's the best value for the Bucs in round one, though.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is the time to draft Ted Ginn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools