Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: sundays game important to us « previous next »
Page: 1 2

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« : December 28, 2006, 07:44:43 AM »

i hope we play great but lose by 1` point ,I remember winning the last game of the year and losing out on drafting BARRY SANDERS one year.

« #1 : December 28, 2006, 08:49:11 AM »

4Bucs, that kind of statement will have some calling you a fairweather fan. Personally, i'm in full agreement with you. The Seahags will be playing their scrubs.... this win will probably drop us a few more spots in the draft. [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 28, 2006, 08:51:57 AM »

I agree.   I do not want to win this game.

Play Gradkowski!!!!!!!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 28, 2006, 09:18:51 AM »

we have to hope all the other teams win too and then its a wash.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 28, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

I agree. Put in Grads. Or Luke!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 28, 2006, 10:17:46 AM »

I do not understand the thought process to want or wish your team to lose a game ... I just don't get it, and never will I guess.   I say you play the best you can and win the game if you can.

I personally think this team will benefit from going out on a 2 game winning streak more than moving up or down a spot in the draft.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 28, 2006, 10:21:49 AM »

Those of you who are hoping for a loss this Sunday are not true fans. You should turn in any
Bucs' tickets or shirts or whatever and give it to the true fans. I'm packing my stuff up today.
Anybody want my season tickets? I don't deserve them anymore.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 28, 2006, 10:25:45 AM »

I'd like to see them win. If they play hard but still lose, that's different. I've seen enough drafts to know that college play doesn't equal NFL play. We took Alstott in the second round in '96, Barber in the third round in '97, Sapp and Brooks were both first round but out of the top 10 in '95, Lynch in the third round in '93. Meanwhile, do you remember Charles McRae? We chose him #7 overall in '91, and he was one of the biggest draft busts in history. You can pick an  eventual bust just as easily as you can pick a winner come draft day.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

« #8 : December 28, 2006, 10:26:43 AM »

GO BUCS

« #9 : December 28, 2006, 10:30:26 AM »

You can pick an  eventual bust just as easily as you can pick a winner come draft day.

That is true but with high draft position a player that a couple of teams picking behind us might be on the board.  Say Detroit and Oakland take Thomas and Peterson, and Quinn is on the board.  We might be able to drop down a few spots, pick an extra 2nd round plus a 1st round in the 2008 draft if a team wants him badly enough. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 28, 2006, 10:31:47 AM »

Draft is crap shoot? Really? Man, that is a new take on the entire issue. That thought never crossed my mind!

The truth is, we know it's not a guarantee. But for us, the win is not worth much so why not take the higher
pick? I just don't see anything positive for next year or the year after, etc... coming from a win. The higher
pick MAY be a goldmine.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 28, 2006, 10:32:55 AM »

The higher pick might also be a Charles McRae. ;)

« #12 : December 28, 2006, 10:36:40 AM »

Someone said this before, but I'll repeat it...Call up DB's radio show and tell him you hope the team loses to get a better pick. Just see what he says.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #13 : December 28, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »

I personally think this team will benefit from going out on a 2 game winning streak more than moving up or down a spot in the draft.

I don't see how that is possible.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 28, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

You think Derrick would be mad at us? Man, that would just ruin my day and make me cry.

Keep pointing out the busts Gruden Fan. Shall I keep posting the dominant players who
were taken high in the draft?

Let's see you find a 100% scenario in which a win on Sunday COULD help us.

I can show you plenty of past drafts where a 3 or 4 pick COULD help us. So the
POTENTIAL for improvement is there if we lose.

If we win, what are the chances we improve from that win?

Is it a risk picking in the draft? Yes. But the risk is worth it because we would
be giving up nothing but a meaningless win.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: sundays game important to us « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools