Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Absolutely NO excuses for next season!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 27, 2006, 10:50:22 PM

If Gruden comes back next year, and there is no indication to think otherwise, there will be no more excuses.  We have the draft picks & FA money to make this a better team.  There will be none of this talk about the players not being his either; this is now his team.
I will stand behind my original assumption that Chris Simms is through as a starter in this league until he gets the batted passes under control.  Well, as of his last game, he had not harnessed his problem, yet we gave him a fairly nice contract.  My hopes is that they will bring in an experienced vet to compete for the QB position, but I thought that last year as well.
There is a lot riding on the decisions made during this off season, and the ones being made right now.  I don't like the way they are getting started...

#1 : December 27, 2006, 10:57:34 PM

Dangit, someone reset the clock, Guru posted a Gruden hating thread...Again.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : December 27, 2006, 11:00:39 PM

I'll wait until Monday to decide if he will be back or not. If he doesn't get fired, then I will support him through next year. IF he comes back, hopefully he makes the right moves and improves us. I want him to do well.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 27, 2006, 11:01:24 PM

Call it hate if you want, but I just don't understand the signing of a player that doesn't fit the system and hasn't proved he can stop his passes from being batted.  Let's hope the guy will be the back up next year. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 27, 2006, 11:05:16 PM

All this talk about getting a vet QB in here, and I still can't get anyone to give me a legit name.

I dont think Garcia will be available by the time free agency rolls around. There is no gurantee that McNabb will be ready to start next year. He could pull a Culpepper where he isnt ready to play and end up screwing up their season. So I think the Eagles will resign Garcia and pay him. Especially if he leads that team into the playoffs.

That leaves Jake "the mistake" Plummer. Who is someone that most people in Tampa already do not want.

After that...there isn't any vets. Everyone is holding on to their QBs.

#5 : December 27, 2006, 11:06:20 PM

Okay stop. This thread is being hijacked, it's now about...penguins.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : December 27, 2006, 11:12:27 PM

#7 : December 27, 2006, 11:13:34 PM

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 27, 2006, 11:14:59 PM

All this talk about getting a vet QB in here, and I still can't get anyone to give me a legit name.

I dont think Garcia will be available by the time free agency rolls around. There is no gurantee that McNabb will be ready to start next year. He could pull a Culpepper where he isnt ready to play and end up screwing up their season. So I think the Eagles will resign Garcia and pay him. Especially if he leads that team into the playoffs.

That leaves Jake "the mistake" Plummer. Who is someone that most people in Tampa already do not want.

Doesn't Garcia get to make that choice whether he hits FA or not-- he is going to want a team he can start for right away. And not have the looming notion of as soon as McNabb is healthy he is out. Garcia has a chance at one more pay day-- and the Eagles never give up big jack for anyone-- he would be crazy not to test FA waters.

Also in addition to Jake, there are talks of Carr that are still viable, Brunell?-- slim pickings but there are some names out there. We defintiely need a vet to push or replace Simms.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2006, 11:19:52 PM

Doesn't Garcia get to make that choice whether he hits FA or not-- he is going to want a team he can start for right away. And not have the looming notion of as soon as McNabb is healthy he is out. Garcia has a chance at one more pay day-- and the Eagles never give up big jack for anyone-- he would be crazy not to test FA waters.

Also in addition to Jake, there are talks of Carr that are still viable, Brunell?-- slim pickings but there are some names out there. We defintiely need a vet to push or replace Simms.

You see, Garcia wants to be on a team that has a chance of going to the Super Bowl next year. The Bucs will not be a Super Bowl team next year. If we make the right movies, maybe we can compete for a wild card considering how weak the NFC really is. But this is not a Super Bowl team.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : December 27, 2006, 11:20:29 PM

RJ, is there a dead person in your penguin pic?

#11 : December 27, 2006, 11:22:00 PM

I don't really know....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : December 27, 2006, 11:24:14 PM

Look at it--there's a person laying there. Sleeping with the penguins, no doubt!

#13 : December 27, 2006, 11:26:06 PM

Face it...Guru is on the terminal rag and always will be so long as Gru is here.  I think Guru is really Duemig incognito.   Go hang on Mikey's sack for a while.

Guru will never be happy.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 27, 2006, 11:29:17 PM

As a pastor I believe forgiveness is necessary to his faith so he should forgive Gruden after every loss.  As an atheist I reserve the right to be spiteful and never forgive a loss. ;D

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Absolutely NO excuses for next season!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools