Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The tide seems to be turning « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 28, 2006, 08:48:14 AM

Listening to 620 "I know....I know" I am starting to realize the people that HATE Gruden are the ones that are starting to question Chris Simms and are brining up the sign and trade.

The people that like Gruden are happy for Chris and Gruden and believe that this is a smart move for a coach that has to win next year or bust....he knows the system and seems to respect Gruden even though they have had their outs.

Before it seemed like it was rare for someone to like Simms and Gruden...I guess we Gruden fans see the rationale of the sign

#1 : December 28, 2006, 08:52:23 AM

Well, I don't know...but I do think that with the solid performances in Chicago and in Cleveland, coupled with Simms basically giving Gruden his vote of confidence, people are a bit more well...Grudenista than they have been in weeks past.

Is this warranted?

Not sure, but I DO think that this is a great signing, and I think that Gruden should get next year.

#2 : December 28, 2006, 08:59:07 AM

True...Some of the people I am hearing are saying "unfortunatly Gruden will be here next year" and in the same breath "The only rationale they can see is a trade with Simms"

Is it me or does it sound like the Gruden haters may be scared that Simms may bust out next year and save Jon Gruden's job?
It will be a sad day in Gooberville if we turn it around and Gruden gets a 3 year extension

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2006, 09:44:43 AM

Well, I don't know...but I do think that with the solid performances in Chicago and in Cleveland, coupled with Simms basically giving Gruden his vote of confidence, people are a bit more well...Grudenista than they have been in weeks past.

Is this warranted?

Not sure, but I DO think that this is a great signing, and I think that Gruden should get next year.

Well last year I think the Bucs played better than they were. They overachieved. This year I think just the past 2 games proves they havn't played as good as they really are. We went up to Chicago and nearly beat the Bears (who has the #1 seed). And we almost shut out the Browns at the pound (something not easy to do).  The Bucs could have easily rolled over in both games, especially when the Bears were up 21-3.

So if they can find a QB that is at least consistant, a good WR, and fill some holes on defense....we should easily see improvement.

If the Bucs go at least .500 next year, then Gruden will keep his job.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 28, 2006, 12:20:13 PM

True...Some of the people I am hearing are saying "unfortunatly Gruden will be here next year" and in the same breath "The only rationale they can see is a trade with Simms"

Is it me or does it sound like the Gruden haters may be scared that Simms may bust out next year and save Jon Gruden's job?
It will be a sad day in Gooberville if we turn it around and Gruden gets a 3 year extension

You mean the TBBBB?

I would love to see the Bucs win for many reasons, and one of them would be to see PMS and kronicdiarhea shut their lecherous pie holes up and eat giant servings of moldy crow.

KRS9400

Rookie

#5 : December 28, 2006, 12:31:40 PM

All of this failure this season is easily summed up with the mess that Allen and Gruden inherited a salary cap hell and then failed to make something out of nothing with the Garner, Brown Stuessie, etc etc..  All of this stuff will come out of the wash in the next couple years, this is the same as giving Clinton credit for the economy turnaround and not taking into exception that changes in inheritated offices take time to turn around.  After this year and all the cap that is available we will all see the Gruden and Allen dream come alive, and when they win another championship who are we going to give credit to for that???

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 28, 2006, 12:57:13 PM

Most people that don't like Simms were hanging their hats on the "he doesnt fit Gruden's offense" theory. How do any of these people understand what Gruden's offense is when Gruden himself has been too short on talent from year to year to be able to figure it out?

I whole-heartedly applaud the Simms deal, but until Gruden can settle on a run-first or pass-first philosophy, this offense will never run at it's optimum level. You can't maintain any kind of continuity if you don't know what's going to be called from play to play, at least to start the game off.

I always liked Bill Walsh's practice of scripting the first 15 plays and running them regardless of the outcome. Walsh used that as a tool to expose defensive game plans, then he'd adjust and attack. All of this based on the fact that he knew what he wanted to do with his offense.

Perhaps now that Gruden is collecting some offensive talent, he can soon have that luxury..

Restock and upgrade the DL and we're right back where we were in 2005..

Happy with the coach.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#7 : December 28, 2006, 03:22:19 PM

All of this failure this season is easily summed up with the mess that Allen and Gruden inherited a salary cap hell and then failed to make something out of nothing with the Garner, Brown Stuessie, etc etc.. All of this stuff will come out of the wash in the next couple years, this is the same as giving Clinton credit for the economy turnaround and not taking into exception that changes in inheritated offices take time to turn around. After this year and all the cap that is available we will all see the Gruden and Allen dream come alive, and when they win another championship who are we going to give credit to for that???

I hope you were drunk when you wrote that, because unless we get the entire Colts offense I don't see us anywhere near a Championship.  BTW Gruden and Allen have NEVER won a Championship. So if they win a Championship it won't be them winning "another" championship.
Our Defense is old, we have no DB's other than Ronde, we can't pressure the QB with our front 4, and who knows how good the defensive players we draft or in free agency will play in our system. The cap room and the draft will be all Gruden, Allen will just lube up and hope Gruden is gentle because all Allen hears from Gruden on Draft day, is "warm up my coffee."

KRS9400

Rookie

#8 : December 28, 2006, 03:32:23 PM

I hope you were drunk when you wrote that, because unless we get the entire Colts offense I don't see us anywhere near a Championship.  BTW Gruden and Allen have NEVER won a Championship. So if they win a Championship it won't be them winning "another" championship.
Our Defense is old, we have no DB's other than Ronde, we can't pressure the QB with our front 4, and who knows how good the defensive players we draft or in free agency will play in our system. The cap room and the draft will be all Gruden, Allen will just lube up and hope Gruden is gentle because all Allen hears from Gruden on Draft day, is "warm up my coffee."

All very good points and i agree with alot that you say but dont you think in maybe 4 or 5 years when this mess is all cleared up and the Bucs are on an even playing field in FA game as well being able to retain good players that they will be a much better team?  I guess i really beleive that Simms is going to be a great QB as long as he gets a supporting cast like a Calvin Johnson.  You bring up the D, yeah i agree the age thing is going to take its toll but its also going to free up a lot of money to pick up players that can play too.  I do tend to dream a lot and depend on wishful thinking but it has taken me a long ways with this team in the past.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#9 : December 28, 2006, 03:53:16 PM

well im a huge gruden fan....and i honestly don't agree with us going into the season with Simms, Grads, and McCown.  I dont think Simms is that great and believe he was exposed.  Grads was also exposed down the stretch.

I still, however, trust Gruden and the front office and believe that they know better then any of us...what they are doing..

I think it would be great though, if we bring in a Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, or Jake Plummer...and give them a 50% chance to win the starting job. 

Cut McCown..and go with Simms, Grads, and the veteran

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 28, 2006, 04:41:37 PM

I'd be delighted if we could sign Garcia, but I'd hate to see Brunell play for us. I don't know why but I have never rated him at all.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

KRS9400

Rookie

#11 : December 28, 2006, 04:57:27 PM

I
I'd be delighted if we could sign Garcia, but I'd hate to see Brunell play for us. I don't know why but I have never rated him at all.

i agree 100%, they need someone in there to push Simms.  Competition is always good

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#12 : December 28, 2006, 05:21:42 PM

The may just keep Rattay. He's a proven vet and is servicable in the back up role behind Simms so f something hasppens then hes there ans we are okay. Plus he will be chaeper to get than all these other guys we are talking about. To me it is the best move they can make

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The tide seems to be turning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools