Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Jevon Kearse be Simeon's replacement? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 29, 2006, 03:32:10 PM

Chev, you know that I am not a big Rice fan from my previous posts. That being said, if he can help the team next year and help us win games on a consistent level, I'm all for it. his lack of consistency and bragging have always been my gripe.

He certainly has a loquacious flare that sort of grates on some and I get that.
Nice.

Thanks Boid...I try to practice what I preach...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 29, 2006, 04:07:36 PM

That's my whole point.  Athletes prove people wrong all the time with their top flight conditioning. I think we'd all agree that Sim is a workout freak.  In better shape than most and gets better as the season goes on.  If I'm going to make a prediction on a guy like that, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt...but I don't have that hate crust in my eye posing as a cateract either...LOL

well, i'll be happy to see him here with a well-deserved shot at shattering the franchise sack record, but every year i've leaned towards expecting the very best from sim, but the trend away from dominant form has been pretty consistent....personally, i can only see him becoming a truly dominant player in the league again if he gets a jason taylor type "joker" role in a primarily 3-4 defense.  he just seems less physical and way less willing to make inside moves since getting t-boned by frank middleton in '04.

nonetheless, we can agree that given the cap situation and lack of an all-pro lock to step up in his place, this team is better with him than without him....i'm just gonna take it with a grain of salt next time sim makes noise about an MVP season, workout freak or no.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 29, 2006, 06:38:15 PM

Truth be told, I could have done without the lip service as well.  But even in his most pompus mode it was all about team and how he wanted to raise his game to help the team.  No doubt him having a banner year would have worked wonders for a non-existant pass rush...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 29, 2006, 07:18:11 PM

Why do people think Rice will be gone?

I think there is serious consideration going on within the organization about what they could do possibly with his $9 million plus in cap money next year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 30, 2006, 09:28:44 AM

Why do people think Rice will be gone?

I think there is serious consideration going on within the organization about what they could do possibly with his $9 million plus in cap money next year.

I'm sure the talks are going on, but to assume he won't be here with the state of this dline looks like 9 mill well spent to me...

#35 : December 30, 2006, 11:40:39 AM

Kearse isn't overrated but he's injury prone. I like him. He has family in Tampa. So I could see him wanting to play here. He played high school in Fort Myers I believe. I know he signed a huge ocntract with Philly but Im not sure what he has left on it and if it's possible that Philly can get out of his contract right now even if they do want to
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Jevon Kearse be Simeon's replacement? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools