Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow...1-7 looking real possible « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

: September 16, 2008, 06:58:57 AM

Brutal schedule, for sure, the next 6 weeks look like pure L's......

Maybe we can convince Green Bay that it is too hot to play hard...... 

Chicago..........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......let's see this vaunted passing game agisnt that

Dallas????      Arse kicking

Delhomme and health always equals   OWNED

Seattle.....OK we may win that one

Denver.....well  consider taht west coast, a long trip and a loss,.

BRING ON THE MIGHTY CHIEFS, WE SHOULD DOMINATE THEM LIKE THE FALCONS WERE DOMINATED.......hmmmm that  makes me fearful.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : September 16, 2008, 07:08:05 AM

I think the team will surpirse and get a win or two against one of the "better" teams.  I could see winning 2 of the 3 home contests before the bye, and a win against KC on the road, yeilding a 4-5 record at the bye. Maybe 5-4 if we pull out a win this Sunday as I believe the Bears game will be the easiest of the next 3 road trips.    But the koolaid drikin' fan in me says we'll win em all except Dallas, and be 7-2 at the bye ;D

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 16, 2008, 07:10:24 AM

Yeah some toughies coming up. But none of these teams are infallible.  With Denver and Dallas I think it'll be a matter of staying in touch.  If we drop more than a TD behind by halftime, it'll be all over.  These could well be very, very hard games to win.

Seattle... we have a good shot at winning.  I have no idea who Hasselbeck is throwing the ball too. Their WR injury situation gets worse every week.

Chicago - if we can stop Forte, we can stop this team, even if they hold us to a low score. I can't really see Orton shredding our secondary.

Carolina with a healthy Delhomme and an active Steve Smith scares me, I admit.

Green Bay ... well who'd they beat so far?  They blew out the Lions. But so did Atlanta. And I think we're harder to pass against than the Vikings, who they beat in week one.  Ryan Grant is a bit banged up I believe... I don't think that's a guaranteed loss. We are in with a chance.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 16, 2008, 08:03:47 AM

Dallas is a loss for sure, the Bucs are JV compared to them.

All the other games could go either way, even Denver. Their D is awful

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 16, 2008, 08:04:16 AM

If the Bucs protect the football, they'll beat Chicago.

I'm still not sold on Green Bay...they faced a 1 trick pony in Minnesota and a horrible Lions team. We'll learn more this week when they play Dallas. At home, I think the Bucs stand a good chance of winning this game.

@ Denver is always tough - but Denver has no defense - if the Bucs can control the TOP and avoid turnovers, they can hang with them.

Carolina - its always a tough game with them.

Seattle - Is down this year.

@ Dallas - That's going to be a rough one - but Dallas' d took a big hit with Roy Williams going down.

You know, I am truly amazed at how down folks are on the Bucs this year and I don't really understand it. We have a good running game and a damn good defense. Our QB is adequate and our passing game (at least this week) can move the chains and keep possession of the football. No, we're not scoring 40 points a game, but you know what? Many teams have rode a running game and defense to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that's where the Bucs are headed - but I'm just astonished that our fans think so little of our team.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 16, 2008, 08:13:41 AM

I'm with you, Jason.  Its really sad.  1-7?  Give me a break.  Its a wonder why some people even bother to watch the games.

If I thought the Bucs were going to lose their next 6 games, I wouldn't even bother to watch.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 16, 2008, 08:27:09 AM

It's the usual whining. What you say is pretty spot on Jason, the run game is good, it'll get better when Joseph returns. Defense is solid.  Plenty of reasons to tune in, I'm having a blast watching the Bucs this year. Personally I derive immense satisfaction from watching Graham run straight through defenders.  I could watch his highlights all day. Can't wait for the Chicago game.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 16, 2008, 08:29:10 AM

I love how some people can look at games and already give us a W or L.

It's that awesome fan support that must be what really makes the organization happy.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 16, 2008, 08:38:52 AM

I can't believe some people and their defeatist attitudes. I realise the Bucs have some flaws but so does every team in the NFL, and many, many teams look more flawed than we do currently. So why all the negativity? 1-7...gimme a break! Dallas looks unstoppable and I don't fancy our chances against them, but all the others are beatable IMHO. Green Bay haven't proven anything against a good team yet, and the Chargers don't look that clever on Defense.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 16, 2008, 08:51:21 AM

One could say we will be 7-1.
Now I know there are some tough games but hey!
It sure is funny....the other board had a thread how easy the schedule is and here's this thread.Amazing how 2 people can look at the same thing and find nothing similar!

#10 : September 16, 2008, 08:55:51 AM

the first half of our schedule is EASIER than the second half.   

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 16, 2008, 09:09:00 AM

@ Chicago - Win

Green Bay - Win

@Denver - Loss

Carolina - Loss

Seattle - Win

@ Dallas - Loss

On this six game stretch I have the Bucs go on to 3-3 for an overall record of 4-4 by the midway point.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 16, 2008, 09:29:31 AM

1-7 is possible, but I think we might luck into a win or 2 along the line...

None of those are easy wins, and those of you who think Seatlle will be a pushover are crazy.

We could easily go 1-7. not saying that will happen, but it is possible looking at that schedule.

Looks like Seattle and Chicago are our best shots, maybe Carolina.  I am considering GB, DEN, and Dallas automatic losses, we can't even begin to hold the jocks of those 3 teams.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 16, 2008, 09:31:36 AM

3-5 at the midpoint, I think.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 16, 2008, 09:35:24 AM

4-4

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow...1-7 looking real possible « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools