Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To Lose or Not to Lose « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 28, 2006, 11:48:37 AM

When the game is on I'm gonna root, cheer, etc.  It's not fun to watch the games and not root for your team.  But I'm not gonna cry if we lose.  I'll enjoy a win more for a while, but I'll also enjoy a higher spot in the draft too.  This draft isn't looking "top-loaded" right now, there are 3 or 4 aces, no supastahs, but a fair amount of depth.  Quin, thomas, Adams, Johnson seem to be the consensus best bets, after that, it drops a bit and then plateaus for a while.  The difference between 3 and 6 may be greater than the difference between 6 and 20th this year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 28, 2006, 11:58:24 AM

My heart says win, my head says lose.  Outside of gametime, I believe that the higher draft pick has the best chance of improving the team for the long term.  However, like Caradoc, from kickoff til 00:00 I will be screaming, cheering, rooting, and hollering for a win.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 28, 2006, 12:00:08 PM

When the game is on I'm gonna root, cheer, etc.  It's not fun to watch the games and not root for your team.  But I'm not gonna cry if we lose.  I'll enjoy a win more for a while, but I'll also enjoy a higher spot in the draft too.  This draft isn't looking "top-loaded" right now, there are 3 or 4 aces, no supastahs, but a fair amount of depth.  Quin, thomas, Adams, Johnson seem to be the consensus best bets, after that, it drops a bit and then plateaus for a while.  The difference between 3 and 6 may be greater than the difference between 6 and 20th this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 28, 2006, 12:13:29 PM

I really don't think it matters what any of you guys think.  This game is not going to be won by the Bucs because Seattle is a much better team, Shaun Alexander, and Walter Jones.

You can root for them, but come Sunday, the Bucs will finish the season at 4 and 12.  You can root for them to lose, and you aren't really accomplishing anything.  If the Bucs win, it will be a damned miracle...

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#34 : December 28, 2006, 12:30:12 PM

I have mixed emotions on this subject  I love to see our team win, but one position in the draft can make a big difference.  There was talk by PR that we liked Manny Lawson DE in the draft.  He went one spot ahead of us.  The same for Marshall CB went to the panthers just before we picked.  Are they better picks than Davine and Tueblood, thats for you to decided.  What I like to see happen is Tampa win, Washington win,  a Houston win and a Arizona Win.  Arizona will be hard press to beat SD since they are playing for home-field in the play-offs.  That will have us picking 5Th.  If the Bucs lose I would like to see Cleveland win.  That will give the Bucs the third pick n the draft.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 28, 2006, 12:33:48 PM

I want us to play well but lose by one. Why would anyone want to move back, potientially to the #7 pick? Its about the future, suck it up fellas we suck this year. We need everything possible to get better for next year.

How could you be happy by ending the season beating the seahawks? Whooptie doo we have 5 wins instead of 4 and we missout on Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, potientially Quinn, Clavin Johnson, potientially Jamarcus Russell.....

Baghead #2

bucfan11

Starter

#36 : December 28, 2006, 01:32:00 PM

I like your article, Prefer.    If a team plays a game, it must play to win.    We all know the value of a talented draft pick, but none of us would respect the Bucs for not playing their best just to get a better position in the draft.    I root for the Bucs to win.    I love it when they win, but win or lose, I am a Bucs fan.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 28, 2006, 01:45:12 PM

I like your article, Prefer.    If a team plays a game, it must play to win.    We all know the value of a talented draft pick, but none of us would respect the Bucs for not playing their best just to get a better position in the draft.    I root for the Bucs to win.    I love it when they win, but win or lose, I am a Bucs fan.

I don't think anyone is saying the Bucs players should just give up. Maybe just that their best won't be good enough.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 28, 2006, 01:47:03 PM

i want a win.draft postion is no big deal.ending the year on a winning note is better.besides defeating seattle last year's nfc champs would be cool.yes it might cost them some slots in the draft.still leaving the home crowd with a win is the way to go.even though it is considered a meaningless win it is a good thing.go bucs!let's close out this year right.

#39 : December 28, 2006, 05:01:58 PM

How much pride and "learning to win" can come from defeating the Seahawks back-up players anyways?

Great post. Getting a win vs David Green(seahags' starting qb this week) will give me no joy.... nor will it benefit the team.

#40 : December 28, 2006, 05:04:20 PM

No Seneca?

#41 : December 28, 2006, 05:04:45 PM

Great post. Getting a win vs David Green(seahags' starting qb this week) will give me no joy.... nor will it benefit the team.

I actually heard that Hasselbeck is getting the start.

#42 : December 28, 2006, 05:05:38 PM

I heard it would be Green. I figured with them playing so crappy, the starters would be playing. Then you look at the line, we're favored by 3. That says it all.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To Lose or Not to Lose « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools