Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this! « previous next »
Page: 1

Buc31

Starter

: December 27, 2006, 10:12:08 PM

Its clear that all of you have fallen in love with Jeff Gracia so riddle me this, what the hell makes you all so sure that with the play of Gracia that the Eagles are just gonna let him walk away? While McNabb comes back from his injury. All i'm hearing is Gracia this Gracia that, if I were a GM I would keep Jeff who has been playing well because who knows when McNabb will be 100%. HOLD YOUR HORSES GUYS!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 27, 2006, 10:15:12 PM

The Eagles will have no choice if Garcia wishes to play elsewhere. If he wants to go, he will. He's not under contract after this season.

Buc31

Starter

#2 : December 27, 2006, 10:18:51 PM

Never thought about that. Thanks!

#3 : December 27, 2006, 10:20:32 PM

Personally, I think the Garcia idea is ludicrous.  He's nothing more than another band aid at the QB position.

We need to put a young QB out there and ride with him until experience settles in.

The problem is that fans refuse to be patient with younger guys while they develop.  That is obvious from the banter here.  We mortgaged 2004-2006 on Brad and the World Championship.  It is time to go with the youth now.

Besides, as stated many times already, Andy Reid will likely keep Garcia as insurance for the oft-injured McNabb.

Maybe none of our current QB's are the answer either, but bringing in what amounts to a 38-year old QB sure as hell isn't either, unless it is a backup.  Not sure Garcia could make it through 16 games anymore.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 27, 2006, 10:24:39 PM

The Bucs are gonna make a big run at Garcia.   He and Rattay make this team a contender immediately with some defensive FA help.   Allen and Gruden are salivating.   With a Johnson pick the offense would be set.  

#5 : December 27, 2006, 10:28:17 PM

The Bucs are gonna make a big run at Garcia.   He and Rattay make this team a contender immediately with some defensive FA help.   Allen and Gruden are salivating.   With a Johnson pick the offense would be set. 

Respectfully disagree for reasons already stated.

I'll add that we are more than just a QB away from contending.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : December 27, 2006, 10:40:53 PM

Joe freaking Montana couldn't do much behind our o-line.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 27, 2006, 11:10:57 PM

He and Rattay make this team a contender immediately with some defensive FA help.   

short bus take you to school?

#8 : December 27, 2006, 11:12:32 PM

He and Rattay make this team a contender immediately with some defensive FA help.   

short bus take you to school?
LMAO

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2006, 11:16:47 PM

The Bucs are gonna make a big run at Garcia.   He and Rattay make this team a contender immediately with some defensive FA help.   Allen and Gruden are salivating.   With a Johnson pick the offense would be set.

I disagree with practically everything you said.

Garcia is 37. How is that a long-term solution to our QB issues? And he and Rattay will suddenly get us to a contender status? Keep in mind that Rattay was absolutely horrible in the pre-season. No one wanted him in when Simms went down. And now suddenly, because he performed OK in a few regular season games, that makes us a contender?

The Defense needs more than a few guys from the Free Agency. It needs to be rebuilt. The foundation is now old and slow. And we need to start building depth through the draft.

And we need more than Calvin Johnson to fix the offense.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Riddle me this! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools