Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To Lose or Not to Lose « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 28, 2006, 11:06:20 AM

Do you think you're actually telling us something new by pointing out high draft pick busts from previous drafts?
We're all aware of that. We know that a 3rd won't necessarily be better than a 6th pick. That's not news. But
it's worth the gamble because it MAY be the player we need or the spot we can use to trade down and really
make a difference in coming years. What would we be giving up? A meaningless win. Sorry but it might be nice
to have the win for a day or two but in the long run, it means zero.

This is all a moot point because the Bucs will play to win (as they should) and we'll know everything by
the end of the week.

#16 : December 28, 2006, 11:09:07 AM

Do you think you're actually telling us something new by pointing out high draft pick busts from previous drafts?
We're all aware of that. We know that a 3rd won't necessarily be better than a 6th pick. That's not news. But
it's worth the gamble because it MAY be the player we need or the spot we can use to trade down and really
make a difference in coming years. What would we be giving up? A meaningless win. Sorry but it might be nice
to have the win for a day or two but in the long run, it means zero.

This is all a moot point because the Bucs will play to win (as they should) and we'll know everything by
the end of the week.
Trading down isn't that easy. Plus, there are no once in a generation prospects worth trading up for this year. Now if somebody who projects high drops then maybe somebody will try to trade up with us, but what's the point because we could take that player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 28, 2006, 11:11:28 AM

I do not care about draft position when talking about this team.  If it was a crustly old team and they started to rally some wins towards the end of the year while being mediocre for most of it then I would gripe.  Then I would be all for draft position.

Seeing that this team is a young team in general wins are more important than draft position to young players.  Wins to vets are a been there done that type of deal to them.  To young guys they need ever drop of it.   That is why I hope to see a lot of young players play in this last game.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 28, 2006, 11:15:45 AM

Just don't think a win (with young or old players) will affect us next year and in years to come.

A higher draft pick MIGHT be a huge thing for us.

How many different ways do we need to say this?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 28, 2006, 11:17:32 AM

A win with the young players means that there is a better chance for improvement.  Improving the young players currently on the roster will always be the priority over the young players that you will potentially accquire down the road.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 28, 2006, 11:17:41 AM

Seeing that this team is a young team in general wins are more important than draft position to young players.  Wins to vets are a been there done that type of deal to them.  To young guys they need ever drop of it.   That is why I hope to see a lot of young players play in this last game.

That's why I hope we win all our preseason games next year, and lose this weekend. By next year nobody is going to care about some game they played 8 months ago on a different looking team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 28, 2006, 11:21:41 AM

The vets will not care but to the young guys it means everything. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 28, 2006, 11:22:50 AM

Yeah, our young guys will never recover from a loss on Sunday because it means everything to them.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 28, 2006, 11:23:44 AM

The vets will not care but to the young guys it means everything. 

Maybe for right now, but it won't next year.

#24 : December 28, 2006, 11:24:40 AM

Wins increase confidence.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 28, 2006, 11:26:23 AM

If we were playing a team that needed to win to get into the playoffs, that would be an entirely different story.
Then, a win might mean something.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 28, 2006, 11:26:33 AM

I personally don't think the Bucs will beat the Seahawks, so I don't think it will matter at that. But, with the Senior Bowl, combine, and individual workouts still yet to happen, a lot can change for a player's stock between now and April.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 28, 2006, 11:27:46 AM

It not a matter of recovering from a loss.  It is a matter of seeing progress with young guys.  If not the Bucs will be in the same positon next year with the 2007 draft class and talking about how draft position is important for the 2008 draft. Young guys producing in the game but results in a loss? That is something you can take from the game.  Young guys producing helping produce a win?  That is something you can take and carry into next year.  The young guys on this team will have to be (for better or worse) the foundation to the house that is trying to be built.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 28, 2006, 11:33:50 AM

What about last year?  Who is the best player out of the draft so far?

I say #10 pick Vince Young and most people picked him as the bust QB of the draft.  Remember the IQ test.

I dont care if we pick #3 or  #7, anything in the first 20 picks has good potential to be a great player.

Lest get a win against a playoff team this week, that will make me believe again in this team and the coaches.  Cause right after that game, no more Bucs for a long long time.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 28, 2006, 11:45:29 AM

I believe in this team and coaches no matter what. That's the difference and that's why I don't need a win this Sunday.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To Lose or Not to Lose « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools